Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby paza1 » Tue 11.04.2017, 11:36

Hi All,
I am looking to replace the bottom hose and pictured metal pipe that is clipped to the radiator mounting. Does anyone know the part number and if it is available please? The manual shows 2 options,
1. a one piece rubber hose that replaces the metal pipe and bottom hose
2. bottom hose and a short, straight joiner metal pipe.
Neither of these options are what I have got at the moment.
Cheers,
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver 1992 SE Turbo.
paza1
Fanatic
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu 09.06.2005, 22:46
Location: Chester

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 11.04.2017, 13:45

The Federal/SIR car has an aluminum pipe that I think is what you are referring to B100K0073F isn't shown in the illustration, but it is listed at the bottom as "HOSE JOINER, LONG". It is still a good part number and they are available from Lotus for £24.17 + VAT. The car I just added to my collection has the pipe almost completely pinched closed and I doubt I will be able to open it up, so I ordered one last week and it is sitting at the dealer waiting for shipment to me. I just checked and Lotus has at least 11 still available. See item # 042 in the illustration. Item # 018 is a hose clamp dia. 32-50

SIR-Pipe.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby paza1 » Tue 11.04.2017, 18:38

Hi Brit car,
That does look correct. I will see about cost and availability over here. Thanks very much for the info. My v6 manual does not show the pipe I need but that part number is listed as connector pipe, bottom hose.
Thanks again
Mark
Silver 1992 SE Turbo.
paza1
Fanatic
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu 09.06.2005, 22:46
Location: Chester

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 11.04.2017, 19:11

paza1 wrote:Hi Brit car,
That does look correct. I will see about cost and availability over here. Thanks very much for the info. My v6 manual does not show the pipe I need but that part number is listed as connector pipe, bottom hose.
Thanks again
Mark

The info I provided is the retail price from Lotus UK. Any UK dealer can get it and should not be higher than that. Lotus US doesn't offer any more parts or support for the M100.

I have a couple of them waiting for me in my current order at Stratton Motors in Norfolk.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby paza1 » Tue 11.04.2017, 20:47

:smt023
Silver 1992 SE Turbo.
paza1
Fanatic
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu 09.06.2005, 22:46
Location: Chester

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby BICKERS82 » Tue 02.05.2017, 07:53

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:The Federal/SIR car has an aluminum pipe that I think is what you are referring to B100K0073F isn't shown in the illustration, but it is listed at the bottom as "HOSE JOINER, LONG". It is still a good part number and they are available from Lotus for £24.17 + VAT. The car I just added to my collection has the pipe almost completely pinched closed and I doubt I will be able to open it up, so I ordered one last week and it is sitting at the dealer waiting for shipment to me. I just checked and Lotus has at least 11 still available. See item # 042 in the illustration. Item # 018 is a hose clamp dia. 32-50

SIR-Pipe.jpg

Hi
Please can anyone tell me the part number for the clip that secures the hose connector long #42 to the bottom radiator frame ? Thanks
BICKERS82
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun 29.07.2012, 22:01

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 02.05.2017, 14:19

I will see what I can figure out.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 02.05.2017, 16:29

I couldn't find a part number, but what we call them over here is an insulated "P" Clip.

P-Clip.jpg


The pipe is 5/8 inch OD or 16mm

They are used A LOT to hold A/C pipes in cars, so maybe a visit to an A/C installer would get you one?

Try this link to Amazon UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingmap-Ru ... +Clip+16mm

In the US, use this link:
https://www.amazon.com/Lokman-Stainless ... ted+p+clip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby GeoffSmith » Tue 02.05.2017, 16:36

Search for cushioned P clip.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £55 incl. P&P.
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 14777
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 02.05.2017, 16:51

Try: Lotus Part # A910E6490F Description: 'P' Clip, hose to chassis
Notes: Airbag models

Table Number: 46_01a
Position: 027

I am waiting for a new one to arrive, but here is my pipe temp restrained for now.
I added an additional spacer washer, nut & washer between the prongeron and the clip. It will eventually get a nylon lock nut when I finish.

IMG_0058b.jpg


I just got this car and it is from the "North", so a bit rusty. I will address this once I decide if it can be repaired or will become parts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby BICKERS82 » Tue 02.05.2017, 18:54

Elan Pipe.jpg
Brit-Car-Nut wrote:Try: Lotus Part # A910E6490F Description: 'P' Clip, hose to chassis
Notes: Airbag models

Table Number: 46_01a
Position: 027

I am waiting for a new one to arrive, but here is my pipe temp restrained for now.
I added an additional spacer washer, nut & washer between the prongeron and the clip. It will eventually get a nylon lock nut when I finish.

