GeoffSmith wrote:Oh and can you pass this one on to Iain?

| Home | WikiLEC | Repairs | Upgrades | Gallery | Buy & Sell | Mountain Chips | Meets & Events | Contact |
|
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
GeoffSmith wrote:Oh and can you pass this one on to Iain?

Kathryn wrote:And maybe Clemo’s JC Special will turn up!
John_W wrote:![]()
But seriously,
It’s an important anniversary and I want to be there. Having visited Castle Combe I have a couple of concerns which I would like to have dispelled:1 The place is thoroughly mobbed with tourists and it is impossible to park. Is the track completely free of this Cotswold tourist madness?
2 No way am I camping. Is there a decent hotel within walking distance of the planned revelry so that I can attend and join the toast?
3 It’s a bloody long way from Aberdeen. Can it either be moved nearer or can English roads have fewer cars/lorries/caravans/numpties on them?
Probably nothing can be done about the last one, but reassurance and advice on the first two will get me twisting arms north of the border.
Rambo wrote:I've also heard that Jonathon, as an ex pat, does very favourable rates for haggis bashers
Saltire wrote:Perhaps we should host the whisky tasting?
John_W wrote:Well, my son's name is Murray and I come from Thornly Park, but if somebody is offering whisky tasting I'm there.
In your grandfather's day I don't believe that Paisley had a rough end (unless you include Love St).
John_W wrote:P.S.: You omitted to mention that the walk from the hotel was up-hill.
Rambo wrote:Saltire wrote:Perhaps we should host the whisky tasting?
Good idea. I can supply a lovely Royal Lochnagar malt which, ironically, John and Mags bought down to us when they visited. But it is a year away so it might just be an empty bottle
Kathryn wrote:And maybe Clemo’s JC Special will turn up!
Fredjohn wrote:On my first trips to CC I stayed at a hotel in central Chippenham, as did a few others. There used to be 2 hotels in the main square. May still be there 30yrs later?
I have also stayed at the Castle Inn in Castle Combe itself. Pricey but wasn't over crowded, but it was back in the days of Graham Arnold.
Both locations are a short drive from the circuit.
muley wrote:Fredjohn wrote:On my first trips to CC I stayed at a hotel in central Chippenham, as did a few others. There used to be 2 hotels in the main square. May still be there 30yrs later?
I have also stayed at the Castle Inn in Castle Combe itself. Pricey but wasn't over crowded, but it was back in the days of Graham Arnold.
Both locations are a short drive from the circuit.
Yes, but what is really needed is a place within staggering distance of Malmesbury.
Jim
Return to BOLLECKS† weekend - Castle Combe 26-27 May 2018
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest