Flux Direct

For help finding/discussion about good insurance rates.

Moderators: theelanman, GeoffSmith, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT

Flux Direct

Postby Dom » Sat 19.08.2017, 23:16

I've just insured my SE with Flux Direct. I told them about all the mods, got an agreed value and salvage rights and mentioned the fact that the car will be on the drive for the time being. All in, it was £125 including legal cover etc, with a 5000 mile cap and no commuting. I'm pretty pleased, to say the least!
Dom
Enthusiast

Re: Flux Direct

Postby John_W » Sat 19.08.2017, 23:53

I've just renewed with ClassicLine for nearly three times that (similar cover, including breakdown, Legal, 5000 miles, garaged). Next year I won't be so lazy as just to stay with the same company I've been with for 10 years.
John_W
Philistine

Postby simonbuk » Tue 24.04.2018, 12:03

Is the Flux one a classic car policy ?
Do you have to have a 'normal' car as well for every day driving ?
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Tue 24.04.2018, 22:07

I like Flux/Adrian Flux. Their prices seem to be good, and for about £20 extra you are insured comprehensively to drive any other person's car. Also, you can add agreed value insurance for a small extra amount.
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic

Postby Kathryn » Wed 25.04.2018, 00:06

I’ve just renewed with Adrian Flux. Not as cheap as that, but I’m happy.
Daily driver, SDP + commuting, breakdown, mileage 10000 (nearly went over year before last when I had limited at 6000, apparently it goes up in increments, 7-10k was the same cost so he put it at 10k!).
And once I’d provided proof it had been settled my third party non-fault claim didn’t affect the price! :D When I’ve cleaned her next week I’ll get and send off the agreed value form (cost £15).

Simon, I only have one car now. It’s on a roadster policy rather than a classic. I was able to transfer my no claims too. :D
Palacio S2 #540
Kathryn
Fanatic

Postby Saltire » Wed 25.04.2018, 13:42

I’ve just switched to Flux following the recommendations. S2, 5,000 Miles, SDP, no accidents or convictions, IAM member, self and wife insured, rural postcode, age 63. Includes breakdown cover, legal expenses, agreed value and salvage rights, drive any other vehicle on a comprehensive basis. And the answer is . . . . . £242 and change. Not bad, I suppose, although I’d hoped for better.

What really annoys me about car insurance is that I had to spend 40 minutes on the phone sorting it out. Why is it so hard?And why do we have this stupid law which says they have to read out all the small print to you on the phone? I guess Flux are no worse than all the other parasites who sell insurance, but I do wonder what I would have to do to get a lower quote. £242 for one classic doesn’t compare well with £450 to cover both the modern BMWs for twice the mileage each.

Grrrrrr . . . :evil:
Jonathan

S2 no 512, BRG, magnolia interior, last of four UK S2 to this spec
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Sutherland

Postby simonbuk » Wed 25.04.2018, 15:54

Yes crazy isn't it. Just phoned Flux, went through all the crap and then ' sorry we can't be competitive but we know somebody who can and they are standing by, would you like me to put you through ?'
Me - OK.
New person 'Hello, can I take some details ?'
Me - Yes (goes through all the crap again).
New Person 'Right, I'll just put you through to somebody who can help'
Me - OK.
New Person2 - ' Hi, how can I help?'
Me - erm, I thought you were going to give me a quote ?
New Person2 'Sure, I can do that. Can I take some details please - is it a car?'
Me - I've just given all my details for the second time?
New Person2 - ' I haven't been given anything, I can go through it with you ?
Me - No you can't.

What a waste of time. Very weird.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Postby simonbuk » Wed 25.04.2018, 16:20

Just had a call from somebody from 'Bewiser' - apparently one of the people i was talking to earlier. Persisted with it and they then put me through to somebody else.
Didn't catch the name of yet another company but they said they would try hard to help as i was now pissed off.
After a little time with them they said that the company that might be able to give a competitive quote was ..........Adrian Flux !!

What the fcuk is going on ??!! They seem to pass you onto another price comparison company who in turn do it again ??

My Admiral renewal came down from 246 to 206 so i'm just going to let it renew, just can't be fcuked with these morons.

simonbuk
God

Postby Saltire » Wed 25.04.2018, 17:59

My BMWs are through Admiral, and I have to say they’ve been excellent once the pain of getting the quote is out of the way. I’ve never claimed, but I had the Boxster with them, and the breakdown recovery was faultless when it threw a tyre on the M4 (don’t get me started on tyre sealant :evil:)

I must have insured 30 plus cars over the last 40 years, and I’ve never yet found t to be anything other than a painful experience. And it doesn’t have to be so: PetPlan have been fantastic with our dog, and he’s had a malignant melanoma and Cushings disease over the last three years. Paid up without a murmur, within 10 days, and great to deal with on the phone. If only they did car policies . . .
Jonathan

Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Sutherland

Postby clemo » Mon 07.05.2018, 10:07

£269 internet price not a call us for cheaper quote .
5000 miles SDP , no accidents claims convictions SS exhaust declared . Garaged £15,000 agreed.

not spoken about buy back .

Didn't think this was a bargain price but nothing to compare it with yet.
Jim Clark S2 on the way . The one with the Yellow spoke wheels .
clemo

Postby Saltire » Mon 07.05.2018, 10:34

Well . . . I’ve now gone with Flux for the next year, albeit with some misgivings. The price and policy cover was pretty good; the people and the documentation are pretty poor. I had had a couple of minor issues with Routen Chaplin, who had the business for the last two years, which is why I was looking around, but I’ll probably go back to them next year.

Customer service? Could do better!
Jonathan

Saltire
God

Postby dapinky » Mon 07.05.2018, 10:42

No idea of Flux, but my renewal has just landed on my mat (well, it did on Saturday) from Footman James.

It has gone up a few quid from last year, but still comes in at £165 (Agreed value, salvage retention with no excess to pay, spare parts kept at home and one other 'add-on' which i can't remember) - oh yes, all Mods declared (and there were quite a few, as I told them about everything which is non-OE as opposed to just 'performance' ones).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Kathryn » Mon 07.05.2018, 19:31

Saltire wrote:
Customer service? Could do better!

I’ve always found their customer service excellent. You’re not on hold for ages waiting to talk to someone either (at least I haven’t been) I suppose it depends who you get at the end of the phone! Spoke to three people this time, all friendly and helpful. The last guy mentioned they are just up the road from the Lotus factory, I said I’d like to visit it and he told me to pop in for a cup of tea! :lol:
Palacio S2 #540
Kathryn
Fanatic

Postby Saltire » Tue 08.05.2018, 08:25

Yes, I knew they were in Norfolk. The guy I spoke to sounded really bored and was very salesy: “buy now, immediately, or the price goes up £50”; “have you finished asking questions yet, or can I take your card number”. And so on. He may have been a trainee, because he seemed to need to go off and ask someone else every five minutes, so I’ll forgive him. But he didn’t give me a nice warm feeling that they’d look after me in the event of a claim. Time will tell (not that I’m planning a claim, you understand) :)
Jonathan

Saltire
God

Return to Insurance and Breakdown