BRG Elan SE "LE RAMBO" (SOLD)

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

BRG Elan SE "LE RAMBO" (SOLD)

Postby Gee21 » Mon 25.07.2016, 14:34

Car now sold. Thanks for all the interest.

I have for sale a 1990 H registration SE Turbo. It is a very recent purchase. I was intending to buy Mikes NMY car as I really love the colour then I heard that this car was for sale. It had been sitting for around 18 months with no MOT and the Elan saviour in me I felt I needed to get it back on the road so here it is. Personally this is the first BRG car I have seen in the flesh but have decided its not one of my favourite colours. I'm a red and yellow man. Owned 4 red ones so far. This is a perfect car to use as a rolling restoration. The details are:-

1990 in British Racing Green. 7 owners from new and has covered 81,000 miles. It has a full years MOT passed on Saturday. It has recently had a full service, N/S hub carrier, N/S top ball joint, N/S lower ball joint, recent front brakes and a few other bits and bobs to get it through the MOT.

The paint work on the car shines up well but its not perfect. There is what looks like very small bubbles on one of the pop up lights and a little bit on the top of the nearside wing again hard to spot but are there. There were a few stone chips on the rear bumper that I have touched up using the correct paint for the car. The hood looks to be the original one which has had two repairs in the usual placed on the exact same area on both sides but again perfectly presentable. The heater knob for the control to put to your feet/face/windscreen is broken. Its fixed on the windscreen. Its come away from the back. I have the part and tried to fix it by removing the stereo but its my understanding the only way to get to the back of the controls it to remove the full facia unless someone can tell me different? Needs the front rubber splitter fitted (included) and the drivers side A pillar seal doesn't look too good but again one is included in the sale. All in all a good looking car for the money with some tinkering required.

The car had some major work in 2008 at 64,000 miles at Paul Matty's where there was en eye watering bill of £7300 for a full respray, interior retrim and some various engine works. Receipt available. The car has part service history. I am told there is a huge history file to follow and will be included if and when I get it. The original service book is there and just been serviced this week. Not sure when the last cambelt was done so may want to factor that in.

Fitted with S2 galvanised wishbones. Alloy wheels in good condition with matching Pirelli tyres with 5-6mm of tread. Stainless steel exhaust.

£3950. If interested give me a call on 07411705732. I've got it advertised elsewhere at £4500 but happy to see it going to a forum member for a bit less.

Last edited by Gee21 on Wed 27.07.2016, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Gee21
Tinkerer

Re: BRG Elan SE for sale

Postby muley » Mon 25.07.2016, 17:56

Hmm. Do you have any under bonnet pics?

Please email to elanowner AT gmail DOT com

Thank you

Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man"
1995 Palacio S2 no 507
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC Red Honda Integra S
muley

Postby Gee21 » Mon 25.07.2016, 18:18

muley wrote:Hmm. Do you have any under bonnet pics?

Please email to elanowner AT gmail DOT com

Thank you

Jim

Email sent Jim
Gee21
Tinkerer

Postby Gee21 » Mon 25.07.2016, 18:21

Gee21
Tinkerer

Postby muley » Mon 25.07.2016, 22:12

Thank you for that.

Looking good.

Regards

Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man"
1995 Palacio S2 no 507
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC Red Honda Integra S
muley

Postby Rambo » Mon 25.07.2016, 23:11

I could drive it down to Silverstone for you this week Jim in exchange for a few glasses of red biddy :twisted:
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Return to SOLD Cars