IMG_0058b.jpg


I just got this car and it is from the "North", so a bit rusty. I will address this once I decide if it can be repaired or will become parts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BICKERS82
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun 29.07.2012, 22:01

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 02.05.2017, 19:51

I don't see that on my FED car.

Here is a list of parts, not identified in the picture:
hose-stuff.jpg

Most are obsolete, but maybe you can find one at a dealer?
A100W6455F is a Swivel Clip used around the heater hoses.
A100W6495F is obsolete since 2008 and no pictures are available.

I probably have enough UK parts to assemble that section of the car and see if I can use the insulated 'P' Clip, but it will take a while for me to dig everything out of shipping boxes.

I will have to assemble the frame extension, radiator support and "Y" supports and mount a radiator.

I will see what I can figure out. Ironically, most of those parts just arrived in today's delivery from Notts. I think I have all of those in the shipment.

I don't know if I will have to mount some fans too. Those I may not have, unless the plastic FED fans will work..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 03.05.2017, 13:53

OK, I figured out what you are looking for.

The frame sections I just got had one still installed. From what I searched, it is not in any illustrations and probably is the A100W6495F, now, long obsolete.

What is wrong with your clip? I have a few ideas for a similar replacement, but if yours is intact but lost the mounting pin, that would be easier.

Let me know the actual problem and I will try to point you in a direction.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby lotusflasherman » Wed 03.05.2017, 14:38

Plenty on ebay .. not surprised Lotus don't bother stocking them when so available elsewhere ...P-Clip-Pipe-Clips-Hose-Clips-Stainless-Steel-For-Hoses-5mm-to-44mm
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
User avatar
lotusflasherman
God
 
Posts: 2329
Joined: Fri 05.09.2008, 00:14
Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 03.05.2017, 19:49

Actually, the UK car does it differently. I will put up some pictures later this afternoon.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 04.05.2017, 00:46

Here are some blurry pictures. Sorry.
Clip-2b.jpg

Clip-10b.jpg


If you still have the basic clip but broke off the mounting stud, you could trim the stud flush and insert a riv-nut into the frame hole and just use a small machine screw through the hole in the middle of the clip.

If the clip has broken beyond use, you could try a "1/2 inch (13mm) Conduit Clamp" like this:

conduit clamp.jpg


You could use a sheet metal screw or a "riv-nut" to attach it.
Use a strip of rubber around the pipe to protect it.

I used my crushed pipe for this picture:

Clip-9b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby BICKERS82 » Thu 04.05.2017, 18:31

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:Here are some blurry pictures. Sorry.
Clip-2b.jpg

Clip-10b.jpg


If you still have the basic clip but broke off the mounting stud, you could trim the stud flush and insert a riv-nut into the frame hole and just use a small machine screw through the hole in the middle of the clip.

If the clip has broken beyond use, you could try a "1/2 inch (13mm) Conduit Clamp" like this:

conduit clamp.jpg


You could use a sheet metal screw or a "riv-nut" to attach it.
Use a strip of rubber around the pipe to protect it.

I used my crushed pipe for this picture:

Clip-9b.jpg

Thats the one , Mine is completely missing and the aluminum pipe was cable tied to the anti roll bar , This would hardly be noticeable on a turbo but mine is a N/A so there is nothing to hide the mess when the bonnet is open hence the desire to fit the correct clip when changing the hose and pipe . At least now i have a picture to demonstrate the clip in my quest to obtain one . Someone somewhere will have one !!!! Thank`s for your help , i was beginning to think i had made it up and it did not really exist . Previously you mentioned the swivel clip fitted to some M100`s part number A100W6455F , This part is still available from Lotus costing about £2.11 each . Thanks Again
BICKERS82
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun 29.07.2012, 22:01

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 04.05.2017, 19:07

Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £55 incl. P&P.
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 14777
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 04.05.2017, 19:48

Good find, Geoff. The offset is less so a spacer might be needed. Now, if only they actually had some (the website says none available).

Any interest in a 3D printed one?
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Lotus Manuals
Brit-Car-Nut
God
 
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue 03.07.2007, 17:07
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Re: Metal Coolant Pipe below Rad.

Postby BICKERS82 » Thu 04.05.2017, 20:27

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:Good find, Geoff. The offset is less so a spacer might be needed. Now, if only they actually had some (the website says none available).

Any interest in a 3D printed one?

Or anyone got one to sell me ?
BICKERS82
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun 29.07.2012, 22:01

Next

Return to Heating and Cooling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest