LADA ... rhd

Items not fitting within the above categories

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

LADA ... rhd

Postby clemo » Tue 10.04.2018, 17:20

As well as being part of this rabbleous club i was for a while part of the Lada Niva owners club. The 4x4 thing. I really quite regret selling it now. Was a lot of fun . Slow but fun. The club is made up of nerdy types and plain bonkers owners . Bit like here really !

If anyone knows of an old cold war relic sitting around i would appreciate a tip off. Any sort of old lada would do .

Thank you .

CCCLEMOSKI.
Jim Clark S2 on the way . The one with the Yellow spoke wheels .
clemo

Re: LADA ... rhd

Postby esprit888 » Tue 10.04.2018, 19:00

clemo wrote:As well as being part of this rabbleous club i was for a while part of the Lada Niva owners club. The 4x4 thing. I really quite regret selling it now. Was a lot of fun . Slow but fun. The club is made up of nerdy types and plain bonkers owners . Bit like here really !

If anyone knows of an old cold war relic sitting around i would appreciate a tip off. Any sort of old lada would do .

Thank you .

CCCLEMOSKI.

I lived in the high Arctic (and i mean High, look up Grise Fiord and Resolute Bay) for several years. During the winter the temps never rose above minus 30 C and were often minus 50 with the wind chill factor, the government vehicles were left idling ALL day and at night they were 'plugged in' with battery warmers, block heaters, sump heaters and interior heaters. A long timer (German) guy had a Lada Niva flown up as cargo! it outperformed every other vehicle up there, including purpose built army gear, it started every morning, never got stuck and was as reliable as a Honda down south. Amazing little SUV, wish i knew of one !
esprit888
Fanatic

Postby Giniw » Tue 10.04.2018, 19:18

esprit888 wrote:I lived in the high Arctic (and i mean High, look up Grise Fiord and Resolute Bay) for several years.
Wow, this must have been an awesome experience!! :D

(edit: I just had a look at the Grise Fiord wikipedia page and it seems the origin of the place is not very nice :/)
Giniw
God

Postby esprit888 » Tue 10.04.2018, 19:49

Giniw wrote:
esprit888 wrote:I lived in the high Arctic (and i mean High, look up Grise Fiord and Resolute Bay) for several years.
Wow, this must have been an awesome experience!! :D

(edit: I just had a look at the Grise Fiord wikipedia page and it seems the origin of the place is not very nice :/)

Very true, just like Resolute bay it was essentially the government of the times way of claiming sovereignty, many didn't survive the first year , though today many refuse to leave even with a large compensation being offered.
esprit888
Fanatic

Return to Other Items - Wanted