Buying help

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

Buying help

Postby Roberto » Sun 26.09.2010, 18:20

Hello everyone. I am Roberto, from Italy, and i am searching a good Elan to buy. Here there are not a lot but i have two or three to watch. By the way i need an advise from you as experts of this model. The question is: I received photos about one car i am interested but i saw somwthing that create me some doubts. This car is blue color, very nice, and looks in good conditions but seats and door panels are black with red stripes. Shouldnt be blue? I mean seats and panels color shouldnt be the same of car body?
Thank you very much
Roberto

Re: Buying help

Postby niall » Sun 26.09.2010, 20:26

Welcome
Seat stripe colour is not as body colour.
Mine are grey with yellow stripe and the body is Pacific Blue.
I believe any combination may occur.
Good luck with the search.
niall
Fanatic

Postby theelanman » Sun 26.09.2010, 21:03

the interior has two options...half leather or full leather....
half leather was all the same colour and the door panel insert was in the cloth material
the full leather came in three options.....raven black, raven black with red stripe or raven black with yellow
the later option also allowed for perforated leather...
the S2 variant was generally a perforated leather but with choice of piping to match the body colour if the leather was black....they also came with blue leather or cream leather seats

:)

hope that helps :)
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Gazza » Mon 27.09.2010, 19:57

theelanman wrote:the S2 variant was generally a perforated leather but with choice of piping to match the body colour if the leather was black....they also came with blue leather or cream leather seats

Choice of coloured piping with all leather colours :wink:
S2 Midnight Blue #660
Hayward & Scott 2.5" exhaust.
Red AP brakes & Nitron adjustable suspension.
SOLD

TVR Tamora in Montreal Blue
Gazza
God

Postby Roberto » Mon 27.09.2010, 21:57

Thank you very much to everyone. Very helpful asnwers. So now i know that seats on this car are right. Soon i will go to see it on real and i will write my opinion. And if possible i will take some photos.
Roberto

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 27.09.2010, 22:04

Ciao Roberto. A few years ago, we took a snapshot of where members were in the world an put them on a world map. You may find some local members who may be able to help you: LECmap

There is also Danielle in Padova.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Return to Elan Buying Help