Elan PROTOTYPE CONCEPT CAR

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Re: Elan PROTOTYPE CONCEPT CAR

Postby tweetdriver63 » Thu 25.06.2015, 00:20

lotusflasherman wrote:
Ian T wrote:LOL. You wouldn't want the one-off then?

I realise that the amount of work involved is monstrous, took Lotus millions of Pounds to do, etc etc etc.

Meant to say, I saw a brand new M100 boat the other day at Bromley Pageant - unused from the factory and in primer. Even I would rather reshell a duff one than take on the task of trying to create a different car.

Nope. Don't like the look of it and not distinctive enough... bit like a Renault Alpine GTA/610 but without the muscles. Looks more like a 2+2 and fixed head too ... and one of the plastic wheels trims is broken !!!!!

Looks like a Subaru SVX to me.

http://srv2.betterparts.org/images/subaru-svx-16.jpg
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Thu 25.06.2015, 00:35

tweetdriver63 wrote:Looks like a Subaru SVX to me.

http://srv2.betterparts.org/images/subaru-svx-16.jpg

:agree: I've never seen that model in UK but have to agree with you. Reckon the SVX is better design than the Ital concept too ... and with 230bhp, 4WD and 150mph top speed I might have bought one !
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Elan+"S.... and now a Collapso SE
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Saltire » Thu 25.06.2015, 18:20

lotusflasherman wrote: I've never seen that model in UK but have to agree with you. Reckon the SVX is better design than the Ital concept too ... and with 230bhp, 4WD and 150mph top speed I might have bought one !

Here you are . . . You know you want one :mrgreen:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... &logcode=p
Jonathan

S2 no 512, BRG, magnolia interior, last of four UK S2 to this spec
Saltire
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Fri 26.06.2015, 00:52

Saltire wrote:
lotusflasherman wrote: I've never seen that model in UK but have to agree with you. Reckon the SVX is better design than the Ital concept too ... and with 230bhp, 4WD and 150mph top speed I might have bought one !

I did till I read this "All versions of the SVX sold were equipped with automatic transmissions, as a manual transmission capable of handling the horsepower and torque of the EG33 engine was not produced by Subaru at the time".
Don't want auto.

I reckon tweetdriver63 was spot on though - "The SVX was Subaru's attempt to enter the once-popular luxury/performance car category. The prototype was designed by renowned designer Giorgetto Giugiaro of ItalDesign. " aha!

perhaps they should have continued - "for Lotus but they rejected it so he took it to Subaru" :lol:
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Elan+"S.... and now a Collapso SE
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby tweetdriver63 » Fri 26.06.2015, 01:42

lotusflasherman wrote:
Saltire wrote:

I did till I read this "All versions of the SVX sold were equipped with automatic transmissions, as a manual transmission capable of handling the horsepower and torque of the EG33 engine was not produced by Subaru at the time".
Don't want auto.

I reckon tweetdriver63 was spot on though - "The SVX was Subaru's attempt to enter the once-popular luxury/performance car category. The prototype was designed by renowned designer Giorgetto Giugiaro of ItalDesign. " aha!

perhaps they should have continued - "for Lotus but they rejected it so he took it to Subaru" :lol:

I thought about getting one several years ago. Liked the looks and the power sounded nice, but I didn't like the 0-60 time, and like you, I wouldn't have an automatic.
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Postby Saltire » Fri 26.06.2015, 07:41

I wouldn't have an auto as a drivers car, but I have a 320d Efficient Dynamics auto for banging up and down the motorways, and it's a great business tool. And cheap road tax. And a regular 65+ mpg

But it's not a Lotus :lol:
Jonathan

Saltire
God

Postby theelanman » Fri 26.06.2015, 08:13

Saltire wrote:I wouldn't have an auto as a drivers car, but I have a 320d Efficient Dynamics auto for banging up and down the motorways, and it's a great business tool. And cheap road tax. And a regular 65+ mpg

have you tried the new Evora and Exige......they're both done in auto (IPS as was).......OMG :shock: ....they're awesome in auto/flappy paddle

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Saltire » Fri 26.06.2015, 14:03

theelanman wrote:
Saltire wrote:I wouldn't have an auto as a drivers car, but I have a 320d Efficient Dynamics auto for banging up and down the motorways, and it's a great business tool. And cheap road tax. And a regular 65+ mpg

have you tried the new Evora and Exige......they're both done in auto (IPS as was).......OMG :shock: ....they're awesome in auto/flappy paddle

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Not yet; I had a very early (K. Series) Elise for a while, but that was manual. Would like to have a go in an Evora. Maybe when I retire :lol:
Jonathan

Saltire
God

Postby Specky » Sat 27.06.2015, 18:37

Rambo wrote:One for Musee de Specky :D

Always watching... :wink:
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby DeanG » Sat 27.06.2015, 21:46

One of the prototypes was purchased by a Brit ex-patriot who resides in Texas. The last time I spoke with him was at a vintage FF race at VIR. I forgot to ask how the restoration was going.
DeanG
God

Postby 55chevy » Sat 23.04.2016, 01:27

Now I see this thread, where I should have posted this about a M90 prototype FS, is this the US one mentioned?......
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25202
55chevy

Postby DeanG » Tue 26.04.2016, 01:46

That is it. There is only one.
DeanG
God

Previous

Return to General Lotus/Isuzu Discussion