Haynes Manual

Electronic and hardcopy, manuals, articles, books etc.

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

Haynes Manual

Postby sheriff464 » Fri 02.09.2016, 21:15

Hello LEC'ers; Wondered if Haynes ever published a manual for the Elan M100? Answers on a postcard please! From Sheriff 464.
sheriff464

Re: Haynes Manual

Postby Artaban » Fri 02.09.2016, 22:08

I've never heard of one and I'm not far from the Haynes Motor Museum and I never saw one there (I did look). However with access on LEC to every manual you may need and the Restoration Series on youtube I think you'll find these are a far better resource than any Haynes Manual. Occasionally the Workshop Manual comes up on eBay and I think its worth purchasing as its easier to refer to than a laptop when you are grovelling under the car. Thats just me....I'm a bit old school.
Andy
My wife's just divorced me because I wouldn't open the car door for her!
To be fair I panicked and swam straight for the surface.
Artaban
Fanatic

Postby sheriff464 » Sat 03.09.2016, 11:21

Thankyou for that information Andy.(Artaban).
sheriff464

Postby lotusflasherman » Sat 03.09.2016, 11:44

Haynes have never bothered with Lotus road cars. Production volumes and sales opportunities too low to justify the cost of researching and producing them. Same applies to TVR and similar low volume makes.

Online catalog here https://haynes.co.uk/catalog/car-manuals/car-repair-manuals

They've done some interesting 'Workshop Manuals' for F1 cars with 4 Lotus types. https://haynes.co.uk/catalog/general-interest-manuals/motorsport

One of my sons gave me the Lotus 72 Workshop Manual for Father's Day. Maybe I'll get the car next year ... :lol:
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Jon » Sat 03.09.2016, 13:49

lotusflasherman wrote:Haynes have never bothered with Lotus road cars. Production volumes and sales opportunities too low to justify the cost of researching and producing them. Same applies to TVR and similar low volume makes.

And yet they produced one for the Imperial Death Star....so far as I'm aware, a production volume of 1 (and not even real at that.... :twisted: ) :lol:
Jon
Enthusiast

Postby lotusflasherman » Sat 03.09.2016, 17:03

Jon wrote:
lotusflasherman wrote:Haynes have never bothered with Lotus road cars. Production volumes and sales opportunities too low to justify the cost of researching and producing them. Same applies to TVR and similar low volume makes.

And yet they produced one for the Imperial Death Star....so far as I'm aware, a production volume of 1 (and not even real at that.... :twisted: ) :lol:

That was a 'sales opportunities' production - Stars Wars Conventions are held in venues so 20,000 people per day can attend and they pay a lot of money to do so, some even fly half way round the planet.. :banghead:

Can just imagine a Haynes' Business Proposition meeting - " hundreds of thousands of Star Wars fans have more money than sense. How can we get some of it? Let's produce manual's for the Imperial Death Star and Millenium Falcon, they'll bound to buy them. Agreed." :lol:
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Return to Literature