Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Spotted

Postby DaveT » Sun 14.09.2008, 21:57

8)
16 M100's at Dunwich on Sat 13th- yes 16. Would have been 14 but Gary managed to find us again.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Re: Spotted

Postby Sy V » Tue 16.09.2008, 13:10

Bummer.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Re: Spotted

Postby Gary » Tue 16.09.2008, 13:16

Sy V wrote:Bummer.


I thought we weren't allowed to use language like that anymore ? :mrgreen:
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Re: Spotted

Postby Sy V » Tue 16.09.2008, 13:17

Two fellatio Elans (one SE, one S2 - both going eastbound) in the space of 600yds on the A4440 at 7:20 this morning.
Whilst I've seen both of these cars separately before, I've never clocked them practically together and never when I've been in the Elan too.
After waving over the top of the screen to both drivers (and receiving return waves/flashes) I got the wanker sign from the white van man behind me, who immediately took receipt of the 'bird' from yours truly. :-D
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Re: Spotted

Postby Sy V » Tue 16.09.2008, 13:18

Gary wrote:
Sy V wrote:Bummer.


I thought we weren't allowed to use language like that anymore ? :mrgreen:


See, you can be funny, Gary.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Re: Spotted

Postby Jackonicko » Tue 16.09.2008, 13:27

Two fellatio Elans, Sy?

That's a bit hard to swallow......
:poke:
Jackonicko
 

Re: Spotted

Postby Sy V » Tue 16.09.2008, 13:41

Yep, and within 'spitting' distance of one another!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Re: Spotted

Postby Gazza » Tue 16.09.2008, 15:15

Sy V wrote:Two fellatio Elans (one SE, one S2 - both going eastbound)



Sy, only did this colour in the S2 :wink:
S2 Midnight Blue #660
Hayward & Scott 2.5" exhaust.
Red AP brakes & Nitron adjustable suspension.
SOLD

TVR Tamora in Montreal Blue
User avatar
Gazza
God
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun 15.05.2005, 08:55
Location: Romford, Essex.

Re: Spotted

Postby Sy V » Tue 16.09.2008, 15:23

Well, you'd better tell Aaron (tswcowboy who owns a Palacio SE) and this other owner that then Gaz.

Aaron's profile
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Re: Spotted

Postby Gazza » Tue 16.09.2008, 16:22

I remember Pm'ing him ages ago when I saw the profile to get his details for the S2 register, I'm sure he said he has had it resprayed.

So we both could be right :wink:

Gazza
S2 Midnight Blue #660
Hayward & Scott 2.5" exhaust.
Red AP brakes & Nitron adjustable suspension.
SOLD

TVR Tamora in Montreal Blue
User avatar
Gazza
God
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun 15.05.2005, 08:55
Location: Romford, Essex.

Re: Spotted

Postby Gazza » Tue 16.09.2008, 16:24

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=9330

Found this, second post from bottom.
S2 Midnight Blue #660
Hayward & Scott 2.5" exhaust.
Red AP brakes & Nitron adjustable suspension.
SOLD

TVR Tamora in Montreal Blue
User avatar
Gazza
God
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun 15.05.2005, 08:55
Location: Romford, Essex.

Re: Spotted

Postby Sy V » Tue 16.09.2008, 17:39

Good find mate. I've known Aaron for years and he's never mentioned a respray to me.

I can assure you though that this other one is an SE, unless he's running SE wheels on an S2!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Re: Spotted

Postby Doug » Tue 16.09.2008, 18:02

Sy V wrote:Two fellatio Elans (one SE, one S2 - both going eastbound) in the space of 600yds on the A4440 at 7:20 this morning.
Whilst I've seen both of these cars separately before, I've never clocked them practically together and never when I've been in the Elan too.
After waving over the top of the screen to both drivers (and receiving return waves/flashes) I got the wanker sign from the white van man behind me, who immediately took receipt of the 'bird' from yours truly. :-D


nice work, Sy!
Image
User avatar
Doug
LEC Founder
 
Posts: 7468
Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
Location: Oregon Coast, USA

Re: Spotted

Postby MPx » Tue 16.09.2008, 21:08

Red car on the A358 from Chard to Horton Cross with lights up .... but only one working (!) :poke:

:D
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
User avatar
MPx
God
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon 05.06.2006, 22:50
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Spotted

Postby rip » Thu 18.09.2008, 12:32

Spotted by Alex --GT3-- , one of our LEF cousins.

A blue Elan, reg 28ES I think, in the NCP carpark in Liverpool on Pall Mall street. Any of the LECers know this one??
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby Beats » Fri 19.09.2008, 19:05

M100 CPL - just before 6.00pm today (Friday) passing the prison in Aylesbury.
Beats
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu 02.03.2006, 13:30
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks

Re: Spotted

Postby Steve A » Sun 21.09.2008, 17:42

Silver Elan :shock: on CANVEY ISLAND :shock: passing the bus museum !! Sunday 5pm and I was in my Focus :oops:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Spotted

Postby DaveT » Sun 21.09.2008, 18:47

rip wrote:Spotted by Alex --GT3-- , one of our LEF cousins.

A blue Elan, reg 28ES I think, in the NCP carpark in Liverpool on Pall Mall street. Any of the LECers know this one??


That would be Pall Mall then-not a street. Was it on bricks? Scouser now in Ipswich used to work just round the corner from there at the infamous Hatton Garden Ambulance Station. Fond memories. Rats as big as cats.
So in short- yes I do know Pall Mall in Liverpool.
If you mean the car? I havent got a 'kin clue.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Re: Spotted

Postby clan » Mon 22.09.2008, 18:40

Spotted only my fourth elan in eighteen months on Sunday as I was walking to the pub :beer: for a day out at the football. It was a J reg BRG roof down driving through Dumbarton East.
1992 SE - Monaco White - 64,000 miles and climbing.

White Is The New Black.
User avatar
clan
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri 30.12.2005, 20:21
Location: Dumbarton, Scotland.

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 24.09.2008, 09:20

Norfolk Mustard SE on an H plate southbound M11 at Harlow 8.15 today.

Lady driver - exchanged waves. :smt039

Mrs LittleRob?

I was in the red southbound too!
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests