About time i posted some pictures!

Share your pictures!

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Gee21 » Tue 14.04.2015, 15:06

Hi All,

Firstly id like to thank all that have helped with my questions since joining a few months ago.

So far i have been very busy with the Elan since driving it back from London to Glasgow on that snowy night at the end of Feb.

So far i have given the car a full service including plugs and all fluids. New genuine Lotus sump and new oil, (twice in 4 weeks) :-) had the wastegate stripped and cleaned (was sticky), wheels refurbished, chrome valve caps and nut covers, front calipers refurbished, new front drilled and groved discs with high friction pads, new rear discs with hub assembly, new rear high friction pads, handbrake adjusted, new wheel bearings all round, new idle control valve, new cam angle sensor, new number plates, new Cybox stainless steel exhaust and the base timing sorted. Booked in for re-trimm and hopefully that will be me until the next thing raises its head.

Here are some pictures.

Enjoy :D

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Gee21
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed 25.02.2015, 09:32
Location: Glasgow

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Jamie N » Tue 14.04.2015, 16:07

Looks superb Gee, very nice indeed. :wink:
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Location : Location

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Gee21 » Tue 14.04.2015, 17:06

Thanks Jamie. :D
Gee21
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed 25.02.2015, 09:32
Location: Glasgow

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby chipp » Tue 14.04.2015, 19:12

Looks tidy, you must be very pleased.
Whats the Cybox like.

chipp
92SE written off
95S2 sold
91SE sold
User avatar
chipp
Fanatic
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue 02.02.2010, 20:47
Location: Wymondham nr Hethel

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Artaban » Tue 14.04.2015, 19:23

All you need now is some RuoteOZ stickers which I put on my car yesterday. Available from Henri for about £4.

Love the depth of colour on your car presumably its because there is no sunshine in Scotland to fade the paintwork. :-D

Image
My wife's just divorced me because I wouldn't open the car door for her!
To be fair I panicked and swam straight for the surface.
User avatar
Artaban
Fanatic
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue 09.02.2010, 07:24
Location: Tiverton, Devon UK

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby par » Tue 14.04.2015, 20:12

Hi Gee,

It was good to meet you at Bo'ness.

The paint on your car looks very good in the flesh along with the freshly refurbed alloys, you have embarassed me into moving getting the machine polisher out up the priority list :oops:
User avatar
par
Fanatic
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu 19.02.2015, 23:22
Location: Fife

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Rambo » Tue 14.04.2015, 20:44

Looking good Gee. Almost as shiny as my red one :twisted:
Rambo
Sauce au raifort
 
Posts: 5840
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Carcassonne

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Scott J » Tue 14.04.2015, 23:19

Looking good. Nice & shiny.
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
User avatar
Scott J
Hairdresser
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon 15.12.2003, 17:47
Location: Westerton, Glasgow

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby TrevorB » Wed 15.04.2015, 08:43

Yes that is a shiny Red one Gee, nearly matching a Silk Red one :D Have fun with it.

TrevorB
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
User avatar
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun 23.01.2011, 21:18
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Gee21 » Wed 15.04.2015, 09:31

chipp wrote:Looks tidy, you must be very pleased.
Whats the Cybox like.

chipp


Pleased with it Chipp, i was a bit unsure as to get the one with the extra siliencer but decided to go with the standard one. Sounds so much better than the stock and i like the overrun pop it gives out.

For £240 an absolute bargain!
Gee21
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed 25.02.2015, 09:32
Location: Glasgow

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby chipp » Wed 15.04.2015, 18:51

Gee21 wrote:
chipp wrote:Looks tidy, you must be very pleased.
Whats the Cybox like.

chipp


Pleased with it Chipp, i was a bit unsure as to get the one with the extra siliencer but decided to go with the standard one. Sounds so much better than the stock and i like the overrun pop it gives out.

For £240 an absolute bargain!


Sounds good.
Did you get the complete system from the turbo down for £240 and if so where from.
Did you notice an increase in performance?

chipp
92SE written off
95S2 sold
91SE sold
User avatar
chipp
Fanatic
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue 02.02.2010, 20:47
Location: Wymondham nr Hethel

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Rambo » Wed 15.04.2015, 20:40

Sound's like you might need one of Alan's (Elanscanman) Everest chip's next that allows boost to 0.9 bar. And also one of Dave's shortshift kits to make gear changing more defined and punchier rather than like stirring porridge :lol:

Let me know if you are interested and I can sort you out 8)
Rambo
Sauce au raifort
 
Posts: 5840
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Carcassonne

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Doug » Thu 16.04.2015, 06:22

Rambo wrote:Sound's like you might need one of Alan's (Elanscanman) Everest chip's next that allows boost to 0.9 bar. And also one of Dave's shortshift kits to make gear changing more defined and punchier rather than like stirring porridge :lol:


I agree!

