Mozilla has reduced functionality

Threads for help with computer maintenance, software and hardware advice, photos and photoshopping, and other topics related to keeping your computer healthy and online with us.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Mozilla has reduced functionality

Postby surfboardfiller » Wed 08.06.2011, 23:42

My Mozilla browser has lost the back and forward functions and there is no address in the http address field. Never seen this problem before.

I turned off the plug ins for AVG and Java but its not helped. Any one experienced this before? or got a solution?

Cheers,

Phil
surfboardfiller
God

Re: Mozilla has reduced functionality

Postby dapinky » Thu 09.06.2011, 07:40

Phil,

Are you running Firefox 3.6.17 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 ?

I was having so many problems with the add-ons on V4 (not working, or needing to re-install evey time i turned it on), that i went back to V3.6.17 (the last of V3) and havent had any problems.
That said, I haven't tried the 4.0.1 - maybe it fixed the problems?
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby saska » Thu 09.06.2011, 09:13

surfboardfiller wrote:My Mozilla browser has lost the back and forward functions and there is no address in the http address field. Never seen this problem before.

View > Toolbars > Navigation Bar
You may need to hit the Alt key if File Edit View etc. aren't visible
--
Tony
adw (at) saska.co.uk
saska
Sadly departed but never forgotten

Postby JonT » Thu 09.06.2011, 13:06

dapinky wrote:I was having so many problems with the add-ons on V4 (not working, or needing to re-install evey time i turned it on), that i went back to V3.6.17 (the last of V3) and havent had any problems.

My solution was slightly more drastic. Moved to Chrome :lol: Much better experience all round.
JonT
Fanatic

Postby surfboardfiller » Thu 09.06.2011, 13:22

JonT wrote:
dapinky wrote:I was having so many problems with the add-ons on V4 (not working, or needing to re-install evey time i turned it on), that i went back to V3.6.17 (the last of V3) and havent had any problems.

My solution was slightly more drastic. Moved to Chrome :lol: Much better experience all round.

I went there and then went back as I wanted a browser rather than a 'lifestyle' hence the reason I don't buy Mac. :wink:

I am running 3.6.8 Bizzarly my functionality has come back! Probably not long before it goes again. It happened whilst I was on a flash heavy sight so maybe that is to be avoided. :?

Saska, the navigation bar is there it just didn't work, even the menu stopped working (greyed out)

Thanks for your help Mr P
surfboardfiller
God

Return to Computer Help / IT Area