Elan M100 Breaking for parts

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, Nige, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, Sy V, Specky, clemo, Dave Eds

Re: Elan M100 Breaking for parts

Postby Giniw » Thu 01.03.2018, 13:33

Might be interested in buying the right front lower wishbone, too (depending on its condition of course!)
Giniw
God

Postby TrevorB » Thu 01.03.2018, 15:04

TrevorB wrote:Has anyone heard anything more from Chris (CyrixV8) ?

I have exchanged pm's with him and chased up requests but nothing heard. I know pm's have been read as they are no longer
in Outbox.

TrevorB

:cheers:

If anyone is in contact with Cyrixv8 (Chris) I would appreciate it if you could ask him to respond to my pm's.
A price was agreed for his 'tool box' back on the 2nd Feb and I have not heard from him since. I think that he may
have been lured by the exorbitant price that could be gained on auction sites despite the fact that we had agreed a
deal.
Those of you that read the posts on here will be aware of my plight to get a 'tool box' which was featured in post
entitled 'Rocking Horse Doo Dah'. (This post appears though to be deleted as part of a weeding process by the
moderators?).
Anyway, another pm sent to Cyrixv8 on the 26th Feb is still sitting in my outbox.
If Chris has renegaded on the deal at least have the decency to tell me.

Good luck to those who have requested parts and not received them yet.

TrevorB :evil:

Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Postby Kipperozzy » Thu 01.03.2018, 15:26

Hello Cyrixv8 , im looking for the Hazard warning light switch if available, thanks
Kipperozzy
Tinkerer

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Thu 01.03.2018, 23:06

The original poster hasn't visited this site since 17 February, according to his profile.
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic

Postby Toys2 » Fri 02.03.2018, 14:06

TrevorB wrote:
TrevorB wrote:Has anyone heard anything more from Chris (CyrixV8) ?

I have exchanged pm's with him and chased up requests but nothing heard. I know pm's have been read as they are no longer
in Outbox.

TrevorB

If anyone is in contact with Cyrixv8 (Chris) I would appreciate it if you could ask him to respond to my pm's.
A price was agreed for his 'tool box' back on the 2nd Feb and I have not heard from him since. I think that he may
have been lured by the exorbitant price that could be gained on auction sites despite the fact that we had agreed a
deal.
Those of you that read the posts on here will be aware of my plight to get a 'tool box' which was featured in post
entitled 'Rocking Horse Doo Dah'. (This post appears though to be deleted as part of a weeding process by the
moderators?).
Anyway, another pm sent to Cyrixv8 on the 26th Feb is still sitting in my outbox.
If Chris has renegaded on the deal at least have the decency to tell me.

Good luck to those who have requested parts and not received them yet.

TrevorB :evil:

I wonder if this is "your" toolkit, similar location and timescale
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-M ... SwSwVadLYj
Toys2

Postby clemo » Fri 02.03.2018, 14:15

Hi TrevorB

Just to let you know that us MOD lot don't weed out posts. Even if something close to the wire is posted we tend to let adults work out rather than remove. I have only stepped in a few times to remove and that was after a huge online dirty laundry mud slinging rant that went on for a few days. When this happens we PM the involved parties.

So unfortunately i can't throw any light on your missing post. Sorry.
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby TrevorB » Fri 02.03.2018, 14:44

Toys2 wrote:

I wonder if this is "your" toolkit, similar location and timescale
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-M ... SwSwVadLYj

Definitely, as he sent same photo's in pm to me. Oh well, theory solved, thanks.

Trevor

Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Postby Stryker » Thu 12.07.2018, 22:18

Hi I am
Looking for wheel
Centres for 15” oz wheels you don’t by any chance have any ?
Stryker

Postby simonbuk » Thu 19.07.2018, 14:18

Was the engine any good ?
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 19.07.2018, 14:39

Too bad you are not in the US. I have a BRAND NEW engine that I "inherited" a couple of years ago. I also have one of the engines out of one of the "mules" Lotus US was driving around the country collecting data like temperature in different climates and fuel flow during drives. Some of the sensors are still on that engine as well as the fuel pressure gauge connector on the fuel pressure regulator.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby simonbuk » Fri 20.07.2018, 13:57

Yes, that is a shame !! That has to be fairly unique - a brand new engine !!
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Fri 20.07.2018, 15:54

It was the display engine from the car stand during the 1990 Detroit Car Show. They had a couple of complete M100s and a rolling chassis with the full suspension, the engine, gearbox, shifter and cables on display to explain the front wheel drive setup. I even got a set of original "twist to adjust" shift cables (pre S2)

I also have a"new" NA gearbox that was used by Lotus USA for their training schools. It looks to be un-opened, but if they did open it up, you can't tell.

Would be good for a Turbo car on a short track or similar. Probably OK for an autocross car too.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Previous

Return to Elan Parts for Sale (Used Parts For Sale)