Lotus at SpringTime in the Smokies

Share your pictures!

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Lotus at SpringTime in the Smokies

Postby tweetdriver63 » Mon 11.05.2015, 06:41

Just got back from attending the SpringTime in the Smokies British Car Show in Townsend Tennessee. It was fun. There should be more Lotus representation, but that seems pretty standard at these things.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics of the Lotus cars that were there (disclaimer: One of them is a Westfield 11 kit, since I guess the real thing would cost a mint)

At least the Seven is the real thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Re: Lotus at SpringTime in the Smokies

Postby nsr250 » Mon 11.05.2015, 14:20

Hope you got to tour Cades Cove. Pretty special place.
'91 Elan
'87 Milano
'91 318is
'02 Protege5
'02 DRZ400s
'91 VFR750
'98 VFR800
nsr250
Enthusiast

Re: Lotus at SpringTime in the Smokies

Postby tweetdriver63 » Mon 11.05.2015, 17:12

We've done the Cades Cove loop many times, but not this time. This time we tent camped in the Cades Cove Campground, and my wife and her mother spent the day doing whatever in the Smokies. My mother-in-law lives in Knoxville, and my wife was born and raised there. I think they made it up to Clingman's Dome.

Anyway, what I did, besides the show, was some spirited driving on the Foothills Parkway, then I went and slayed the Dragon! I wish I had a GoPro. I want to make plans with another owner to go there sometime in our Elans, both with GoPros, and drive the Dragon one way, then change positions and drive it back the other.

318 curves in 11 miles, and the scenery is amazing. This is the drive the Top Gear guys should have made instead of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Return to Picture Gallery