Data recovery of a faulty HDD

Threads for help with computer maintenance, software and hardware advice, photos and photoshopping, and other topics related to keeping your computer healthy and online with us.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Data recovery of a faulty HDD

Postby saska » Sun 25.10.2009, 15:41

RayD wrote:Is it practical to get the drivers from the laptop onto a memory stick prior to reformatting then re-install them afterwards?

All the drivers are on Packard Hell's web site HERE.
I'd download them all and unzip them to a Cd or USB stick.
After installing XP do the chipset drivers first, then the Unichrome IGP (graphics) drivers, then the rest in any order. I'd reboot after the chipset and also the IGP drivers. The rest, I'd install the lot and then reboot.
Good luck.
--
Tony
adw (at) saska.co.uk
saska
Sadly departed but never forgotten

Postby RayD » Sun 25.10.2009, 16:08

Thank you Tony, that looks straightforward.

There’s nothing to lose as the laptop only just qualifies to be called a computer as it is.

Ray
RayD
Forum Member

Postby lotos » Tue 27.10.2009, 19:51

Ray- hope you've gotten it all sorted! I've been out of town nearly 2 weeks on vacation in New England (now just need to get to OLD England! :lol: )
lotos
God

Postby RayD » Tue 27.10.2009, 20:31

Not quite Randy, but with Tony's help I've moved forward on the driver front. I just need to know about the ISO files you mentioned... you have mail.

Thanks Ray
RayD
Forum Member

Previous

Return to Computer Help / IT Area