TO LOG 34 from Colorado

Our Elans were built to be driven and not all of us want to to use them on Track Days. If you use, or plan to use, your Elan as a Grand Tourer and have completed or are planning some great trips then inspire the rest of us with the details.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

TO LOG 34 from Colorado

Postby EM One Hundred » Sat 13.09.2014, 22:25

My wife and I are heading out in the morning (9/13/2014) to LOG 34 via Interstate 70 with planned stops in Abilene KS at the Eisenhower Museum, Independence MO at the Truman Museum, Franklin TN at friends and then to Asheville with a possible stop in Dollywood, just because. I just wanted to alert the masses of Elan fans out there that we are passing through and to wave if you see a yellow Elan with Colorado plates. LOG 34 here we come!
EM One Hundred

Re: TO LOG 34 from Colorado

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Sun 14.09.2014, 03:07

Have a safe journey...
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby tigerdog » Sun 14.09.2014, 16:27

Have a great time! Post the actual route miles, just to impress our UK friends with how far the Elan is capable of traveling without fear of trevail.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby dapinky » Sun 14.09.2014, 16:44

tigerdog wrote:.... Post the actual route miles, just to impress our UK friends with how far the Elan is capable of traveling without fear of trevail.

I know that 'local' is a totally different concept in USA, but there are still a few of us who have used / still use our elans for long distances (well, long for Europe, anyway - in the region of a couple thousand miles over a fortnight).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby LotusEnthusiast » Sun 14.09.2014, 19:20

I'll be at LOG without my Lotus Cars. My M100 is going through paint and fiberglass, my Europa has an engine problem that will be fixed as soon as possible and my dad won't let me take the Elise. However, I will be there helping a friend of mine get all of his Lotus Cars to the Biltmore. I live in Franklin, TN but I'm in Knoxville about 1 hour away from Dollywood. I hope you have a great trip!! Might run into you on the interstate. I'm leaving Friday to get to my friends place in Asheville. I'd love to meet you, I'll be walking around near the M100s to talk to the owners and the Europa guys as well.
LotusEnthusiast
Tinkerer

Postby lotos » Mon 15.09.2014, 14:30

Sounds great! My wife again said no to putting the car seats on the trunklid so I'm staying put this year,
lotos
God

Postby tedtaylor » Wed 24.09.2014, 14:05

EM One Hundred wrote:My wife and I are heading out in the morning (9/13/2014) to LOG 34 via Interstate 70 with planned stops in Abilene KS at the Eisenhower Museum, Independence MO at the Truman Museum, Franklin TN at friends and then to Asheville with a possible stop in Dollywood, just because. I just wanted to alert the masses of Elan fans out there that we are passing through and to wave if you see a yellow Elan with Colorado plates. LOG 34 here we come!

Unless you are Ross Robins, you'll be the 2nd yellow Elan driving from Colorado to LOG 34.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss

'73 Elan Sprint DHC
'66 Elan S2 DHC
'91 Elan M100
TaylorMadeClassicCars on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fanatic

Postby lotos » Wed 24.09.2014, 16:01

lotos
God

Postby EM One Hundred » Wed 24.09.2014, 21:51

Well I am back from LOG 34. Had a great time, the car worked well and other than a few hours of rain and a couple of wet knees, Ann and I had a comfortable trip. We stopped at three presidential residences, Eisenhower, Truman and Jackson; walked the Tallgrass Prairie in Kansas (look it up...amazing); drove the Blue Ridge Parkway and averaged over 30 mpg. Now we have to get ready for LOG 35 (see the Announcement under "Other Events") :D :D

By the way it was great to see three other Norfolk Mustard Elans including Ted Taylor. Nice to put a face with a name, too.
EM One Hundred

Return to Touring