File conversion. Isuzu engine Ilustrated part manual

Threads for help with computer maintenance, software and hardware advice, photos and photoshopping, and other topics related to keeping your computer healthy and online with us.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

File conversion. Isuzu engine Ilustrated part manual

Postby wayne » Thu 22.12.2011, 21:29

A few months ago I managed to find an online engine parts manual that listed all the isuzu part numbers for what seems to be both turbo and na engines.
I book marked the website and grabbed a copy of the site using teleport pro.

Unfortunatly the website now seems to be unavailable. I can still view most of the contents of this site through teleport pro.

I have a feeling the info that was on this site would be of interest to others here and I have been trying to find a way to put all the info togther to make a single document that everyone could use and save.

Unfortuntly my IT skills are very limited and I have no idea of how to convert this data into something usefull to others that could be added to the LEC database.

If it's legally acceptable to do this and anyone can help please drop me a pm and I'll pass along all the info collected.

Attached a copy of 1 page to show the kind of data available:

timing belt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wayne on Mon 26.12.2011, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Pacific Blue, Top end performance Kit. K&N airfilter& HKS BOV. Everest. HiSpec fronts, SS hoses. 2010 Canyon red Evora.
http://www.elanm100.com
wayne
God

Re: File conversion

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 22.12.2011, 23:37

PM send Wayne.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Re: File conversion. Isuzu engine Ilustrated part manual

Postby wayne » Mon 26.12.2011, 20:56

Hope everyone had a good Xmas. Unfortunatly I was back at work this morning :(

I'm still scratchin my head how to convert this into a standalone document for other people to use.....

I didn't realise it was such a small file... took forever to download !

To view the contents properly you may have to download a trial version of teleport pro form somewhere like http://www.download.com

I can not say if isuzu part numbers listed are correct for the Elan but having a quick search for known numbers it looks promising....

Unfortunatly its too big to post here 2.04 Mb

I may be able to convert it to a ms office document...?? any other suguestions what would work better or any IT people can offer any help?

If you can improve the file drop me a pm and i'll be happy to send it over.

:cheers:
1992 Pacific Blue, Top end performance Kit. K&N airfilter& HKS BOV. Everest. HiSpec fronts, SS hoses. 2010 Canyon red Evora.
http://www.elanm100.com
wayne
God

Postby texas2201 » Tue 27.12.2011, 11:38

could you use Dropbox? I can send you an invite if you pm me your email

Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
texas2201
God

Postby Specky » Tue 27.12.2011, 14:57

I do something similar every now again, when I purchase a cheap set of microfiche from eBay I'll upload them to computer and straight into a PDF format.

It's good to see all the variants of engine and their little quirks, especially with so many car manufacturers using the same powertrain. There's so many part numbers for the same piece of kit and most cheaper than Lotus.

I use adobe professional as it's cheap and cheerful and nearly everyone can read a PDF.

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby saska » Mon 09.01.2012, 09:48

Inkitin has converted the Isuzu illustrated Parts Catalogue to a .pdf file which is still searchable and added instructions on how to read the information.
A WikiLEC entry has been added where you can download the entire parts catalogue in .pdf format.
I'll also post an entry in the Parts Cross Reference section of LEC.
Good find Wayne and great job on the pdf Roland.
--
Tony
adw (at) saska.co.uk
saska
Sadly departed but never forgotten

Return to Computer Help / IT Area