LOTUS ELAN M100 [ CASTLE COMBE ] 2018 JOB DONE.

† Bristol Outlying Lands LEC Knowledge & Support

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby JusNoGood » Sat 14.04.2018, 16:00

alan e wrote:
JusNoGood wrote:Ah right!

I’ll wear my Cameron Diaz car washing outfit if the weathers nice. The hairy beer belly will love getting some fresh air. L :-D

That's it please take my name off the list at my age i don't need that :D

:lol:
JusNoGood
Enthusiast

Postby Rambo » Sun 15.04.2018, 17:59

Detailing ?? Is that an Americanism for cleaning ? :smt017
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby clemo » Sun 15.04.2018, 18:10

Paintwork is what we call it Detailing is what the garage calls it = add £xxx
Jim Clark S2 on the way . The one with the Yellow spoke wheels .
clemo

Postby lotusflasherman » Sun 15.04.2018, 20:17

Rambo wrote:Detailing ?? Is that an Americanism for cleaning ? :smt017

Yeah - it's cleaning for those with OCD .. :lol:

we used to call it 'Valeting' .. firm near me offers mobile Valeting service ... www.reflectedimage.co.uk/valeting
prices start around £50 inside / £50 outside for Valeting

They also offer 'Detailing' ... interior starts at £120, exterior £150 or £250 or £300 ... or whatever the mugs will pay.

My local hand car wash that I use only charge £4 for a hand wash outside and £4 to vacuum clean the inside of the Elan but I always give them 'a tenner' - that'll do me, it will be dirty again by the time I get to Slough tomorrow anyway.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Elan+"S.... and now a Collapso SE
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 16.04.2018, 22:08

1 Clemo . S2 613 Jim Clark ( camping) ( camping / shez pinky? ) set up friday , SAT & SUN .
2. saltire. S2 512 sleeping in my nice warm bed 5 miles away, but up for any evening entertainment this year
3. Pinky . not a limited edition - but it is unique! (camping/campervan or similar - who knows!)
4. Rambo - posh camping + Friday beer Fest/Sat curry
5. rip - camping
6.Tuga - Camping days to be confirmed
.. BOLLECKS I've got the gazebo
7. Nicowalker1 +2 (Caravaning without the Elan)
8. Steve A & my good lady who has already given the thumbs down to camping but we found a nice B&B last time
9. Kathryn - S2 540 (not camping)
10. Jim - posh camping (Malmesbury?) + Friday beer Fest/Sat curry
11. Alan E
12. Mike - MPx just for the day
13. Basher -Like the sound of it, maybe Friday pm and Sat but will be in hotel.
14. Chris P, not sure about options - will most probably panic purchase something closer to the time
15. Fredjohn - how do I bring the campervan and M100, as Grace would prefer to be a passenger in M100 rather than drive the camper??
16. Phil (lotusflasherman) - posh camping @ Malmesbury Friday beer Fest/Sat curry/Sunday race meeting?
17. Roy666.. sounds great...c u there for Sat.
18. JusNoGood - Probably be staying with family locally.
19. BigErch- put me down for everything
20. DavidEJM - (close enough to home but might camp satPM - for the laughs) I missed last year so hoping this year will be dry and sunny
21. Simon Carrier (SPC designs) coming down for a catch up and a Beer (No elan)
22. Dave & Ann Excell. on the way back from Italy in the elan, so will try to be there
:(
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - Sorry, currently unavailable.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby clemo » Wed 02.05.2018, 18:41

Alrighty guys.

Not long now .

If you are part of any other lotus car clubs can you mention that we have a roped off M100 section and anyone part of it will be in the lead M100 track procession. Hope we get a good show of Elan M100's.

Lets make a big noise if we can.

Look forward to seeing you all very soon.

