Looking in Seattle WA USA Area.

Elans wanted within North America

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Looking in Seattle WA USA Area.

Postby DashEight » Sun 14.12.2008, 06:38

I'm looking for An M100 in the Seattle, Washington Area. Let me know if you have heard of anything available. I scout Ebay and Autotrader more often then not so it'd be very likely I am aware of the cars on there. I'm looking for a car locally that I could actually see in person. I prefer white cars but due to the rare nature of the car, All cars would be seriously considered. Thanks! -Patrick
A Can of Worms Isn't Going To Open Itself....
DashEight

Re: Looking in Seattle WA USA Area.

Postby lotos » Sun 14.12.2008, 20:28

M100's are very rare. Don't be afraid to travel a little - you can always find cheap airfare. You may be waiting forever for a car that'll never appear nearby.
lotos
God

Postby nitroman » Sun 14.12.2008, 23:46

Yep, Low-toes is right. I have 35k miles on my white one und its for sale. Nothing wrong with coming to Florida over the winter. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11838&p=150001#p150001

It's a 3800-mile, 5-day-drive between Jacksonville & Seattle. I know as I bought a car in Seattle in 2002. I had never driven cross-country before, especially diagonally. It gives you an appreciation for how big and diverse our country really is. I'd recommend all Americans do it at least once in their life.
Strive for perfection in everything. (given time)
Take the best that exists & make it better. (given inclination)
If it doesn't exist, create it. (God did)
Ignore what I say. (good advice)
nitroman

Postby DashEight » Mon 15.12.2008, 00:41

Thanks for the advise fellas. I got a few non-local birddogs looking right now. I've only seen this car in person once or twice and only in passing traffic so I'd like to see one in person before or at the time I buy it. I've already had a local member contact me about their car. I've flown out a few times to look and buy a car. See my Introduction for one of my travel stories about the Mythical Maserati Shamal. viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13994 I'm prepared for a wait, it'd provide more time to increase the budget. :beer:
DashEight

Postby DashEight » Mon 15.12.2008, 05:16

nitroman wrote:Yep, Low-toes is right. I have 35k miles on my white one und its for sale. Nothing wrong with coming to Florida over the winter. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11838&p=150001#p150001

It's a 3800-mile, 5-day-drive between Jacksonville & Seattle. I know as I bought a car in Seattle in 2002. I had never driven cross-country before, especially diagonally. It gives you an appreciation for how big and diverse our country really is. I'd recommend all Americans do it at least once in their life.

NItroman, I actually just got back from a Cross Country Road Trip three weeks ago. I took the opportunity to help my buddy move his car and dogs from Lemoore, CA to MERIDIAN, MS. He flew the F-18 Charlie and decided to move back and instruct in the T-45s. I'm planning on going back down the last week of February to go shark fishing in Pensacola FL, I might set up a "layover" stop to look at your car. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll pm you my number and we'll have to talk. -Patrick
DashEight

Postby Jeff » Tue 13.01.2009, 02:51

http://www.galos.net/mike/CarsForSale/default.htm

this one was for sale in the Seattle area,this was posted a while back so I don't know what its status is now
Jeff
Fanatic

Postby tweetdriver63 » Tue 13.01.2009, 03:38

If I were in the market, and specially if I strongly preferred a white one, I would hop a flight to Jacksonville to check out nitro's car. That's a really fine example of one in top shape, and you'd be buying it from an Elan enthusiast, not just some schmuck who didn't know how to care for it properly. You can fly round-trip from SEA to JAX for as little as $201 (expedia). You could buy it (if you like) and either skip the return flight and drive it home (a damn long drive), or have it shipped and be waiting for it to get there. you may be waiting a long time if you don't want to travel.
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Postby nitroman » Tue 13.01.2009, 04:46

Jeff wrote:http://www.galos.net/mike/CarsForSale/default.htm

this one was for sale in the Seattle area,this was posted a while back so I don't know what its status is now

The Elan is not a large car. Who else whacks theirs up on the ends & flank like that?
nitroman

Postby DashEight » Tue 13.01.2009, 05:45

For 15k there should be no damage save a few paint chips from normal driving. Paint fade would be something else. The search go's on....
DashEight

Postby Enright » Tue 13.01.2009, 22:58

nitroman wrote:Who else whacks theirs up on the ends & flank like that?

Parking - the braile method.
Less than 40,000 miles and hardly an unscratched panel - that car does NOT look like it's been cared for. :cry:
Interesting to see that it's got a new timing chain!
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby Doug » Wed 14.01.2009, 06:57

tweetdriver63 wrote:If I were in the market, and specially if I strongly preferred a white one, I would hop a flight to Jacksonville to check out nitro's car. That's a really fine example of one in top shape, and you'd be buying it from an Elan enthusiast, not just some schmuck who didn't know how to care for it properly. You can fly round-trip from SEA to JAX for as little as $201 (expedia). You could buy it (if you like) and either skip the return flight and drive it home (a damn long drive), or have it shipped and be waiting for it to get there. you may be waiting a long time if you don't want to travel.

:agree:
good idea

now is Nitro really selling? isn't he going to buy a DeLorean or something like that?
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby DashEight » Sun 22.03.2009, 01:11

No longer looking for an Elan, just picked up an Europa that will have to do for now. Thanks Friends, Patrick
DashEight

Postby DashEight » Tue 25.08.2009, 10:29

Ok, I'm back in the hunt. I can't fool myself. I need an Elan. White, BRG, or Yellow. I drove by the old Double Tree Inn located in Tukwila WA yesterday and had a flashback to 12 years ago. It was there that I saw, for the first time, an Elan M100 in the flesh. It was Red with the top down. I pulled a U-turn to chase it down in lunch hour traffic to get a better look. My buddy thought I was nuts and we were late getting back from lunch just so I could get a better look. I told my girlfriend yesterday about that time and how it has never been something I could forget. I just bought a 1995 Lotus Esprit S4 a few weeks back as a "project car" so my budget is tighter. A fella heard about my Europa project and offered me his Esprit for a great price since I was “into Lotus cars”. I couldn't resist his offer. Heck of a nice guy also. Anyway, As far as the Elan is concerned, I need to make a plan and commit to it to get this taken care of before I get married and have little ones. Don't get me wrong, I'll be the happiest car salesman you'd ever see when I sell off my car collection for my family's needs. I just want to experience owning an Elan when I have the time and opportunity to enjoy it. I'm 30 right now and the years are going by faster than they ever have before. It's GO time. Here's a pic of my Lotus projects if you're interested, 1970 Europa S2 in background, 1995 Esprit S4 in front:

DashEight

Postby tigerdog » Tue 25.08.2009, 15:11

Because there are so few Elans in North America, you might want to consider expanding your search area a bit. The cost of a plane ticket to buy a clean, well-documented car is cheap compared to the cost of buying another "project". :-D
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby esprit888 » Tue 25.08.2009, 19:45

Oddly enough, considering the rarity is evn worse up here, there are three for sale just north of the dotted line right now. Unfortunately, due to our high taxes and the high CDN $, they are more expensive than down south but the three examples range from poor/high miles to very good/ low miles.
esprit888
Fanatic

Yellow in California

Postby tigerdog » Fri 11.09.2009, 15:53

I just posted an ebay link in the "For Sale" section. Not my car, but as it happens I might be able to check out the car next Tuesday if you're seriously interested. Photos look good. Seats have been reupholstered, top (hood) appears to be newer. Has Texas plates.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby tigerdog » Mon 14.09.2009, 16:05

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123
I just traded messages with the seller. I can check the car out on Tuesday, if you're interested.
tigerdog
God

Postby lotos » Sat 19.09.2009, 21:33

Here's one not that far from ya (tigerdog gets the credit for finding it!)
http://classifieds.sportscarmarket.com/ ... 0c91cc9529
lotos
God

Postby nitroman » Sun 20.09.2009, 06:48

For the miles, price, original owner status, your color preference, and proximity to your location, this car seems made to satisfy your wishes; unless you are only trolling for detritus.
nitroman

Postby DashEight » Fri 25.09.2009, 07:51

Well, I've been LAID-OFF at the start of this last week. Lotus projects and buying an Elan M100 are on ice for now. Be back in the hunt soon. :|

Nitroman: As far as trolling for non-living particulate organic material (detritus), I'd have to say that I'm in no need of another Lotus project car. (if that's what you ment to imply.) I would have jumped all over that white car in Portland a few weeks ago had I known about it then. If I secure another job soon, who knows, maybe I can work something out. Right now, it's hard to not focus on anything other than obtaining my next position. I do have to admit, had I been at home at the time this auction had ended I would have bid to buy this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

Lotos & Tigerdog, Thanks for your help. That 24k mile White Elan in Portland is EXACTLY what I had been looking for!!! I hope the "irons still hot to strike" when I'm back in a position to buy it. Thanks again guys!
DashEight

Next

Return to North America Cars - Wanted