PHOTOBUCKET RIP-OFF

Threads for help with computer maintenance, software and hardware advice, photos and photoshopping, and other topics related to keeping your computer healthy and online with us.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: PHOTOBUCKET RIP-OFF

Postby Giniw » Thu 20.07.2017, 00:24

(For the record, I just tried to download Geoff's sample picture (http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff14 ... 240021.jpg) with wget (a command line download utility) and I confirm it can be downloaded directly by changing the referrer as expected)
Giniw
God

Postby LotusDriver2 » Sat 22.07.2017, 15:19

Excatly that's a lot of money. Don't do this just don't share and don't pay. Why you pay them to keep the photos? Is not better to keep photos in some other place?
LotusDriver2
Welcome to LEC - please introduce yourself

Postby Tuga2112 » Sun 29.04.2018, 00:01

i have been using tinyPicevery since imageshack decided to change their contract and not allow [img] tags to link to their pictures.
its 100% free
you need to register to make it work
but if you register, you get a few extra options and some management of your folders
im sure theres some extra bonuses for paying customers, but i never looked into those.
im not sure about privacy limitations with this host, but tbh i dont really care. they cant do anything that will harm me with the pictures i host there, most of them are just status report and asking for help pictures of my cars.

Ideally i would be using a host service that would allow me to FTP transfer my files usinf filezilla, since sometimes uploading 20-50 pictures in 1 go with batches of 5 is really tedious.
Still learning
Youtube Channel @Tuga2112 M100 repair videos
Tuga2112
God

Previous

Return to Computer Help / IT Area