Cheers
Clemo
clemo

Postby RonR » Wed 02.05.2018, 18:54

1. Clemo . S2 613 Jim Clark ( camping) ( camping / shez pinky? ) set up friday , SAT & SUN .
2. saltire. S2 512 sleeping in my nice warm bed 5 miles away, but up for any evening entertainment this year
3. Pinky . not a limited edition - but it is unique! (camping/campervan or similar - who knows!)
5. rip - camping
8. Steve A & my good lady who has already given the thumbs down to camping but we found a nice B&B last time
11. Alan E
14. Chris P, not sure about options - will most probably panic purchase something closer to the time
15. Fredjohn - how do I bring the campervan and M100, as Grace would prefer to be a passenger in M100 rather than drive the camper??
16. Phil (lotusflasherman) - posh camping @ Malmesbury Friday beer Fest/Sat curry/Sunday race meeting?
20. DavidEJM - (close enough to home but might camp satPM - for the laughs) I missed last year so hoping this year will be dry and sunny
22. Dave & Ann Excell. on the way back from Italy in the elan, so will try to be there
23. RonR - Saturday only as friends have decided to have their nuptials on the Sunday
RonR
Tinkerer

Postby timmo » Thu 03.05.2018, 22:38

1. Clemo . S2 613 Jim Clark ( camping) ( camping / shez pinky? ) set up friday , SAT & SUN .
5. rip - camping
11. Alan E
23. RonR - Saturday only as friends have decided to have their nuptials on the Sunday
24. timmoj - Saturday only and leaving in time to get home for the Champions League Final.
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
timmo
God

Postby Pdfuller » Sun 13.05.2018, 23:04

5. rip - camping
11. Alan E
24. timmoj - Saturday only and leaving in time to get home for the Champions League Final.
25. Pd Fuller hoping to be there late Saturday morning but only for a few hours due to prior engagement late afternoon.
Pdfuller

Postby Tuga2112 » Thu 17.05.2018, 14:47

Pdfuller wrote:1. Clemo . S2 613 Jim Clark ( camping) ( camping / shez pinky? ) set up friday , SAT & SUN .
5. rip - camping
6.Tuga - Camping days to be confirmed UNLIKELY TO ATTEND
11. Alan E
25. Pd Fuller hoping to be there late Saturday morning but only for a few hours due to prior engagement late afternoon.

just an update.
my head gasket replacement didnt go as well as planned, and im not on a position where im not sure how to proceed to get the car on the road. so just letting everyone know that is very unlikely i will be attending this one.
i suspect the car overheated from a airlock that was not bleed as part of the intiial coolant bleed ing i done after replacing the head gasket.
the car is now making some impleasant noises from the engine when runnign and with a very bumpy iddle (that eventually dies off) :(

if i dont add any info in this thread, just assume i wont be there.
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Postby basher » Sun 20.05.2018, 09:00

Tuga2112 wrote:
Pdfuller wrote:1. Clemo . S2 613 Jim Clark ( camping) ( camping / shez pinky? ) set up friday , SAT & SUN .
5. rip - camping
6.Tuga - Camping days to be confirmed UNLIKELY TO ATTEND
11. Alan E
13. Basher - and Missus. Like the sound of it, maybe Friday pm and Sat but will be in hotel.- trying to get car repaired and MOT done to attend.

My attendance is in the balance at the moment as I'm struggling to get the car back together after changing the oil cooler pipe work. Typically whilst it's been off the road the MOT has expired too which wasn't an issue before but will now be a race to get done.
Is there any fine details on this yet? There's not much on Castle Combes site. When can you arrive, will you have to buy entry for two days if you are going in for two but staying offsite? Do you just state that you are with the Elans on arrival and come and find everyone to park up with?
basher
Enthusiast

Postby MPx » Sun 20.05.2018, 09:22

If you're wanting to meet up on Friday night, don't go to the circuit - look on here for where everyone else is going! If you're going to a hotel for Friday night, then its just a case of driving in to the circuit on Saturday morning and parking up with similar looking cars. No tickets/entry fees required. Use the Competitors entrance. I believe that there's a chance we'll get the block next to the circuit fence by the Strawbridge Centre for the M100s, but the event is very laid back and often some numpty will park their repmobile in the middle of a reserved space and many just park up wherever, and not in Model order. If its crowded it gets to be a bit of a free for all when trying to regain your place after track action. Coming along/parking up/spectating is all free. Going on track will cost a Club Lotus membership if you don't already have it plus £99 for two sessions (or so). Well worth the effort if you can get there - but then I would say that having not missed one for nearly 30 years!
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
MPx
Fanatic

Postby Fredjohn » Sun 20.05.2018, 09:23

Basher.... The event is just the Saturday. You can come and go as you please, entry is free. Hopefully all the M100 are parking together on the grass between the tarmac road and the track, just before the start finish building. Otherwise you can park where you want.
The only charge is for going on the track and this is optional.

Hope you sort your MOT.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby maz_r » Mon 21.05.2018, 23:41

5. rip - camping
11. Alan E
26. Maz_r - ‘posh camping’ (is there such a thing?) @ Malmesbury Friday beer/Saturday curry
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary.....
maz_r
Binary Bodger

Postby elaverick » Tue 22.05.2018, 08:01

5. rip - camping
11. Alan E
26. Maz_r - ‘posh camping’ (is there such a thing?) @ Malmesbury Friday beer/Saturday curry
27. ELaverick - Saturday with wife and kids, but no Elan
elaverick

Postby Rambo » Tue 22.05.2018, 09:49

Weather looks OK for Castle Combe on the Saturday at present :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2653597

However, thunderstorms are predicted for Sat. evening, Sunday and bank holiday Monday. It could yet prove to be interesting earlier on the Sat. :burnout:

Last year a lightening strike hit something infield and disrupted the Whit Monday racing for several hours 8)
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby clemo » Wed 23.05.2018, 07:49

NEWS UPDATE

Morning Dave,

Thanks for letting me know and 25 would be great - I'll mark out your area on Friday afternoon with cones and tape so don't worry about that and I'll also leave some extra room for people to join in on the day. You'll be on the long grass strip beside the circuit fence alongside the main straight. This is next to the Strawford Centre where we'll be based.

As I mentioned, you will need to marshal the area first thing on Saturday as I'll inevitably be too busy with last minute stuff so you might want to make up a sign or two as well as letting everyone know where to head to.

We're expecting 15 340R's as well who'll be next to you - should all look brilliant!

Call me on my mobile if you need anything on the day and I'm not in the Strawford Centre.

See you there!

Best,

Alan
clemo

Postby JusNoGood » Wed 23.05.2018, 10:26

Yes, relieved the weather forecast is looking better :)

Looking forward to meeting you all and having a good nosey at your cars. :burnout:
JusNoGood
Enthusiast

Postby dapinky » Wed 23.05.2018, 12:22

As for signage, I'll (hopefully, if the logistics are still as previously arranged with the Geordie bloke) be collecting the gazebo and banner on Friday on the way to the camp site....

.... but it might all be balanced on Clemos lap if I'm collecting him from a suitable railway station etc).

I would propose that we stick the gazebo somewhere as a 'meeting point' where we can have a collection of chairs, table, kettle and teabags etc (please bring a mug as I won't have 25 of them with me).

The banner can either go in front of the gazebo, or perhaps hang it on the fence at the back of our pitch with a few cable ties - it will depend on exact numbers, and access to/from the grass - more so for those going on track.

Can't really organise too much, just see how it pans out on the day.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby JusNoGood » Wed 23.05.2018, 13:56

dapinky wrote:As for signage, I'll (hopefully, if the logistics are still as previously arranged with the Geordie bloke) be collecting the gazebo and banner on Friday on the way to the camp site....

.... but it might all be balanced on Clemos lap if I'm collecting him from a suitable railway station etc).

I would propose that we stick the gazebo somewhere as a 'meeting point' where we can have a collection of chairs, table, kettle and teabags etc (please bring a mug as I won't have 25 of them with me).

The banner can either go in front of the gazebo, or perhaps hang it on the fence at the back of our pitch with a few cable ties - it will depend on exact numbers, and access to/from the grass - more so for those going on track.

Can't really organise too much, just see how it pans out on the day.

I'm happy to help in any way I can. I'm not camping but I can bring milk, tea bags or whatever on the Saturday. I have a few small gas camping gas canisters in the garage I could bring too if you want?

I will be staying with friends in Trowbridge on Friday. Happy to help out with lifts etc too if I can
JusNoGood
Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to BOLLECKS† weekend - Castle Combe 26-27 May 2018