Track Day Insurance for single event

For help finding/discussion about good insurance rates.

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Track Day Insurance for single event

Postby rival » Sat 05.05.2007, 19:25

Hi,

I'm doing the Club Lotus track day at Castle Combe at the end of the month, and my current car insurance doesn't include track day cover.

Club Lotus recommended Competition Car Insurance and they wanted £92 for the day. This is more than the cost of the track day itself, and the premium would have been the same were it a standard Castle Combe Action Day with 24 mad drivers on the track at the same time, rather than just 12 Club Lotus members.

So, does anyone have any other recommendation for a single day's insurance. Alternatively, does anyone have competitive annual insurance which includes track day cover (my insurance needs renewing in three months time, and it might be cheaper to take a new policy out now).

Thanks for any advice,

James
rival

Postby chris.t » Sat 05.05.2007, 21:02

Have you been onto your insurers and asked them if they will insure you? I'm with Classicline and they will insure me for any CL event without any extra premium - worth bearing in mind for the future. I'm not sure why CL recommended Competitive car cover when track days are "not" competitive. If your insurers can't cover you ask them if there is somebody you can call that will give you a competitve price. Failing that you can always risk it. CL events (went on one to today at Goodwood) are very well organised and the standard of driving is high with ample amounts of consideration for other track users. I will most likely try to make it to CC (not driving :cry: ) so hope to see you there.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby rob_J » Thu 17.05.2007, 12:28

I do quite a number of track days each year. One off insurance is simply way too expensive the premiums are usually calculated at 1% of the cars value & you will carry a 10% excess. The best way is to get an annual policy that covers trackdays. The companies that I know are geared towards Porsches & may not be best for Lotus's.

Whilst it would be foolish to say there is no risk, the risks are actually very low on well run days. To be honest I feel safer on trackdays than driving normally on our roads. I run with no track insurance on the Porsche. Most people I know also go without.
90 ElanSE BRG
98 Elise S1 Chrome Orange
03 911GT3 Red
05 RR Sport Black
rob_J
Tinkerer

Re: Track Day Insurance for single event

Postby carlton » Sat 16.10.2010, 15:23

rival wrote:Hi,

I'm doing the Club Lotus track day at Castle Combe at the end of the month, and my current car insurance doesn't include track day cover.

Club Lotus recommended Competition Car Insurance and they wanted £92 for the day. This is more than the cost of the track day itself, and the premium would have been the same were it a standard Castle Combe Action Day with 24 mad drivers on the track at the same time, rather than just 12 Club Lotus members.

So, does anyone have any other recommendation for a single day's insurance. Alternatively, does anyone have competitive annual insurance which includes track day cover (my insurance needs renewing in three months time, and it might be cheaper to take a new policy out now).

Thanks for any advice,

James

I hope this might help you find what you need http://www.insurance4event.com , goodluck!
carlton
Welcome to LEC - please introduce yourself

Return to Insurance and Breakdown