Touring France in August - Lotus + Microlights

Our Elans were built to be driven and not all of us want to to use them on Track Days. If you use, or plan to use, your Elan as a Grand Tourer and have completed or are planning some great trips then inspire the rest of us with the details.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Touring France in August - Lotus + Microlights

Postby JonT » Thu 12.05.2011, 11:09

I mentioned this in passing on the Euro breakdown thread, but thought it worth a post in its own right. An ex-pat SELOCer has some friends who have been running touring holidays for microlights for a few years now. This year we've been invited to follow them around in Lotuses. The event flier is here:
http://www.rallye-ulm.fr/anglais/pages/circuit_2.php
The event itself runs from Sunday 21st August to Thursday 25th, although we'll be travelling down on the 20th (8am-ish Chunnel) and there's a big party on the Thursday night so you wouldn't be back before late on the Friday (SWMBO and I are staying over nearer the channel on Friday night before heading back on Saturday).

Although accommodation will be camping on the airfields, there is a chef travelling with us who will be providing breakfast, lunch and dinner (with wine!), so it's hardly slumming it. The cost is 380Euro per person to cover food and camping. Numbers are being co-ordinated on SELOC, but I'm acting as the UK cat-herder and we've currently got a couple of spaces (this year we're keeping it to 10 cars).

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity - we're hoping to have the chance to swap places with microlight passengers so you may even get the opportunity for a flight over the Pyrenees - or other bits of France, and they might want passenger rides in the Lotuses. Cars coming are mainly Elises, but a french owner is bringing his Esprit V8 and I'll be in the Elan.

If you've got more questions, please post here or u2u me.

Jon
JonT
Fanatic

Re: Touring France in August - Lotus + Microlights

Postby theelanman » Sun 22.05.2011, 13:20

u2u....is that selocs version of PM.....
:-D
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Return to Touring