Spamhaus Blacklist

Post your cries for help about using this forum. Please do not use this section for Elan-related problems.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Spamhaus Blacklist

Postby ailwyn » Wed 08.04.2009, 14:50

A couple of members have recently been unable to post to the forum because their computer address (IP address) has ended up on a spammers blacklist.

We have NO control over this list. The forum software checks this blacklist to help reduce spam appearing on the forum.

There are quite a few reasons as to why you might end up on this list, one of which is having been infected with a virus/trojan that sends out spam emails in the background.

If you do get blacklisted then there should be a link to more info in the message, which if followed allows you to remove yourself from the blacklist as well as giving you pointers as to how to minimise the chances of being blacklisted again.

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member

Re: Spamhaus Blacklist

Postby Specky » Wed 08.04.2009, 14:59

This happens to me quite often as I use mobile and get a roaming IP address, so it may be someone else who is buggering it up for you. Luckly I haven't had it for a few weeks.

My home computer is fine, it's just the mobile

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby RichardK » Wed 08.04.2009, 21:58

Yes this happens to me alot when I'm travelling and I want to post / send PMs - particularly when I am in Libya and strangely enough Nigeria too!

No problem reading posts thou!

Richard
CAPETOWN - RED 92 SE: V5 and LGM Turbo Installed
NEW ORLEANS - YELLOW 91 FED. TLC Required.
RichardK
Fanatic

Postby PECKHS » Wed 04.05.2011, 02:47

Hi, my home PC has been blacklisted. How can I remove the blacklist? There was a link to contact LEC, but no instruction on how to remove the blacklist.
Appreciate any help on this matter.
Thanks

Peck
PECKHS
Enthusiast

Postby ailwyn » Wed 04.05.2011, 07:51

ailwyn
Forum Member

Postby PECKHS » Wed 04.05.2011, 10:30

ailwyn wrote:Try this link:

http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso

tks, will have to try at home though .... still at work
cheers

peck
PECKHS
Enthusiast

Postby PECKHS » Mon 09.05.2011, 03:01

Hi, I have tried clearing the blacklist in spamhaus, but my home IP address is still blacklisted. :(
Can someone please help?
Thanks

Peck
PECKHS
Enthusiast

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Mon 09.05.2011, 06:23

Is it possible that your entire sub-net is black-listed? If it is the entire sub-net, your ISP will have to get it fixed. Contact your Internet Service Provider and either have them fix SpamHaus or have them give you a different IP address.
If your IP is Dynamic, they can force a new address from their end as they can communicate with your cable or DSC connection.
You really need to run an agressive virus scanner and make sure you are not infected. I like Avast (Free) but AVG is also good.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby PECKHS » Sat 21.05.2011, 04:16

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:Is it possible that your entire sub-net is black-listed? If it is the entire sub-net, your ISP will have to get it fixed. Contact your Internet Service Provider and either have them fix SpamHaus or have them give you a different IP address.
If your IP is Dynamic, they can force a new address from their end as they can communicate with your cable or DSC connection.
You really need to run an agressive virus scanner and make sure you are not infected. I like Avast (Free) but AVG is also good.

Spoke to my Internet service provided and they claimed everything's "A OK" at their end and there's nothing they can do to help

bugger!!!
PECKHS
Enthusiast

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 21.05.2011, 12:37

PECKHS wrote:Hi, I have tried clearing the blacklist in spamhaus, but my home IP address is still blacklisted. :(
Can someone please help?
Thanks

Peck

Let me know your IP address by PM Peck. When we were being bombarded by internet vandals, I may have blocked a range of IP addresses that included yours.

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:I like Avast (Free) but AVG is also good.

:agree: AVG slowed my old pc down considerably but it flies along with Avast - all you need do is re-register (for free) every year when prompted.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £55 incl. P&P.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby saska » Tue 24.05.2011, 19:54

GeoffSmith wrote:
PECKHS wrote:Hi, I have tried clearing the blacklist in spamhaus, but my home IP address is still blacklisted. :(

You can get your internet facing IP address by clicking HERE. Send this to Geoff. He should be able to add it to an Exceptions list such that even if Spamhaus lists it you aren't blocked.

GeoffSmith wrote:
Brit-Car-Nut wrote:I like Avast (Free) but AVG is also good.

:agree: AVG slowed my old pc down considerably but it flies along with Avast - all you need do is re-register (for free) every year when prompted.

AVG has lost the plot. Avast is pretty good but I've recently seen a couple of PCs with Avast installed that had rootkits.
Currently I think the best free solution is a combination of Avira and Malwarebytes
You can kill the Avira update advertising popup by denying Read and Execute permissions on avnotify.exe
Scan with Avira once per week, run MWBs every 3-4 weeks, update it and do a quick scan. Remove anything either finds. If you've a problem run a full scan with both.
As an additional protection run Eset's (NOD32) online scanner every now and again
--
Tony
adw (at) saska.co.uk
saska
Sadly departed but never forgotten

Postby Ellie » Tue 30.08.2011, 14:15

Hi folks,
Just thought you'd like to see the pic attached - Bots scan the site for email addresses etc I believe. Can this be stopped???? Maybe this is contributing to the spamming problem. :banghead:
Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
S2 #161 Calypso Red & fun in the sun. S2 means seats two, and I aint walkin'!
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
Ellie
Enthusiast

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 30.08.2011, 15:20

That is a search engine (Yahoo) BOT (GOOD BOT). The forum is constantly being scanned for content so anyone that searches a topic will find LEC.

GOOD BOTs are welcome, BAD BOTs are blocked.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby cs278 » Wed 31.08.2011, 22:54

Ellie wrote:Hi folks,
Just thought you'd like to see the pic attached - Bots scan the site for email addresses etc I believe. Can this be stopped???? Maybe this is contributing to the spamming problem. :banghead:
Cheers.

That's Yahoo indexing the site for their search engine, completely harmless. Only registered users with more than one post can view the email addresses of other members.
Chris Smith
cs278

Postby Ellie » Thu 01.09.2011, 14:14

:smt023 to :smt032 of the welcome variety.... gooooood bot; down bot; sit, rollover! Cheers for the advisory.
S2 #161 Calypso Red & fun in the sun. S2 means seats two, and I aint walkin'!
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
Ellie
Enthusiast

Postby kalgari » Mon 15.10.2018, 11:17

In addition to Eset I'd recommend to use VirusTotal, as it has much more malware based in core.
kalgari

Postby Fredjohn » Mon 15.10.2018, 12:09

Hi Kalgari
Welcome to LEC.
We look forward to your introduction in the new members intro section and perhaps even pictures of your Elan :D

We're a friendly site where you will find all sorts of help and advice to look after your Lotus Elan M100 :D :D
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby kalgari » Mon 15.10.2018, 12:26

Fredjohn wrote:Hi Kalgari
Welcome to LEC.
We look forward to your introduction in the new members intro section and perhaps even pictures of your Elan :D

thanks Fredjohn!
kalgari

Return to Forum (not Elan!) Questions/Problems