Magazines and articles from the 90's about the M100

Electronic and hardcopy, manuals, articles, books etc.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Magazines and articles from the 90's about the M100

Postby chris.t » Thu 12.09.2019, 11:20

An ex. M100 owner popped into our Club Lotus local monthly meet and presented me with 3 box files full of mags and articles on the M100 from the 90's. A fitting place for these mags etc would be with the forums archives(if they have them) for future reference. I have photographed them so you can see if they would be of use, they are all in good condition. I can't keep them so was hoping to pass them on to a forum custodian.

Photos of magazines
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Re: Magazines and articles from the 90's about the M100

Postby Rambo » Thu 12.09.2019, 12:02

Chris - once upon a time SyV used to be the custodian of such articles and ephemera. I gave him a lot of my stuff so he could scan them into an archive. Who holds that now, if anybody, is anyone's guess. I would look after it but am at the other end of the country and Dico's courier service is also long gone :cry:

It would probably be appropriate if one of the LEC worthies kept them for future use ?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby chris.t » Thu 12.09.2019, 23:10

Unfortunately I haven't got a flat bed scanner otherwise I would scan the relevant pages. It would be nice to add to Sy's records rather than duplicating them if they already exist.
chris.t
God

Postby Rambo » Fri 13.09.2019, 08:08

I'm thinking that Sy's arcives might have also gone too :( I believe that Dan eventually sold Stripey a year or two down the line and they probably went to the new owner ?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Fri 13.09.2019, 10:02

I have no idea about the wherabouts of anything that Sy held (or where they may now be).

I do have a scanner, and the time to turn the articles into .pdf documents for hosting - but I'm a long way away from you, Chris.

If there is no rush, then I am happy to get them done whenever I can get them here - but if someone closer can get them and do the job, that works for me.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby chris.t » Fri 13.09.2019, 10:58

I will be going down to Devon (east of Exeter) at the end of the month if that helps. Also Muley may be able to help out as I see him regularly.

I'm glad this has got the old cogs going, with electronic storage available it would be good to save all these articles for prosperity and to include in the wiki or the like. There's also modern stuff, I know that several members have had articles written about their car, they should also be included.
chris.t
God

Postby dapinky » Fri 13.09.2019, 12:08

I like the whole idea of an 'electronic archive' of things like this. If this is just the start of such a collection, it may kick-start others who have similar to get them scanned in and added......

..... your trip to Exeter doesn't help me much, as I'm now in West Wales....... but Geoff may be around then (or Clemo).....

... Geoff has the knowledge to do these things, and Clemo hasn't (but may be able to assist in storage/getting it to me in future time/whatever)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby MPx » Fri 13.09.2019, 22:53

We're 45mins east of Exeter, in Somerset and very close to Devon. I'm sure close enough to be able to work out a minimal effort handover. But to what purpose?? Happy to act as a relay station...and happy to drive them an hour or so onwards, but currently no plans to go as far as Pembrokeshire, lovely tho it is and no plans to go into the archival scanning business. But if the logistics help...count me in.
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
MPx
Fanatic

Postby wayne » Fri 13.09.2019, 22:58

Great score Chris. It would be nice if someone local could pick up the mags and scan the pages. I have managed to buy a few of them and listed them here a few years ago. Would love to add the rest of the material to the web page if someone wants to scan it and send it to me. But would be best stored on the LEC website.

I'm not the best candidate to do it. It would be best for someone in the UK to do and then make it available on the LEC. If no one steps up, then I will happily scan the relevant pages and make them available to everyone, just not sure of when I'm next in the UK to pick them up. would pay to have them shipped to me (at a UK address), if it's an option and I will scan them and give the PDF files to the LEC, but hopefully there will be a better option available.

Please don't ditch them.

Also happy to pay for the shipping to someone else in the UK that would be willing to scan them and make them freely available.
1992 Pacific Blue, Top end performance Kit. K&N airfilter& HKS BOV. Everest. HiSpec fronts, SS hoses. 2010 Canyon red Evora.
http://www.elanm100.com
wayne
God

Postby Saltire » Sat 14.09.2019, 07:11

MPx wrote:We're 45mins east of Exeter, in Somerset and very close to Devon. I'm sure close enough to be able to work out a minimal effort handover. But to what purpose?? Happy to act as a relay station...and happy to drive them an hour or so onwards, but currently no plans to go as far as Pembrokeshire, lovely tho it is and no plans to go into the archival scanning business. But if the logistics help...count me in.

Shame! I was in West Sussex last Thursday with the X1 and would have been happy to retrieve. No current plans to return, though I do quite often get as far as Surrey/Hants. Let me know if I can act as a link in the chain. You could always pick them up at Castle Combe 2020, Dave :twisted:
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2017 BMW F48 X1 2.0D AWD (goes December)
2019 Volvo XC40 (arrives December)
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby Rambo » Sat 14.09.2019, 08:39

Yeah, only about 258 days away now. Better start the curry list :lol:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Sat 14.09.2019, 09:25

Chris,

is the 'package' sufficiently small/light/easy to put into a single box for a courier/postie??

If so, and you are able to do so, then I will just pay for them to come here and sort it out. Asking you to hang onto them until Castle Combe seems a long way away, but if there is another 'LEC Logistics' way, that fits in with your timescales/schedule, then happy days.
Dave

dapinky
LEC Administrator

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 14.09.2019, 10:00

Nice one Chris.

I have got a copy of Sy's articles somewhere and was waiting for him to find the password to remove the "Copyright - Not for resale" watermarks.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £55 incl. P&P.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Rambo » Sat 14.09.2019, 18:03

Have you tried "verbage" or "utter bollocks" ? :lol:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Sat 14.09.2019, 18:04

Rambo wrote:Have you tried verbage or utter bollocks :lol:

No.... but I have now tried Adobe Acrobat Pro with outstanding results on the one which has been sent to me ;-)
Dave

dapinky
LEC Administrator

Postby chris.t » Mon 16.09.2019, 21:05

The magazines are in 3 box files. I could tape them together, wrap in some brown paper and get them off to you Dave. I haven't contacted muley yet, he's on hols, but he might be able to help with scanning. Regrettably, scanning will almost certainly mean that the magazines will need cutting up to extract the articles.

The chap who gave me the mags said that he wanted them to go to a good home and I can't think of a better place than LEC. I've told him that I will contact him once I have some news.
chris.t
God

Postby muley » Mon 16.09.2019, 22:52

chris.t wrote:The magazines are in 3 box files. I could tape them together, wrap in some brown paper and get them off to you Dave. I haven't contacted muley yet, he's on hols, but he might be able to help with scanning. Regrettably, scanning will almost certainly mean that the magazines will need cutting up to extract the articles.

The chap who gave me the mags said that he wanted them to go to a good home and I can't think of a better place than LEC. I've told him that I will contact him once I have some news.

I'm back. I have a scanner.

Happy to help

Rgds

Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man"
1995 Palacio S2 no 507
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC Red Honda Integra S
muley

Postby chris.t » Mon 16.09.2019, 23:32

Is it a flat bed Jim?
chris.t
God

Postby muley » Tue 17.09.2019, 07:38

Yes.
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man"
1995 Palacio S2 no 507
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC Red Honda Integra S
muley

Postby chris.t » Tue 17.09.2019, 17:11

Jim that's perfect. Would it be ok to hand over the mags at the next H&C meet?
chris.t
God

Next

Return to Literature