Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby Stef » Mon 02.06.2008, 15:30

Red Elan in Daventry last Friday. We flashed lights but I didn't catch the plate.
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
User avatar
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
Location: Northamptonshire

Postby dapinky » Mon 02.06.2008, 21:14

Calypso red - H 510 ???.

Hartcliffe Way, Bristol, today (Monday) at about 4.14pm.

Couldnt get full index, occupant(s) or SE/NA. (it did have perspex rear plate cover and very nice looking red (NOT pink) paintwork!

Didn't wave as i had a customer in the back of our car :lol:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby abmunro » Tue 10.06.2008, 16:56

Sunday 8th about 4-00 on A1 just north of Gosforth, Newcastle

Spooted a BRG


reg...... H ??? TCK
91 Elan SE 24k miles, 270 BHP @ 1.25 barg. Roll hoops + fairings+ speed humps Elise lights. S2 alloys. Nitrons& Eibachs,AP's front & Hi Spec rear brakes
User avatar
abmunro
God
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed 18.04.2007, 22:46
Location: Chester-Le-Street, Co Durham.

Postby Dave Eds » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:04

M11 northbound at Stansted 5pm this evening


M100 LMS


No chance of the top down on that one :-D
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby GeoffSmith » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:29

Dave Eds wrote:M11 northbound at Stansted 5pm this evening


M100 LMS


No chance of the top down on that one :-D


Image

Coming back from some knocking shop in Jockland? :wink:
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Dave Eds » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:32

Tooted as I roared past top down in the d/d and got a wave back :D

Then realised too late that my new phone has a camera :roll:

Not only that Dico was in the service station blissfully unaware (as always) :lol:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby LittleRob » Sun 15.06.2008, 10:11

Norfolk Mustard in Great Dunmow yesterday (Saturday 14th) at about 16:00 I didn't wave or toot or anything as I wasn't in mine.

LR
LittleRob
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu 23.09.2004, 08:18
Location: Essex

Postby John_W » Sun 15.06.2008, 20:53

Spotted RichardK today. He came for afternoon tea.

He had driven all the way to Aberdeen from darkest Englandshire in his beautiful very red SE. Only done about 28,000 miles and very nice. Hi-Specs, Elise steering wheel, but otherwise very standard and unmolested.

I suggested molesting it with a Mountain chip.

Nice to see you, Richard.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Postby theelanman » Sun 15.06.2008, 21:10

:shock:
john
just notived your steering wheel.....wheres that come from???
just thought Id ask
cheers
g
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby Dave Eds » Sun 15.06.2008, 21:15

LittleRob wrote:Norfolk Mustard in Great Dunmow yesterday (Saturday 14th) at about 16:00 I didn't wave or toot or anything as I wasn't in mine.

LR


Not me Rob :wink:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby John_W » Sun 15.06.2008, 22:04

theelanman wrote::shock:
john
just notived your steering wheel.....wheres that come from???
just thought Id ask
cheers
g

Gareth,
It's a Momo. Had it for 7 years. See here.
John
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Postby theelanman » Sun 15.06.2008, 22:11

John_W wrote:
theelanman wrote::shock:
john
just notived your steering wheel.....wheres that come from???
just thought Id ask
cheers
g

Gareth,
It's a Momo. Had it for 7 years. See here.
John


ah got you!!!!!.... Id not spotted it before :smt023
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby dans » Mon 16.06.2008, 08:00

BRG Elan spotted 7.30am in Bristol, turning towards UWE.
With what looked like gaffer tape on the front clamshell.... :shock:
User avatar
dans
Fanatic
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue 26.04.2005, 19:14
Location: Cotswolds

Postby LittleRob » Mon 16.06.2008, 11:36

Dave Eds

I thought it might be you at first, until I posted and saw your reg. I think the one I saw ended "TUS" but I can't remember the first letters. (Not L0 ;-) )

LR
LittleRob
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu 23.09.2004, 08:18
Location: Essex

Postby ektrolleyboy » Thu 19.06.2008, 22:20

LOTUS ELAN S2
Aqua (rare) with magnolia piped in blue it seemed.
M100 plate.
Seen twice last week in Edgbaston whilst on my way back from Paul Matty, both times funnily enough...

Nice looking, clean car. Driver not so fresh in his years, ha, ha...
Pacific Blue-LOTUS ELAN S2 # 036 / Hot Orange-MINI COOPER S CABRIOLET
ektrolleyboy
God
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat 11.11.2006, 11:35
Location: Heaven And Hell!

Postby Enright » Fri 20.06.2008, 00:18

What, you mean something like the one in the background in the first post on this page?
I'm sure Martin will be happy to hear that! :lol:
It is a lovely car though.
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby ektrolleyboy » Sun 22.06.2008, 17:11

I'd say that was the one.

Stunning looking car and obviously aqua was a rare SE colour, so I'd imagine even rarer as an S2 car?
I guess Gary would be the man to answer that?

A credit to its owner anyway. It's such a shame that these fragile cars get shagged by most of their owners.
Funnily enough, when I saw this S2 I'd been looking at a project at Paul Matty that a women was completing. It was a BRG SE that had already seen 5K's work. Retrim/respray etc. Would be good to see this when it's finished if that lady happens to read this...
Pacific Blue-LOTUS ELAN S2 # 036 / Hot Orange-MINI COOPER S CABRIOLET
ektrolleyboy
God
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat 11.11.2006, 11:35
Location: Heaven And Hell!

Postby rip » Sun 22.06.2008, 18:03

ektrolleyboy wrote:Stunning looking car and obviously aqua was a rare SE colour, so I'd imagine even rarer as an S2 car?
I guess Gary would be the man to answer that?


Didn't think SEs were available in Aqua at all.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby ektrolleyboy » Sun 22.06.2008, 19:21

They defo' were! But I think only from 92 + (or J plate at least). Half leather or perforated grey only. They were all post stripey leather if I'm not mistaken (although Lotus did offer stripey leather on some of the last SE's produced).

Actually. There's one for sale now on AUTO TRADER.

Not keen on it on the SE's but with the S2 wheels and Magnolia it looks fresh and modern.
Last edited by ektrolleyboy on Mon 23.06.2008, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Pacific Blue-LOTUS ELAN S2 # 036 / Hot Orange-MINI COOPER S CABRIOLET
ektrolleyboy
God
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat 11.11.2006, 11:35
Location: Heaven And Hell!

Postby DaveT » Mon 23.06.2008, 12:29

8)
Kinnell Knorman

Nother steel blue seen in Ipswich this morning heading toward town centre on Nacton Road. J*** KLR.

D
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests