At home I am getting a message I am banned from this form?

Threads for help with computer maintenance, software and hardware advice, photos and photoshopping, and other topics related to keeping your computer healthy and online with us.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

At home I am getting a message I am banned from this form?

Postby wtbstuff » Mon 23.07.2012, 17:32

At home I am getting a message I am banned from this form? Why is that? This happened before and it just went away one day. Now its back. I have emailed the site admins. Does this happen to anyone else? thanks
wtbstuff

Re: At home I am getting a message I am banned from this for

Postby theelanman » Mon 23.07.2012, 21:51

yes me......
my IP address has been banned for some reason.....but its when I use my phone as a modem generally.......I always assume it will depend onto which network/server it clicks on to.....mine is intermittent adn just stops me posting....
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Steve A » Mon 23.07.2012, 22:27

Sometimes I get it at work, won't let me post, now and then :roll:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Specky » Tue 24.07.2012, 10:07

wtbstuff wrote:At home I am getting a message I am banned from this form? Why is that? This happened before and it just went away one day. Now its back. I have emailed the site admins. Does this happen to anyone else? thanks

It's all to do with your IP address...

Things that have come up in the past...

A roaming IP address... This is classically a mobile phone issue... There are only a limited number of addresses, so when your not using it.... someone else in the same area will be. It's them that are taking untoward activities. You can unblock the ban, but the chances are it will be blocked in a day or two because someone else has undertaken less than desirable activities. (You can have a roaming IP on a land line).

Your static IP may have been banned before you got it, these addresses change every now again and you're normally non the wiser.

If you have any further issues take a few screen shots and send them to the admins.

Do you know if you have a static or dynamic IP. Which country are you in?

Hope that helps

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby dapinky » Tue 24.07.2012, 13:02

I can view from work but not post, which is annoying. Especially as I would like to think that we have one of the most secure/trusted static IP addresses in the country :?
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Specky » Tue 24.07.2012, 14:12

By any chance would the reason you can't post be because you're not "logged in"

Even though you may have logged in seconds before....I could tell you how to work around this... but I'd have claim I have Aspergers to try and get away with being corrupt.

Any way....you shouldn't be on the LEC at work.... :wink:

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Return to Computer Help / IT Area