Take a look to...The Elan Dual Fuel...

Share your pictures!

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Take a look to...The Elan Dual Fuel...

Postby *LUCA* » Wed 18.02.2009, 14:22

Some days ago there was these Elan on sale here in Italy, may be the only one on the world!

1_988871835.jpg

Impianto GPL LOTUS.jpg

gpl LOTUS.jpg

motore GPL LOTUS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*LUCA*
Enthusiast

Re: Take a look to...The Elan Dual Fuel...

Postby theelanman » Wed 18.02.2009, 14:33

:?:
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Monty » Thu 19.02.2009, 00:29

Is that LPG :?
Monty
Chunder King!

Postby HJ2 » Thu 19.02.2009, 09:28

It sure looks like it.

I once drove a Toyota MR2. (I know, i know, but it was a fun car to drive) One of the MR2 clubmembers also placed an LPG tank in the trunk. He filled her up and drove off, quite fast since he knew the car very well. Anyway, in the first corner he was surprised by the different weight distribution and the negative effect it had on handling. He totalled it :roll:
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Postby *LUCA* » Thu 19.02.2009, 12:01

Yes, is an LPG system. In the engine's pic, on the extreme right, you can see a part of the lung for the LPG. Looks like fitted in the airbox space....
ORRIBLE, but I can understand thats owner. Here in italy there are increasingly restrictive laws on anti-pollution standards, so, in some city the circulaton is very difficuolt for the old cars, may be possible only in the night or in the week end. An LPG system solves this problem because considered from the government a full ecological system.

Having said that .... I'd rather die than kill my Elan with an LPG system!!! :twisted:
*LUCA*
Enthusiast

Return to Picture Gallery