Forum Problem...what have I done?

Threads for help with computer maintenance, software and hardware advice, photos and photoshopping, and other topics related to keeping your computer healthy and online with us.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Forum Problem...what have I done?

Postby ShaunM » Fri 17.01.2014, 12:47

Hi,

In the Events UK section, the topics at the top are not in chronological order and are old (with respect to last post and when the topic was created).
The Top few are:

Lotus Festival Brands Hatch 23-25 August 2013
Yorkshire/Lancashire Meet and Greet
Silverstone Classics 26-28 July 2013
Castle Combe 25 May 2013
Hare at Roxwell SELOC events for 2013
Goodwood Soft Top Sunday May 5th 2013

Any ideas???
ShaunM
Fanatic

Re: Forum Problem...what have I done?

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Fri 17.01.2014, 14:12

You did nothing wrong. Notice the image just to the left of each topic. The top 7 have a different indicator with an exclaimation mark in the middle of a not round border while those below have horizontal lines within a round border. The top ones are locked (sticky'd) in their position as they were deemed to be important and needed to be always at the top.

Probably not so much now, so maybe a mod can unlock some of them now and lock a few of the newer ones to allow the more current topics to be at the top.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby ShaunM » Fri 17.01.2014, 18:24

Ah great. Thanks for letting me know. I'll email some moderators and ask if they can do some spring cleaning! :smt106
ShaunM
Fanatic

Postby Enright » Thu 23.01.2014, 20:55

There - hopefully that's a bit better: the past events have now been made "un-sticky", and the future ones have been made "sticky".
Give me a nudge if any slip into the past and don't get "un-stickied", or if any others need changing to "sticky".
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Return to Computer Help / IT Area