Lotus/Isuzu Meet - Colorado

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Lotus/Isuzu Meet - Colorado

Postby wgflatliner » Tue 13.01.2009, 02:15

This is a feeler thread to see if any of you elan folks would be interested in coming to a Lotus/Isuzu meet.

When: Weekend of July 11th
Where: Colorado Springs

There are a lot of things planned, and ideas exchanged on another forum, which is located here: http://www.isuzone.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18175 Some folks plan on having a track day, some plan an organized car show, and also cruising and checking out the local scene. Other ideas include barbeque, lazer tag, and so on.

For those who have never been to Colorado, this is a great opportunity to come check out the rocky mountains!

Types of cars attending thus far:
First generation Isuzu Impulses (turbo, non-turbo, RS)
Second generation Isuzu Impulses (non-turbo, and rare RS)
Isuzu Stylus's
Isuzu I-marks
Geo Storms

I'm sure you guys already know the similarity between the 91 Isuzu Impulse RS and the Elan M100, so that's why this thread is here. :)

There are going to be people leaving from washington to come down, and also Los Angeles. So if you have anybody that's willing to caravan with us, that would also work - NoCal or SoCal.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,
Mark
wgflatliner

Re: Lotus/Isuzu Meet - Colorado

Postby CRAMBURY RS » Wed 14.01.2009, 06:41

i know most (at least some) LEC members would probably like to distance themselves from the zone crowd due to the fact they are just geo's and isuzu, but let you not forget your great M100 is powered by the same 4xe1wt, backed by your wiring mess :D

i would propose this a challenge to those that think less of their storm/impulse counterparts to prove their driving skills under the great suspension dynasty that is the LOTUS ;)

assuming i get my RS mechanically completed and painted i will see you there!

i would expect a reply from my upgraded GT series brethren :)
CRAMBURY RS
Enthusiast

Postby Doug » Wed 14.01.2009, 07:05

certainly the Elan man could beat the zusus with only a mere finger to the wheel whilst listening to his Vivaldi

too bad I got rid of the Elan and now drive another GM offshoot vehicle

just kidding: sounds like it would be a fun meet

now where's that youtube video of the guy with his FWD car riding donuts on a McDonalds tray under each rear wheel with the handbrake on :-D

edit: try this link !
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby lotos » Wed 14.01.2009, 22:25

I'll think about it... I actually had a Geo Storm in high school.

FYI the local Lotus Colorado group is planning some fun events this year, so Lotus people don't need to hang out with Isuzus to have fun this year :poke:
lotos
God

Postby CRAMBURY RS » Thu 15.01.2009, 07:21

lotos wrote:I'll think about it... I actually had a Geo Storm in high school.

FYI the local Lotus Colorado group is planning some fun events this year, so Lotus people don't need to hang out with Isuzus to have fun this year :poke:

well you don't HAVE to come, or HAVE to invite anyone to your own events...but it would be NICE if you did make it or have a nice RS at your meets :D

nice to see some interest brewing ;)
CRAMBURY RS
Enthusiast

Postby tweetdriver63 » Thu 15.01.2009, 07:48

Until about a year ago, I had a 91 Impulse (sorry, XS, not RS), and I really loved the car. I had driven it for about 5 years, and then it got some damage in a storm, followed by the oil turning to sludge on me. After it sat for about 18 months, with me trying to decide what to do with it, I got the idea to do a father-son thing with it and my then 17 year old son. We took the engine out and did a rebuild with all new guts, then I replaced the fuel tank, all the engine ancillaries, new brakes all around, new clutch, took the transmission to a local shop for rebuild. We recovered the seats, replaced all the carpets, and refurbed pretty much everything inside. Then we stripped it down, repaired all the little dents and dings, and re-sprayed it a deep metallic blue. I put a double white racing stripe down the middle, which had the Isuzu logo as part of it in the middle of the rear window. We got a set of 16" white 7-spoke wheels, and it was ready to go. Unfortunately, two years later, the thermostat went, and my son kept driving it too long. I ended up selling it, and got him an 01 Golf.

I really liked that impulse. The looks, and the drive. I would probably enjoy your Isuzu get together, but there's no way. Have fun without me.
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Postby CRAMBURY RS » Wed 04.02.2009, 20:21

Just keeping this alive...I know it's a ways out, but it could be fun, good food and Fast and the Furious 4 :wink: we are all hoping to go see the movie together.
CRAMBURY RS
Enthusiast

Postby CRAMBURY RS » Tue 17.03.2009, 00:52

well, i got the list of my courses and i awaiting a reply from a prof to see about taking my school finance course next month to make it to CO for the meet. the gm/isuzu dealer has allowed for us to use the lot for a show.

still no word on the track day, but there better be a BBQ!!!

i have also proposed paintball to Robie, see how that flies :wink: i'm packing my '05 shocker just in case 8)

would be a good time to see about getting parts too. i anyone has a need for any engine/mechanical items i can put it in the thread on isuzone and see who has what and can bring it to the meet.

cheerio!
CRAMBURY RS
Enthusiast

Return to General Lotus/Isuzu Discussion