New "Team Orange" Member

Read here for help with getting started on postings.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

New "Team Orange" Member

Postby CallMeLegend » Tue 26.05.2020, 09:09

Just popping by to say hi, I'm likely to be loitering here for the foreseeable future, I've just agreed to buy a very well known Orange Elan M100......
CallMeLegend
Fanatic

Re: New "Team Orange" Member

Postby dapinky » Tue 26.05.2020, 09:18

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the main bit of LEC.

There is plenty written on here about the work done on the Orange Elan (it actually has a name of "Missy" - but that may or may not continue under your ownership).

There are a few things which need sorting out, but it is definitely one of the ones worth doing, and has had an awful lot of work/improvements done ove the years by the mad scotsman.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby CallMeLegend » Tue 26.05.2020, 09:27

The plan would be to get it running reliably in the first instance, then treat it as a running restotation
CallMeLegend
Fanatic

Postby Kipperozzy » Wed 27.05.2020, 21:54

Hi callmelegend, welcome to the forum, I’ve only been here for 4 years and found it invaluable for information so I searched for “missy” , interesting reading about the history and background to the car and owner .
Good luck with the restoration, any photos of when you picked it up :D
Kipperozzy
Enthusiast

Postby CallMeLegend » Thu 28.05.2020, 09:44

Kipperozzy wrote:Hi callmelegend, welcome to the forum, I’ve only been here for 4 years and found it invaluable for information so I searched for “missy” , interesting reading about the history and background to the car and owner .
Good luck with the restoration, any photos of when you picked it up :D

It's being collected Friday & delivered to me Saturday.
CallMeLegend
Fanatic

Return to New User Help with Postings and Extras