Peugeot 309 GTi.....

Items not fitting within the above categories

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: Peugeot 309 GTi.....

Postby Jamie N » Sun 05.11.2017, 13:57

Rambo wrote:Jamie's no doubt researching the cheapest Sleazy Jet flight from Embra to Bristol :wink:

Not a chance, Jamie doesn't fly, at all ,ever, if we were meant to fly we would have had feathery wings!, plus they are mega polluting B~~~~~~'s , and fill my living space with noise all day every day, so to say I have a dislike for commercial aircraft would be a stupendously understated comment :D .
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler

Postby Rambo » Sun 05.11.2017, 14:02

Jamie N wrote:
Rambo wrote:Jamie's no doubt researching the cheapest Sleazy Jet flight from Embra to Bristol :wink:

Not a chance, Jamie doesn't fly, at all ,ever, if we were meant to fly we would have had feathery wings!, plus they are mega polluting B~~~~~~'s , and fill my living space with noise all day every day, so to say I have a dislike for commercial aircraft would be a stupendously understated comment :D .

:twisted: :twisted: I had my cynical and twisted hat on Jamie. I knew you didn't like flying or pollution of any type hence your eventual escape to the country. Hopefully you will leave the fumes and noise of Rawshyte and Grungemouth way behind ;-)
Rambo
Sauce au raifort

Postby Bern » Sun 05.11.2017, 18:24

Frankly though, it was badly proportioned, there must be a ratio of l x h x w by which cars are aesthetically pleasing, the 205 had it, the 309 didn't!

The 309 was, I think, originally a Chrysler Europe design to be the replacement of the Horizon, which explains why the 309 lacks the aesthetics of the 205 and 405! PSA decided to launch it as a Peugeot when they acquired the operation. I also think they had the rights to a new design that Matra was working on, but turned it down. Matra took it to Renault and it became the Espace!

I had a 305 GTX estate, but that had the twin choke carb version of the 1.9 XU.
'90 Elan SE Turbo
'03 Land Rover Discovery TD5
'03 VW Transporter
'03 VW Lupo
'87 Mini
'80ish Kubota B5100E
Bern
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Other Items - Wanted