Lotus Aftersales Parts List - Newest Version

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

Re: Lotus Aftersales Parts List - Newest Version

Postby lotustonybassplayer » Thu 01.11.2018, 09:46

Tuga2112 wrote:just to clarify,
i can go to a lotus dealer (if such thing can be found) in the UK and order the parts in the list ? or is this list only for UK dealerships ?

Yes place a order at a lotus dealer. They will then check if the part is still available and will order it in for you at the price in the aftersales list. obviously if you cannot collect in person then there will postage to pay.
lotustonybassplayer
Fanatic

Postby Tuga2112 » Thu 01.11.2018, 10:08

thanks for clarifying,

i need to have a close look at this thread in future.
the closest "dealer" to me is a "service centre only" in solihull according to the lotus dealer locator.
would they sell parts ?
alternatively i need to go to burton :\
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Postby Bern » Thu 01.11.2018, 10:13

I didn't know you could get Lotus parts in Burton, I thought it was just suits and general men's clothing ;-)
'90 Elan SE
'05 Mazda MX5
'16 Renault Zoe
'03 VW Transporter
'72 Land Rover 88
'80ish Kubota B5100E
Bern
Fanatic

Postby tb10 » Thu 01.11.2018, 10:34

lotustonybassplayer wrote:
Tuga2112 wrote:just to clarify,
i can go to a lotus dealer (if such thing can be found) in the UK and order the parts in the list ? or is this list only for UK dealerships ?

Yes place a order at a lotus dealer. They will then check if the part is still available and will order it in for you at the price in the aftersales list. obviously if you cannot collect in person then there will postage to pay.

They will also add VAT to the price.......................Been there, done that and then got the VAT invoice when I collected the parts :|
tb10
Fanatic

Postby Tuga2112 » Thu 01.11.2018, 11:34

tb10 wrote:They will also add VAT to the price.......................Been there, done that and then got the VAT invoice when I collected the parts :|

good thing to note.
i was not aware these lists are intended for the tipical "round the corner garage" to get parts from.
it does make sence, most repairs will be done by businessess.
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 01.11.2018, 13:14

The lists are just to let people know that Lotus had lowered prices to clear excess inventory. Lotus have been very generous sending me the lists every time a new one comes out, and letting me post it when I get a chance. It is a huge spreadsheet and I have to format it and then cull out the parts with the (sp) designation in the description, then make a new spreadsheet, convert it to PDF and then host it, so some days I don't get around to it since it really hasn't changed much in recent months. New items added usually sell out quickly, so don't be surprised if the part you have been searching for is already gone.

Dealers are required to sell at the low prices, but there are several "stocking dealers" that will take advantage of the lower price and charge the older price for it. I do the full range of models so owners of other models can see what is being discounted for those cars too.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 01.11.2018, 13:42

You can ALWAYS check the current price of any Lotus part by looking up the part number and then going to DeRoure and searching there: http://www.deroure.com/

DeRoure uses the current prices from Lotus for their pricing. They also include ALL of the obsolete and NLS (No Longer Supplied) part numbers, so you can see if the part is available and what the current price is.

You WILL be charged VAT if you are in the UK or EU but WON'T if you are in another county like the USA. Postage to get it to you is usually fairly cheap as the UK has a great courier system.

I usually order multiple times and my dealer generously holds the parts in storage while I collect a decent size shipment before packing it up and then I send a courier to collect it to get it over here.

I have worked in auto parts since the mid 1970s, so I am comfortable with the process. It isn't difficult, but you have to check and verify if the part you want is still available and what the best price is that you can purchase it for. I sometimes just google the part number and come up with a dealer that is letting a part go for their original cost or less to get it off the shelf. I have a fairly large list of part numbers as well as GM Obsolescence sourced parts and the standard "replacement" parts everyone is using that I offer to any Lotus owner. REMEMBER, getting a big and heavy box shipped from the UK to the US is not cheap, so expect the price I might quote to include all other costs I incurred to get it to my shop.
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 01.11.2018, 13:48

Saltire wrote:I couldn’t source new front calipers from anywhere for my recent brake overhaul, or I’d have fitted them. (The rears were great, thanks John). All the usual sources, including Rock Auto, said sorry, no. I’ve ended up doing a major rebuild on the existing ones, which is not ideal, but way better than rear wheel braking only.

I suspect the only way forward in the future will be an upgrade kit (PNM, Wilwood, etc), which poses significant problems for those of us who want to keep the car as original as possible.

Rock Auto constantly sources parts from multiple sources. Sometimes, the offer liquidation prices on things like calipers and run out, but they then find a supplier that can still supply the part at a higher but fair price. The current listing for the Pontiac includes several with the casting number included, so if that matches the number on your car you are getting the real part, usually fairly less costly than even rebuilding it yourself.
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Saltire » Thu 01.11.2018, 20:43

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:
Saltire wrote:I couldn’t source new front calipers from anywhere for my recent brake overhaul, or I’d have fitted them. (The rears were great, thanks John). All the usual sources, including Rock Auto, said sorry, no. I’ve ended up doing a major rebuild on the existing ones, which is not ideal, but way better than rear wheel braking only.

I suspect the only way forward in the future will be an upgrade kit (PNM, Wilwood, etc), which poses significant problems for those of us who want to keep the car as original as possible.

Rock Auto constantly sources parts from multiple sources. Sometimes, the offer liquidation prices on things like calipers and run out, but they then find a supplier that can still supply the part at a higher but fair price. The current listing for the Pontiac includes several with the casting number included, so if that matches the number on your car you are getting the real part, usually fairly less costly than even rebuilding it yourself.

Sadly, John, it’s all done and back on the car now. Before I bought the overhaul kits, I did ask on here if anyone could confirm which of the then listed RA front calipers was an exact equivalent to the Lotus ones, and no-one could (not pointing fingers, just stating facts). I wasn’t sufficiently confident to buy from RA without being certain, especially given the cost of returning parts to the US. IF I could be sure that I was getting an exact equivalent, I’d definitely buy a pair now as insurance against a rainy day.
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2019 VW Golf R - “The Flying Tomato”
2020 Volvo XC40 T4 AWD
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 01.11.2018, 21:42

I remember someone quoting a casting number, but was too lazy to go back and find it. RA is showing the "generic" listings but there are a few with the casting number quoted.

If you can figure out what you want, I will be happy to get them for you and hold them until a cheap way to ship appears or you really need them.

Here is the original posting for the rear calipers: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26158&p=332432&hilit=caliper#p332390

Here is the original posting for the front calipers: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26131&start=20#p331901
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Saltire » Thu 01.11.2018, 22:04

Thanks for the kind offer, John, I’ll certainly take another look. AFAICS the Kelsey-Hayes 4013007 and 008 quoted in your post are still unavailable. Other calipers are shown as fitting the Pontiac LeMans 2.0 1989, but whether they’re compatible with my S2 (and for that matter the SE) I simply don’t know. I guess if we could find out, it would be a real benefit to those who might need front calipers in the future.

I’ll do some more research . . .
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2019 VW Golf R - “The Flying Tomato”
2020 Volvo XC40 T4 AWD
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 01.11.2018, 22:16

As I remember, Tony said they fit fine but the upper edge of the brake pad was above the rotor but when installed in pairs they fit OK. Read the entire thread to see. My memory isn't always accurate...

If that was the only issue - around 1/8th inch excess pad height, I would grind that little bit of pad off and call it a day. (Wearing severe breathing filters)

We also know that RA doesn't know the correct piston size since their 54mm caliper had 52mm pistons, so maybe the 48mm also have 52mm pistons.

I will look into the different front calipers I have from RA and see if I can confirm anything else fits.
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Fri 05.07.2019, 16:03

I have been busy and unable to generate the list for a while.

Here is the list in PDF format:
2019-07 Special Price List.pdf

Not a lot of M100 parts any more but I included the special price part numbers for all models.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby 2001f4s » Fri 04.10.2019, 21:46

Brit-car-nut, any chance of your having windows scrapers/seals for roll up windows? Thanks, Scott
2001f4s

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Fri 11.10.2019, 19:51

Sorry, not yet. I sent you an email with a link to PNM's version.
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Mon 06.01.2020, 17:59

I got the January Price Book from Lotus UK, so I created a current version of the "Special Price" part numbers list
This includes ALL part numbers for ALL models.

I am tired of having to upload the list to my web page, so here it is as a PDF file.
Lotus SP List-2020-01.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Previous

Return to Elan Parts for Sale (New Parts For Sale)