TomTom Car Symbols

Threads for help with computer maintenance, software and hardware advice, photos and photoshopping, and other topics related to keeping your computer healthy and online with us.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: TomTom Car Symbols

Postby The Ref » Mon 08.12.2008, 14:23

tweetdriver63 wrote:
The Ref wrote:I have the go300 and i cannot get The function to work on it can anyone help me ?

Billy

You might try the link paulwebster posted to the tomtom forum, and read through the whole thread there. Maybe it says something about the go300??

done that without any luck. it looks like it will not work on the older tt.
Billy
There are 3 types of people in the world. Those that can add up and those that can't
The Ref
Fanatic

Re: TomTom Car Symbols

Postby tweetdriver63 » Thu 31.12.2009, 21:39

Hey everybody! There's more!!

You can also change the start-up and shut-down images, and even make custom color schemes. I have done the start-up/shutdown images on mine, and It's pretty cool.

Here is what mine looks like on start-up/shutdown:
PC311174.JPG

and here's the file I used:
splash.jpg

If you want to use this one, just save it to your computer, then convert it to a 24 bit BMP file, and save it to the root directory of your tomtom. Save it as splash.bmp for the start-up image, and suspend.bmp for the shutdown image. I made the background red because my Elan's red. You can obviously replace the red background with something else if you desire. If you're making your own image from scratch, just make sure it's a 320x240 24 bit BMP.

There are instructions at the TomTom site HERE for doing all kinds of things. If there's some enterprising, patient, computer tinkerer type out there with a little time on their hands, it might be cool to have a LOTUS color scheme for all our TomToms. (hint hint hint)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Previous

Return to Computer Help / IT Area