Camping at Malmesbury (Castle Combe weekend)

† Bristol Outlying Lands LEC Knowledge & Support

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Camping at Malmesbury (Castle Combe weekend)

Postby maz_r » Sun 27.05.2018, 17:56

malmesburycamping.jpg


All quiet at the camp.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary.....
User avatar
maz_r
Binary Bodger
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun 05.07.2009, 20:36
Location: Solihull, West Midlands

Re: Camping at Malmesbury (Castle Combe weekend)

Postby Fredjohn » Sun 27.05.2018, 18:12

Well if you will get up so early!
Nice campsite though.
Thanks to all for good day and evening too. Here's to a few more m100 next year!
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec élan.

Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
Mercedes Benz C200 estate
Lotus Evija Danish edition
User avatar
Fredjohn
God
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
Location: Malvern, Worcs

Re: Camping at Malmesbury (Castle Combe weekend)

Postby Steve A » Mon 28.05.2018, 00:18

:D I had a very nice couple of days catching up with a hardy bunch of campers

Image

The rain on Saturday was light and was mostly in the early hours

[Image

Phil kept us entertained with his pyrotechnic skills :lol:

You're only suppose to blow the bloody doors off !
Image
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Camping at Malmesbury (Castle Combe weekend)

Postby maz_r » Mon 28.05.2018, 00:25

Steve A wrote:Phil kept us entertained with his pyrotechnic skills :lol:

You're only suppose to blow the bloody doors off !
Image


Nice shoes, Phil :D

I too had a good time; you camping types were all thoroughly decent chaps and a pleasure to spend time with.

ps I still want to know how your car stayed so clean, Steve. Mine looked like it had been driven over a field backwards, which, funnily enough...
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary.....
User avatar
maz_r
Binary Bodger
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun 05.07.2009, 20:36
Location: Solihull, West Midlands

Re: Camping at Malmesbury (Castle Combe weekend)

Postby Steve A » Mon 28.05.2018, 00:36

maz_r wrote:
ps I still want to know how your car stayed so clean, Steve. Mine looked like it had been driven over a field backwards, which, funnily enough...


Don't tell everyone ;-) but the secret is collinite 845 heavy duty wax
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Camping at Malmesbury (Castle Combe weekend)

Postby Steve A » Mon 28.05.2018, 00:47

Incidentally I know I left with my roof up but it came down within a few miles and stayed down despite the rain on the M4 which didn't matter because I was moving quickly enough 8)
It's been blazing all day here so I made the most of it and dried my tent out only for it to get even wetter when a thunderstorm sneaked up from nowhere and drenched it :roll: :bonk: .
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Camping at Malmesbury (Castle Combe weekend)

Postby Rambo » Mon 28.05.2018, 20:23

I'm still here (Billy no mates :( ) and very much enjoying a nice bottle of NZ merlot that Phil kindly left me. Ironically its the nicest evening too as I sit out watching the sun go down

Phil and I had a very entertaining May day's meet at Castle Combe today. 11 absolutely cracking races and all for £10 as seniors :( Can thoroughly recommend it to some of you lightweights next year :twisted:

Slainte :cheers:
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Previous

Return to BOLLECKS† weekend - Castle Combe 26-27 May 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest