vector image files wanted

Items not fitting within the above categories

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

vector image files wanted

Postby BarryDalHerbert » Sat 28.08.2021, 14:05

Does anybody have vector files of the:
LOTUS word and
ELAN word for the M100?

So the official Lotus documentation words for our cars in a vector (resizeable) file format.
Or can point me to somewhere that they are available for download?
Please?

BdH
Tuross Head NSW
28-Aug-21 23:05
BarryDalHerbert
Tinkerer

Re: vector image files wanted

Postby Jon » Fri 01.10.2021, 05:14

I've published this in WikiMedia Commons - hope it is useful.

Anyone looking for the nose cone/wheel centres might also be interested in (this one was already out there):

Jon
Enthusiast

Postby Fredjohn » Fri 01.10.2021, 07:00

How about dropping this into the manuals section along with the other useful pictures and videos?
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
Evora 2010
MB E250 CDi coupe 2013
Boardman Endurance SLR 9.4 disc 2018
Rapido 746 2010
Fredjohn
God

Postby BarryDalHerbert » Fri 01.10.2021, 08:29

Good work. Thanks.
I have never heard of WikiMedia Commons...
The M100 rear badge above is there along with the nasty new Lotus logo that was designed by somebody's child using Microsnot PaintBrush.
Have a look here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... arch&go=Go To download, click on items that take your fancy.

BdH
Tuross Head NSW
1-Oct-21 17:29
BarryDalHerbert
Tinkerer

Postby dapinky » Fri 01.10.2021, 11:18

Fredjohn wrote:How about dropping this into the manuals section along with the other useful pictures and videos?

If you're talking to Jon, then it is because he either doesn't want it there, or (hopefully more likely) hasn't got the access to do so.....

.... however, if it is "just" an instruction to me to do so, then certainly, sir.... I'll get straight onto it :D

I have compromised (seeing as it is a licensed file, with Jon owning the copywrite) and placed an image on the manuals page (under 'useful images') with a link to the original hosting page from where the license can be viewed, and the file downloaded. That way, it can be found and used (as appropriate), but Jon retains total control over the file and it's content, to either retain, alter or remove as he wishes.

Hopefully, this will enable people to get to it for as long as the author wishes it to be "freely" available.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Jon » Sat 02.10.2021, 01:00

Thanks DaPinky!

I was originally planning to upload direct to LEC - but the upload function wouldn't permit SVG. So I thought WikiMedia Commons seemed like as good a place as any since there is other similar content there and the licensing rights are open and simple.
Jon
Enthusiast

Postby Jon » Sat 02.10.2021, 09:20

I've put one up for the SE too - though the S looks small compared to the E (even though they are the same height). Not sure if that is correct? Perhaps someone can let me know - I couldn't find a good enough quality reference image to check this....

Jon
Enthusiast

Postby dapinky » Sat 02.10.2021, 10:14

IMG_20140918_124350.jpg

Jon,

The "S" on my (old) badges does appear to be slightly taller than the "E" - not noticed it before, and possibly done to make it more aesthetically pleasing????

Who knows!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Jon » Sun 03.10.2021, 00:55

Thanks - the S is definitely outsized compared to the E. I've updated the graphic accordingly (note: anyone with this page already loaded will have to force a refresh of the browser cache - hold shift and double click the reload page icon at the top of the browser usually does the trick).
Jon
Enthusiast

Postby dapinky » Sun 03.10.2021, 11:03

That looks a lot better to my aged eyesight! - now added to 'Manuals' website.

Thanks for making these, I'm sure that they will be a great addition to information held.
Dave

dapinky
LEC Administrator

Return to Other Items - Wanted