E1 3LAN in Cyprus

Elans for sale in the Rest of the World outside North America and the UK.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Nige

E1 3LAN in Cyprus

Postby clemo » Mon 08.10.2018, 20:50

https://www.autotrader.com.cy/cars/lotu ... 56345.html

6000 Euros .

Silk red with red convertible roof.
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Re: E1 3LAN in Cyprus

Postby simonbuk » Wed 10.10.2018, 20:59

Can't quite work out what's happened here.

DVLA says that reg belongs to a green S2.

I guess the reg could have been sold since the MOT was done, but then I don't think it would show up on their database anymore ?

Either that or the guy went the long way round and put 75,000 miles on it since April and resprayed red ?!
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Postby dapinky » Wed 10.10.2018, 21:15

If I were a suspicious sort of person, maybe I'd suspect that the owner has taken his elan to Cyprus and tried (succeded?) to hide it's true identity by cloning a number in a bid to circumvent the import regulations which would require a stringent MOT amongst lots of other red tape.....

.... whether he actually is entitled to that reg number is a different arguement....

....*If* I were looking to consider a purchase, I'd need a very convincing set of explanations before I even got down to negotiating money (as the answers would reflect any offers made - if I even wanted to open the can of worms).

The index number certainly used to belong on the green elan owned by LEC member "saska" (RIP) - and then the car went into the ownership of M100hoods - what happened after that is anybodys' guess.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Rambo » Thu 11.10.2018, 07:55

Maybe Pete knew/knows of it ? Can't be many M100's on the island
Rambo
Don't push me

Return to ROW Elans - For Sale