LOTUS ELAN M100 [ CASTLE COMBE ] 2018 JOB DONE.

† Bristol Outlying Lands LEC Knowledge & Support

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 [ CASTLE COMBE ] 2018 JOB DONE.

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 11.06.2018, 20:47

Saltire wrote:
muley wrote:
Fredjohn wrote:On my first trips to CC I stayed at a hotel in central Chippenham, as did a few others. There used to be 2 hotels in the main square. May still be there 30yrs later?

I have also stayed at the Castle Inn in Castle Combe itself. Pricey but wasn't over crowded, but it was back in the days of Graham Arnold.

Both locations are a short drive from the circuit.

Yes, but what is really needed is a place within staggering distance of Malmesbury. ;)

Jim

If the panel desires it, I’ll come up with a list of possibles local to Malmesbury (some of which I may even have stayed at)

I think 'the panel' will be camping at Burton Hill and staggering in & out from the Vaping Canine but if it helps boost the numbers do so...
In the 70's we camped at the circuit the evening before a race meeting and found it's a short walk to Combe village on a footpath onwards from a dead end road & then through a wood. Nice pub but took us quite a bit longer to get back after a few beers what with getting lost in the wood and bumping into trees in the pitch dark .. :lol:
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Previous

Return to BOLLECKS† weekend - Castle Combe 26-27 May 2018