Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

Re: Spotted

Postby gov » Fri 13.03.2020, 11:05

daveiow wrote:Hi Tony
That’s an interesting spot, there was a NMY one over here a few years ago. The owner was in LEC but I can’t remember his name, think he moved to the States. There’s definitely a Calypso Red SE in Brighstone, lady owner from new and well used and our illustrious ex leader of the Council has a white SE to go with the Morgan he inherited from his father in St Helens.
(Rumour has it there’s one in Wooton Bridge somewhere :shock: but less said about that the better!)
You are not alone...........
David

Hi David
Yes best not to mention the one in Wotton Bridge haha - I do remember Barry Snow mentioning about the lady owner of the red one in Brighstone who still uses it as a daily - Barry still looks after it for her ( or he did 8 years ago ! ) apparently it was in a bit of a state so whether or not it's still going I don't know .

Although I love red I have to say NMY looks good on the Elan :D

Hope you're still enjoying the Evora

Tony
gov
Enthusiast

Postby Steve A » Sat 11.04.2020, 10:45

Because of the current situation we find ourselves in, this particular thread as you might think, will see very little activity, and quiet rightly so.
Because of this fact maybe we need to more imaginative in our approach.
So here goes:
Whilst queuing 2 meters apart at my local bakers this morning (for essential bread), I turned and noticed the man behind me.
Not only was he wearing a mask but also the Hethel anniversary T shirt ! :shock:
Obviously a conversation starter! :poke:
He has a 60's Elan which he has restored, but his friend in South Woodham has a Blue M100!
But then it was my turn to go in the shop, yes he'd saved the best bit til last and then it's nice to meet you and goodbye :roll:.
That's all I have, it's all a little bit tenuous I know but surely under the circumstances this would count ?
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby B_land » Sat 11.04.2020, 16:33

Steve A wrote:Because of the current situation we find ourselves in, this particular thread as you might think, will see very little activity, and quiet rightly so.
Because of this fact maybe we need to more imaginative in our approach.
So here goes:
Whilst queuing 2 meters apart at my local bakers this morning (for essential bread), I turned and noticed the man behind me.
Not only was he wearing a mask but also the Hethel anniversary T shirt ! :shock:
Obviously a conversation starter! :poke:
He has a 60's Elan which he has restored, but his friend in South Woodham has a Blue M100!
But then it was my turn to go in the shop, yes he'd saved the best bit til last and then it's nice to meet you and goodbye :roll:.
That's all I have, it's all a little bit tenuous I know but surely under the circumstances this would count ?

Picking up on Steve’s tenuous sighting, spotted this one on my drive today:-D :roll: :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EG S2
B_land
Enthusiast

Postby B_land » Sat 11.04.2020, 16:34

Ands upside down on its roof :bananasex:
EG S2
B_land
Enthusiast

Postby rip » Sat 11.04.2020, 19:16

Steve A wrote:That's all I have, it's all a little bit tenuous I know but surely under the circumstances this would count ?

:agree:
& it is certainly good to hear you are ok. :smt023
1990 SE
rip
God

Postby JusNoGood » Tue 28.04.2020, 19:34

I wouldnt risk posting this on usual fb or what have you.....

My father was diagnosed with a terminal illness on Friday last week (weeks not months to live). He's a great big car nut like I am. Only plus to the whole situation is it means I'm allowed out letting loose in the two cars to go see him and care for him. Took the Elan over the weekend down to Rustington (80 mile round trip). It was a lovely drive. Perfect Elan weather. Top down whizzing down the great fun a24 with my daughter in the passenger seat - my dad would love it. First thing he asks when I walk through the door is hows the lotus :D - didnt tell him the speedo stopped working driving over to him, started working again when I left :bonk:

P.S. it was fab driving again. It felt like going back 30 odd years when the roads were empty (by comparison)
JusNoGood
Fanatic

Postby simonbuk » Sat 16.05.2020, 16:43

Red (very shiney) M100 in Orpington on the A224 heading towards the M25 at 4.40 pm today.
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex, currently East Anglian Rivers.......

Previous

Return to General