Retaining Clips for Jamie N's Honda Based Door Seals

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Retaining Clips for Jamie N's Honda Based Door Seals

Postby Elanlover » Fri 12.07.2019, 20:19

As many of you may know, Jamie N has sourced out some excellent door to window seals to replace the (most likely) deteriorating stock seals you may still have on your cars. Installing them requires a little messing around with the retaining clips that come with them in order to attach to your Elan. My ever so tiny contribution to this upgrade is below.

WP_20190712_15_04_57_Pro (002).jpg

I had an original piece scanned and some CAD work done to add some length to the bottom along with an oval hole to allow for more flexible positioning. You can message me and I'll send you the .stp file so you can send it to any online or local 3D print shop to make as many as you like. Might save some time and angst trying to create your own clip with spare pieces of plastic, etc. Not sure if it will work on Jamie's newest version but someone can always try! :poke:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do whatever my Rice Crispies tell me to do
Elanlover

Re: Retaining Clips for Jamie N's Honda Based Door Seals

Postby Jamie N » Sat 13.07.2019, 09:34

Thats fantastic!, great job. Not certain if thats the HRV clip or the EM coupe one, (although it looks to be the EM), but be aware the clips are different,
one is slightly higher than the other, if its the EM clip it will also fit the EP weatherstrips so all good if that is the case.

I dont know if it would make it easier to create them but those upwards pointing 'arms' on either side are not actually needed, they are for keeping
the weatherstrip in place on the Civic door as they spring under a small lip, whereas we are keeping them held in place with a screw hence the need to slightly
elongate them.

Great to see someone else getting involved though, but to be honest i doubt there will be many who will be motivated to do them, probably just a tad
too finicky for most folks. :cheers:
Jamie N
Seal God

Postby HJ2 » Sat 13.07.2019, 12:19

:clap:
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
Wodan - God of the Low Lands

Postby NewLogik » Sat 13.07.2019, 22:22

:D :banana: :clap:
NewLogik
Enthusiast

Postby Elanlover » Sun 14.07.2019, 15:24

Jamie N wrote: I dont know if it would make it easier to create them but those upwards pointing 'arms' on either side are not actually needed, they are for keeping
the weatherstrip in place on the Civic door as they spring under a small lip, whereas we are keeping them held in place with a screw hence the need to slightly
elongate them.

What I found was that those little arms help to keep the clip in place and aligned properly on top of the door. They seem to slide under the lip of the door and add a little stability. If someone doesn't find they suit their needs they can be easily cut off (I sacrificed one clip to try it without the arms).
I do whatever my Rice Crispies tell me to do
Elanlover

Postby chrisP » Fri 05.11.2021, 14:21

Does anyone have a copy of the file? I PM'd Elanlover but no reply
Many Thanks
Chris
chrisP
Fanatic

Return to Elan Products for Sale (New Products for Sale)