And your Elan looks very nice :m100: :burnout:
Image
User avatar
Doug
LEC Founder
 
Posts: 7486
Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
Location: Oregon Coast, USA

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Gee21 » Thu 16.04.2015, 12:41

chipp wrote:
Gee21 wrote:
chipp wrote:Looks tidy, you must be very pleased.
Whats the Cybox like.

chipp


Pleased with it Chipp, i was a bit unsure as to get the one with the extra siliencer but decided to go with the standard one. Sounds so much better than the stock and i like the overrun pop it gives out.

For £240 an absolute bargain!


Sounds good.
Did you get the complete system from the turbo down for £240 and if so where from.
Did you notice an increase in performance?

chipp


Yes i did notice a performance increase. Also yes, its the full system from the turbo down. Bought it on eBay. Was advertised for £275 or best offer and he finally accepted £240. What i would say though, I took the car to Kenny Brown in Glasgow to get fitted and he says it was a pain in the @ss to fit. It was on and off the car three times till he got it right but it sits perfect after his fettling.

If you have two in the car speed bumps need to be taken slowly.
Gee21
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed 25.02.2015, 09:32
Location: Glasgow

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Gee21 » Thu 16.04.2015, 12:43

Rambo wrote:Sound's like you might need one of Alan's (Elanscanman) Everest chip's next that allows boost to 0.9 bar. And also one of Dave's shortshift kits to make gear changing more defined and punchier rather than like stirring porridge :lol:

Let me know if you are interested and I can sort you out 8)


I may be interested in the chip Rambo. Let me know the details? :-D 0.9 bar sounds like fun!
Gee21
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed 25.02.2015, 09:32
Location: Glasgow

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Rambo » Thu 16.04.2015, 20:19

Artaban wrote:All you need now is some RuoteOZ stickers which I put on my car yesterday. Available from Henri for about £4.

Love the depth of colour on your car presumably its because there is no sunshine in Scotland to fade the paintwork. :-D

Image


Unfortunately Andy, you will need to spend another £4 on some more stickers. You've stuck 'em in the wrong place :lol: The correct "original" place for the Ruote O.Z. stickers is two spokes away from the LOTUS indentation on the wheel. Can't quite remember if it was clockwise or anti-clockwise though. I will get my thinking cap on ;-)
Rambo
Sauce au raifort
 
Posts: 5840
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Carcassonne

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Rambo » Thu 16.04.2015, 20:31

It's exactly 2 spokes away anticlockwise from the Lotus indentation. The t of Ruote is central to the spoke as you have it.
Rambo
Sauce au raifort
 
Posts: 5840
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Carcassonne

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Artaban » Thu 16.04.2015, 21:56

Damn. I knew I should have asked. The car has now plummeted in value with that revelation :-D
Anyway I did get two sets but I think I'll dare to be different and live with it. The car will be going too fast for anyone to notice :burnout:

Andy
My wife's just divorced me because I wouldn't open the car door for her!
To be fair I panicked and swam straight for the surface.
User avatar
Artaban
Fanatic
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue 09.02.2010, 07:24
Location: Tiverton, Devon UK

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Scott J » Thu 16.04.2015, 22:55

Gee, you definitely need your car chipped if you plan to follow me anywhere. Rambo need not apply, the chances of him ever keeping up with me or Stevo even if he was in a Lambo are zilch.
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
User avatar
Scott J
Hairdresser
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon 15.12.2003, 17:47
Location: Westerton, Glasgow

Re: About time i posted some pictures!

Postby Gee21 » Fri 17.04.2015, 09:20

Scott J wrote:Gee, you definitely need your car chipped if you plan to follow me anywhere. Rambo need not apply, the chances of him ever keeping up with me or Stevo even if he was in a Lambo are zilch.


Surely the turbo Elan can take an MX5 anyday?? :poke:
Gee21
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed 25.02.2015, 09:32
Location: Glasgow

Next

Return to Picture Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest