1992 NMY Elan SE Turbo For Sale (SOLD)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Nige

1992 NMY Elan SE Turbo For Sale (SOLD)

Postby Faraday » Mon 17.04.2017, 15:33

1992 (J reg.) Lotus Elan M100 SE Turbo, 70,060 miles, recovered “barn find” which comes with the Lotus Certificate of Provenance.
This vehicle was first purchased on 01/09/1992 at Aberdeen and for reasons unbeknown to me, was subsequently left in a barn for about 12 years, when an offshore company acquired the land including said barn many years later, the offshore marine company then sold the vehicle at which point I acquired it in April 2012, (with 66,927 miles on the clock) hence, I am in effect the second owner. Having been in said barn for 12 years, it required substantial renovation, which although not cheap, I undertook to commence and therefore all of the “expensive” work has been carried out.
List of work conducted by a reputable local garage:
New rear wishbones. New front brake discs and pads. New front and rear brake callipers. Refaced rear discs. New pair of horns, front and rear number plates. New headlamp bulbs with chrome surrounds & adjusters in the pods. New rear and offside brake pipes. Welding to offside front chassis leg. Both front and rear upper arms replaced. All 4 anti-roll bar drop links replaced. New rear brake pads and both handbrake cables replaced. Full timing belt kit. Silicone water hose kit (red). Front & rear Flexi hose kit. 2 x new radiator fans and radiator plus carrier. New under trim to front valance. New cam angle sensor. New glass regulator assembly offside door. New water pump. New filler cap cable release. Obviously there were many more sundry parts that are not listed here.
Furthermore I have also purchased replacement seals for the hood and various other spares to complete the restoration as listed below, these being included in the asking price as I have not had the time or knowledge to fit them myself. (Please do not ask to purchase those separately as they are required for this vehicle)
L/H drop seal. Pair of track rod ends. Pegs to repair the electric door mirror function, 2 new speakers for rear of seats, butterflies for windows.
The original radio/cassette player is with the car however I have upgraded this to a Sony DAB digital radio/CD player which has remote control and a USB port. The hood shows the usual wear at the rear where it rubs against the framework. It also has fitted a Thatcham Category 1 approved Auto Watch alarm with 2 remote door locking fobs and a microwave sensor internally, there is only 1 set of keys for the vehicle. The vehicle has had a full respray by a local good quality body shop as there were various nicks in the paintwork when purchased. As alluded to, the hood needs attention to prevent water ingress in bad weather, the parts required being included. The vehicle has a half weather cover.
I have a file of most of the receipts and have a few original documents from when it was first purchased, it does still have the original owners’ manual with some service stamps within.
Any inspection or test drive is welcome.
I believe that with the prices of these cars ascending, that with all of the work done and the spares included, an asking price of £5,995 ono is not unreasonable for an aging classic with relatively low use and mileage.
Pictures on next post. :D
Last edited by Faraday on Wed 26.04.2017, 09:52, edited 4 times in total.
1 bed apt. (sleeps 4) at Lanzarote for rent Oct-Mar £200p/w and Apr-Sept £250p/w LEC members get 10% discount for a week and more for longer stays. E mail me for details and pictures.
Faraday
Tinkerer

Re: 1992 NMY Elan SE Turbo For Sale

Postby Faraday » Tue 18.04.2017, 10:25

Have now managed to re-size images thanks to help from across the pond :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 bed apt. (sleeps 4) at Lanzarote for rent Oct-Mar £200p/w and Apr-Sept £250p/w LEC members get 10% discount for a week and more for longer stays. E mail me for details and pictures.
Faraday
Tinkerer

Return to SOLD Cars