Finally it's going back on the road

Read about the latest happenings on our site!

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

Finally it's going back on the road

Postby nchase » Tue 18.06.2013, 22:19

December 21st 2009 - My M100 S2 was put into the garage and SORNED. It was properly looked after as a laid up car, regularly started and driven up and down my drive way ( yes fortunately I had a long drive). A year later it was moved into the read garden under cover as the House and Garage were pulled down and rebuilt for what should have been a six month project

Finally tomorrow with the help of Essex Autosport who used to give my Elan all the TLC she needed, we will move it from it's outside home of almost three year and six months to the day, onto a trailer for a long over due overhaul so that by July she will be back on the road.

At the weekend we removed the covers, the sun came out and you could tell both of us were ready to be re-united. I won't say it's going to be easy - it's been a long time, but she will be in good hands, and when she is back there will be a brand new undercover hard standing area for her, rather than the dark muddy corner of the garden!

My youngest children are six and they don't even recall ever having been in it! Oh their in for a treat!
nchase
Fanatic

Re: Finally it's going back on the road

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Tue 18.06.2013, 22:33

nchase wrote:...as the House and Garage were pulled down and rebuilt for what should have been a six month project

Ah hahahaha! You have clearly had your delusion removed! I did the same thing (but without an Elan in the back garden), and the demolition and build took exactly 9 months. And the builders worked bloody hard to build it that quickly with persistant good weather.

It did allow me to build the garage of my dreams, although the planners cut it back somewhat. The best bit was installing a car lift. I don't know how I lived without one! :lol:

Best wishes for the recommissioning process.
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic

Postby chris.t » Fri 21.06.2013, 13:47

Hey Neil, I thought you'd sold up and moved on. Nice to see your still with us :-)
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby nchase » Fri 21.06.2013, 15:44

chris.t wrote:Hey Neil, I thought you'd sold up and moved on. Nice to see your still with us :-)

Nope - just not used it for a long long time.

Nick ;-)
nchase
Fanatic

Postby chris.t » Fri 21.06.2013, 16:25

Sorry old age :'(
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Return to News