When Kia sold a Lotus - Goodwood Road and Racing

Electronic and hardcopy, manuals, articles, books etc.

Moderators: theelanman, GeoffSmith, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT

Re: When Kia sold a Lotus - Goodwood Road and Racing

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 29.12.2017, 16:27

The obligatory blue with orange wheels... and yes, the Seven has identical exhausts on the nearside.

Img_1687x1280.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - Sorry, currently unavailable.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby donsladek » Fri 29.12.2017, 16:34

Looks like Colorado to me...
Don Sladek
Calypso Red '91 #37594

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
donsladek
Fanatic

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 29.12.2017, 16:57

And we have a winner.
Calypso Red S2 #417

GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Fredjohn » Fri 29.12.2017, 17:11

Damn just beat me to it: LOG 35 Colorado Springs 2015.

But as I am here and not over there, I'll claim the prize..................... :cheers:
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 29.12.2017, 17:37

I've just gone out and bought ten Bud lites but the postage to Wisconson is prohibitively expensive…
Calypso Red S2 #417

GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Rambo » Fri 29.12.2017, 18:11

GeoffSmith wrote:I've just gone out and bought ten Bud lites but the postage to Wisconson is prohibitively expensive…

Drink the contents then send the empty cans :cheers:
Rambo
Swivel-hips

Postby dapinky » Fri 29.12.2017, 21:07

Do I get a bonus point for naming the owners of the M100's in the picture?
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby donsladek » Fri 29.12.2017, 21:46

GeoffSmith wrote:I've just gone out and bought ten Bud lites but the postage to Wisconson is prohibitively expensive…

How about sending some real beer instead - maybe an original British IPA?
Don Sladek
Calypso Red '91 #37594

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
donsladek
Fanatic

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 29.12.2017, 22:27

donsladek wrote:

Even recycled IPA is better than Bud lite. And has a better head. :-D
Calypso Red S2 #417

GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby donsladek » Fri 29.12.2017, 23:21

GeoffSmith wrote:
donsladek wrote:

Agreed! :cheers:
Don Sladek
Calypso Red '91 #37594

donsladek
Fanatic

Postby Rambo » Sat 30.12.2017, 14:05

GeoffSmith wrote:
donsladek wrote:

:offtopic: I know, but there's an obvious reason why it is often referred to as Bud Shite !!

Back on topic, how many of you also think the M100 isn't "that much fun to drive" ?? Not many of you, I'm sure :shock:
Rambo
Swivel-hips

Postby Jamie N » Sat 30.12.2017, 17:37

Back off topic..... Mark, seeing your latest "location" is the right side of the border, is that looking at it from the east or the west coast? :-D .
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler

Postby lotusflasherman » Sat 30.12.2017, 18:35

Rambo wrote: Back on topic, how many of you also think the M100 isn't "that much fun to drive" ?? Not many of you, I'm sure :shock:

Depends what 'fun' is supposed to be. Strange that Simister says 205GTI was 'laugh out loud fun' but M100 'not much fun'. Not my experience ...

In '96 my No 2 son had a 205XT that was written off, through no fault of his, and we found a 205GTI to replace it. I was running an Eclat Riviera and my first M100 SE. By comparison with 2 Lotus performance cars the 205GTI was just a 'hot hatchback' with a big engine, but things started to happen a lot earlier. I don't call that 'fun'. CofG is much higher so it rolls in corners and would do very badly in the 'moose test' - even the old Cooper S was better, but so uncomfortable on a long journey! No comparison to either Lotus.

20 years later and I'm using my 3rd SE, all year round, and still enjoying it ... because, apart from just driving it, ownership is fun and in no particular order...

Primary school kids in the village run to the edge of the road to wave and give me a thumbs up :smt023 :D

High school kids in the nearest town do the :smt023 and often take smartphone photos too... :D (Orange wheels are good they tell me.. :-D )

When parked and returning to my car, I waited for a group, mainly girls, to almost finish taking selfies involving my car before I pressed the Remote Alarm button - the look of surprise caught in the last one was a 'laugh out loud' photo ... :lol:

Parked in same town car park and a very attractive lady made a detour towards me, told me what a great car and what good taste I had (thought my luck was in) ... and then as I walked to the shops she drove past giving me a 'toot' from a Norfolk Mustard S2 . :lol:
(You meet such a nice class of people :lol: ). Young lady in Ipswich drives a silver M100 and we spent months flashing each other before we met at a Lotus meet - her dad has an Esprit & Evora ...

Postman has said when delivering to remote properties if he hears me coming he'll wait near the road to watch it come past... and still can't work out how it can corner so fast!

Numerous random people passing by have stopped to say 'great car', 'nice to see' etc... along with 'I used to have a Lotus **** , wish I still had it' etc.
One was an Army Helicopter pilot from Wattisham Base who said "Told my Dad he needs to get one like this, he's got what I call a Lego Elan - the early one which he takes to bits and puts back together but never gets to drive it"...

Been to Slough in mine a couple of times recently and had forgotten about "overtaking prestige" as LJK Setright called it - it's when a driver sees a car in the rear view mirror and moves out of the way, as if there's a blue flashing light on it!
Very pleasant to cruise round the M25 in heavy traffic and have cars moving out of my way ... but the Variable Speed Cameras are a problem when we are in the 'plus % zone' already..

I also run a Subaru Forester 2.5 XTN, my 3rd too, got 250 bhp and probably quicker than M100 cross country with traction control, all wheel drive, abs and a higher driving position to see there is nothing in a dip when I'd have to wait before overtaking in the M100 - and it's bloody fantastic in snow but not so much 'fun' to drive ... and nobody ever chats to me about it or gives me :smt023 when in that.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Kathryn » Fri 12.01.2018, 00:10

GeoffSmith wrote:Here's one just for Kathryn...

Img_1798x1280.jpg

Thankyou Geoff, you are too kind! Are you fully restoring it for me? :twisted:

On a serious note and :offtopic: too, Phil is right^. Kids love the car and people often turn to look or I catch them having a nose! (although I can't say I've noticed mine attracting women like Phil's seems to! Or handsome men for that matter!)
If I had a pound for every time I've heard "you don't see many of those" I'd be halfway to owning my Evora now. :D
Palacio S2 #540
Kathryn
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Literature