couldn't resist !!

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

couldn't resist !!

Postby gov » Sun 01.12.2019, 17:46

lovely sunny day down here today - couldn't resist - de-Sorned BFG and took her out for a blast - hood up as I'm a soft Southerner but enjoyed every second - car drove like a dream :D :D
gov
Enthusiast

Re: couldn't resist !!

Postby daveiow » Sun 01.12.2019, 22:55

Glad to hear it Tony :D
For the cost of six months tax I couldn’t see the point of missing a lovely winters day run out!
I can understand it up where Rambo is but down here amongst the soft Southerners with very little salt on the roads winter corrosion is not such a problem.
David
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
daveiow
Fanatic

Postby Rambo » Mon 02.12.2019, 10:04

Oi Dave :poke:

I drive mine right throughout the winter months, where possible ie no salt on the roads. I had an icy 50 mile blast up to Edinburgh on Friday (-1C). Top down all the way, turbo and exhaust really coming into their own with the cold temps. I did cheat on the way home and put the top up but it was -2C and dark by then

Incidentally, if you SORN your car and then find you have a nice day and want a drive just UNSORN it and pay by direct debit. It will cost you about £23.67 for the whole month (£23.18 for succesive months) then you can SORN it again until you need it.

Rambo's top tip for the day :wink:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby gov » Mon 02.12.2019, 19:27

Rambo wrote:Oi Dave :poke:

I drive mine right throughout the winter months, where possible ie no salt on the roads. I had an icy 50 mile blast up to Edinburgh on Friday (-1C). Top down all the way, turbo and exhaust really coming into their own with the cold temps. I did cheat on the way home and put the top up but it was -2C and dark by then

Incidentally, if you SORN your car and then find you have a nice day and want a drive just UNSORN it and pay by direct debit. It will cost you about £23.67 for the whole month (£23.18 for succesive months) then you can SORN it again until you need it.

Rambo's top tip for the day :wink:

Yes that is what I'm doing :D
gov
Enthusiast

Return to General