LEC UPDATES, CHANGES AND NEWS

Read about the latest happenings on our site!

Moderators: dapinky, clemo

LEC UPDATES, CHANGES AND NEWS

Postby Nige » Fri 19.10.2018, 19:52

The observant amongst you will have noticed a few subtle changes and tweaks over the last day or so.

LEC currently runs on what in software terms is relatively old and it's also clear that it's a bespoke version of old software which causes issues if automatically updated. The expertise that built LEC is largely not around any more and up until very recently we simply didn't have the necessary access to make the changes and start to improve functionality and features of the site. We still don't have all that we need but are working on it.

We have a number of issues we want to sort out with the way the site works but until we've worked just what we are able to do I'm not going to make promises we then can't deliver, so our approach will be a steady one.

Our first actions have been to add some additional Admins in order to help with the day to day running of the site and I'm delighted that those who've been at the forefront of keeping LEC going over the last few years have accepted this additional role and recognition of their efforts.

As a mark of respect to the man who was LEC in the UK for so long we have put Simon 'Sy' Vickers our UK founder and good friends name into Wolves Yellow and added a suitable postscript to his posts. Gone but not forgotten.

Please bear with us, the changes we wish to make will not be achieved overnight but we have to start somewhere and we are now working towards re-establishing LEC as the continuing place to go for all things M100 as we head towards the 30th anniversary of M100 production next year.

Nige
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Re: LEC UPDATES, CHANGES AND NEWS

Postby John_W » Fri 19.10.2018, 20:44

Nige,
Good to hear you’re still around, and that the site is going to continue to improve. I just wanted to say that if you’re ever looking for somebody to help with the computer development stuff, don’t ask me ‘cos I haven’t a clue.

All the best,
John
John_W
Heid-bummer

Postby Rambo » Sat 20.10.2018, 18:38

John_W wrote:don’t ask me ‘cos I haven’t a clue

Status quo then :poke: :twisted:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Simon_P » Mon 12.11.2018, 15:26

Nige wrote:Our first actions have been to add some additional Admins in order to help with the day to day running of the site and I'm delighted that those who've been at the forefront of keeping LEC going over the last few years have accepted this additional role and recognition of their efforts.

Great, well done chaps, but we still appear to be short of a responsible adult.
Simon_P
God

Postby dapinky » Mon 12.11.2018, 16:00

Simon_P wrote:
Nige wrote:Our first actions have been to add some additional Admins in order to help with the day to day running of the site and I'm delighted that those who've been at the forefront of keeping LEC going over the last few years have accepted this additional role and recognition of their efforts.

Not quite true.... when something goes wrong, Geoff is responsible.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Fredjohn » Mon 12.11.2018, 16:04

dapinky wrote:
Simon_P wrote:

Not quite true.... when something goes wrong, Geoff is responsible.

That's good to hear, but I didn't realise Geof was considered a responsible adult.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby dapinky » Mon 12.11.2018, 16:20

He's technically an adult - and as stated, in case of looking for someone to blame - He's responsible for whatever has gone wrong.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby JusNoGood » Mon 12.11.2018, 19:55

Hi Nige

I dont think I've met you at one of the Lotus meets this year but I've been fortunate to meet a number of people on here and a fair few have helped me.

I used to be a DBA and Developer. Although I've left all that behind some time ago I'm still heavily involved in software development at work and hacking just about anything with a plug at home. I've no experience with forum software but if you need a hand I'm happy to dedicate my time to learning it and helping out...and if I can't work it out I'll be able to find someone at work who can and wants to help the boss :-D Would be nice to give back to all the help I'm continually given ;)

Regards

Justin.
JusNoGood
Enthusiast

Postby Simon_P » Mon 12.11.2018, 20:03

dapinky wrote:He's technically an adult - and as stated, in case of looking for someone to blame - He's responsible for whatever has gone wrong.

That makes him the adult who is responsible, that'll do.
Simon_P
God

Return to News