Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Ronee » Fri 24.08.2012, 17:53
cant believe this 2 spots in 2 days!
black S2 M909 *** spotted coming off the M4 onto the Bristol ringroad at about 5.15pm, i was next to you in the blue S2, i got a tad excited!
at least im not the only person that drives the Elan in the rain

-

Ronee
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 183
- Joined: Sat 28.01.2012, 22:33
- Location: North Somerset
by Kier » Sat 25.08.2012, 08:38
trig wrote:I normally always drive with roof down but my lad gets embarressed so put it up for him


Kids today eh! When I was a lad going in a convertable would have been cool!
-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by alan e » Thu 30.08.2012, 17:11
gray H plate with roof down on A27 worthing heading east at 12.15pm, 1st one i have seen on the road for a long time.
[color=#FFBFFF]Black 1992 M100
2010 black evora
Austin 7 1932 box saloon
MG ZS EV
-
alan e
- God
-
- Posts: 1130
- Joined: Sun 19.02.2012, 20:43
- Location: worthing west sussex
by trig » Fri 31.08.2012, 15:56
Blue S2 N874 in Bristol Muller Rd hiding under a railway bridge

-

trig
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 442
- Joined: Wed 13.08.2008, 19:37
- Location: Bristol
by paulsmithmk » Mon 03.09.2012, 19:24
Red SE HXXX APN parked off The Hanger Lane - saw it on my way in and out today - my first spot -

S2 Number 640
-

paulsmithmk
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 332
- Joined: Wed 04.07.2012, 11:51
- Location: Milton Keynes
by rip » Thu 06.09.2012, 13:39
My colleague was passed last night on the A12 near Romford by a 'dark blue S2'.
Doesn't take much guessing really does it
Gazza, you had your roof up!

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by ipelm » Sat 08.09.2012, 13:42
Red S2 parked up at Hill Head (near Fareham.)
Bit of a cheat this spot as I am usually towing my sons Laser dinghy to the nearby sailing club and am therefore never in my Elan when passing though the area.
-
ipelm
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon 27.12.2010, 19:33
- Location: West London
by rip » Sun 09.09.2012, 23:29
2 spots inside a minute!
In Colchester at 5.30 today, I exchanged waves with the driver of another Pacific Blue J reg when heading from Harwich Road towards St Johns Road.
Less than half a mile further on, I saw a Calypso J reg parked facing opposite traffic. I am pretty sure this one was Paul69's Elan.
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by inkitin » Fri 14.09.2012, 18:40
Today at 11:45, parked on Barlow Moor Road, Didsbury.
NMY Elan SE - J631 SPK
91 SE Calypso Red
inkitin: 28/09/1949 - 23/07/2014
-

inkitin
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Sat 27.10.2007, 14:02
- Location: Manchester
by paulsmithmk » Sat 15.09.2012, 19:22
I dont even see you and I drive past where you live twice a day - good spot!!!
rip wrote:2 spots inside a minute!
In Colchester at 5.30 today, I exchanged waves with the driver of another Pacific Blue J reg when heading from Harwich Road towards St Johns Road.
Less than half a mile further on, I saw a Calypso J reg parked facing opposite traffic. I am pretty sure this one was Paul69's Elan.
S2 Number 640
-

paulsmithmk
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 332
- Joined: Wed 04.07.2012, 11:51
- Location: Milton Keynes
by cliff » Sun 16.09.2012, 02:35
Blue J reg on the M2 about 3 pm, yesterday.
Was in the Alfa trying to make the ferry after spending nearly an hour trying to cross the QE2 bridge.

Did see the B.o.B Lancaster flying past though, looked & sounded fantastic.
91 Lotus Elan SE Turbo
03 MG TF 135 Sprint (Partner's)
07 Alfa Spider 939
If you can't be a good example, then you might as well be a terrible warning
-

cliff
- God
-
- Posts: 801
- Joined: Mon 17.01.2011, 18:39
- Location: Preveza Greece / Scunthorpe UK
by DaveB » Sun 16.09.2012, 16:37
Calypso red, H8 --- , spotted, Godalming Sainsburys. Roof down, clean, looking and sounding good...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
... should have been at Waitrose with a posh car like that.

Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
-

DaveB
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
- Location: Godalming, Surrey
by Stef » Sun 16.09.2012, 17:43
No other Elans spotted at Sunday Service Silverstone today.
Blipi was the only one again!
Especially to the delight of a young boy as I dropped the hood to head home!

Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
-

Stef
- TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
-
- Posts: 4016
- Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
- Location: Northamptonshire
by rip » Sun 16.09.2012, 18:09
Stef wrote:No other Elans spotted at Sunday Service Silverstone today.
Blipi was the only one again!
Maybe because there were 10 of us at a car show in Bishops Stortford.

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by DavidEJM » Mon 17.09.2012, 21:08
I really must keep an eye out for these meetings, I would have been up for that if I'd been aware of it.
Oooooh shiney!
-

DavidEJM
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 360
- Joined: Tue 19.01.2010, 21:58
- Location: Oxford
by tb10 » Mon 17.09.2012, 21:21
Pacific Blue SE H210 M??
Anticlockwise west of M11 on the M25 1.45 today - Sounded lovely - looked ace - Black aftermarket wheels.
Sunny day - ROOF UP!!
Regards
John
-
tb10
- God
-
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Tue 18.05.2010, 23:16
- Location: Bromsgrove - Worcestershire
by paulsmithmk » Mon 17.09.2012, 21:37
Stef wrote:No other Elans spotted at Sunday Service Silverstone today.
Blipi was the only one again!
Especially to the delight of a young boy as I dropped the hood to head home!

is this a regular lotus meet???
S2 Number 640
-

paulsmithmk
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 332
- Joined: Wed 04.07.2012, 11:51
- Location: Milton Keynes
by djcar » Mon 17.09.2012, 21:40
we've had maybe just a few hours of rain since about mid June here.. nothing but sunshine.. I'm starting to miss clouds and rain but It's been great driving with the top down I hate driving with the hood up and only got caught Once in last year in the rain and got the wet knee syndrome....

-

djcar
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Mon 04.07.2011, 03:47
- Location: Victoria BC Canada
by rip » Tue 18.09.2012, 12:47
paulsmithmk wrote:Stef wrote:No other Elans spotted at Sunday Service Silverstone today.
Blipi was the only one again!
Especially to the delight of a young boy as I dropped the hood to head home!

is this a regular lotus meet???
Pistonheads I believe.
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by Stef » Tue 18.09.2012, 16:06
rip wrote:paulsmithmk wrote:Stef wrote:No other Elans spotted at Sunday Service Silverstone today.
Blipi was the only one again!
Especially to the delight of a young boy as I dropped the hood to head home!

is this a regular lotus meet???
Pistonheads I believe.
Aye, from PH. The Sunday Services they hold usually subscribe real quick and notice quite short, but next time I'll try to post notice here. Would be good to have some more Elans present!
Keep check on the Events thread and your local area thread.

Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
-

Stef
- TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
-
- Posts: 4016
- Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
- Location: Northamptonshire
Return to General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests