Access To Manuals

Post your cries for help about using this forum. Please do not use this section for Elan-related problems.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Access To Manuals

Postby andy123 » Mon 18.01.2016, 14:37

just tried to request access to manuals and keep getting a message:

Title Error: Bad or missing Recipient

Body : Please make sure you have filled in the required recipient form field, and that the e-mail address used is hosted with DreamHost

As a spam-prevention matter, we can now only allow our formmail to forward to email addresses hosted with us. If you'd like the recipient
to be an email not hosted with us, please just create an address @yourdomain.com to forward there!

The recipient was [ manualrequest@lotuselancentral.com ]

Is this one for the admins ?

Will send an email containing all the relevant details from the manuals request form

Andy
andy123

Re: Access To Manuals

Postby Fredjohn » Mon 18.01.2016, 14:46

Andy
If you need to get the various manuals look at the bottom of any of surfboardfiller's posts and you will find this link to a site where they are all kept.

This doesn't solve the issue you found, but will give you the manuals!!
John
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
Evora 2010
MB E250 CDi coupe 2013
Boardman Endurance SLR 9.4 disc 2018
Rapido 746 2010
Fredjohn
God

Postby andy123 » Mon 18.01.2016, 17:17

Hi John,

thanks for the reply. I had a quick look at the link in surfboarders signature. Opened the service notes from my phone but not very readable or possible to search. Also wasn't sure if it contained all the manuals. Will have a further look once I get home and have access to a proper pc.

Andy
andy123

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Mon 18.01.2016, 19:51

Andy:

The manuals were never available as searchable PDFs although many of them have an index with links that will move you to the chapter you are looking for. Most are amateur (not professional/high-res) hand fed scans of manuals that contain several hundred pages of information.

NONE were developed to be read with a phone/small tablet. 1024 x 768 is minimum and larger is better.

You can download any of the manuals by right clicking on it and selecting "Save as" if using Internet Explorer or "save link as" if using Firefox. Other browsers have the same function, just different wording. I put the file size on the page so you can see some are huge and will take a lot of time to download or even just open to view.

The listing is ALL of the manuals that have been scrounged and scanned and are the ones most commonly needed. The V.? in the title is the version and the V.2 is mainly for the very early models and the V.6 or higher are the later versions. The later versions contain the early models whereas the early versions don't know there were later models.

I am not aware of any manuals addressing getting access to the sills to check for rust.

Here is a copy of the page showing the carpets.
Interior Carpets.jpg

You will see that the floor carpets are one piece per side and not easy to push out of the way. The best way to check the car is to remove the seats and fully remove the floor carpets and then the foam underlayment.

I don't think there is an easy way to inspect the inner sills of a car you are looking over for purchase but the suggested camera and disassembly process works very well if you want to check YOUR car thoroughly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby andy123 » Wed 20.01.2016, 07:54

Hi BCN,

Thanks for the info regarding the manuals,I wasn't sure if surfboarders area was a complete set. Also thanks for taking the time to look up the diagram and include the copy in your response.

I will have look through the links.

Andy
andy123

Postby muley » Thu 28.07.2022, 15:45

I'm. having a difficulty accessing the Manuals (link at top of page)

Is there a problem or am I being a dork?
LEC Turbo Nutter
1995 Palacio S2 no 507 : 1991 Aqua Blue SE Honda Jazz 1.3
muley

Postby dapinky » Thu 28.07.2022, 15:54

muley wrote:I'm. having a difficulty accessing the Manuals (link at top of page)

Is there a problem or am I being a dork?

I wouldn't dare to call you a dork, but it works for me!!!! (I assume that you are logged in at the time, other than that - no idea).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Return to Forum (not Elan!) Questions/Problems