Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Spotted

Postby DavidEJM » Thu 05.09.2013, 14:45

Red Elan (looked like SE from the brief glimpse I got) at Millets Farm in Oxfordshire. Top down and enjoying the sunshine. I was very jealous coz I was in the family bus (toyota previa).
Oooooh shiney!
User avatar
DavidEJM
Fanatic
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue 19.01.2010, 21:58
Location: Oxford

Re: Spotted

Postby Ladythorpe2 » Fri 06.09.2013, 08:00

NMY sat on the garage forecourt at Boston Spa - Yesterday 5th September 2013
User avatar
Ladythorpe2
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed 28.12.2011, 10:48
Location: Fenwick, Nr Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Spotted

Postby Dico » Mon 23.09.2013, 19:14

Collapso red northbound, M66 today, lunchtimeish.
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Re: Spotted

Postby inkitin » Mon 23.09.2013, 22:06

Dico wrote:Collapso red northbound, M66 today, lunchtimeish.

Collapso Red??? You cheeky beggar, 'twas I ! :lol:
91 SE Calypso Red

inkitin: 28/09/1949 - 23/07/2014
User avatar
inkitin
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat 27.10.2007, 14:02
Location: Manchester

Re: Spotted

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 23.09.2013, 22:14

I think the collapso bit was aimed at the driver you old codger.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Spotted

Postby inkitin » Mon 23.09.2013, 22:19

GeoffSmith wrote:I think the collapso bit was aimed at the driver you old codger.

Ahhh That's OK then, I understand now! Just so long as it's not the car! :wink:
91 SE Calypso Red

inkitin: 28/09/1949 - 23/07/2014
User avatar
inkitin
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat 27.10.2007, 14:02
Location: Manchester

Re: Spotted

Postby Artaban » Fri 27.09.2013, 23:49

H* LAN, Red Elan top down today at 1.45 just north of Chester. Blazing sunshine perfect weather. Car being driven responsibly :shock: by a white male in the peak of physical condition.

i was that sad man in the white BMW who wished he'd dug out his car from the back of the garage and enjoyed a Friday afternoon drive in the sun instead of heading off to the bank to pay bills. :(

Andy
My wife's just divorced me because I wouldn't open the car door for her!
To be fair I panicked and swam straight for the surface.
User avatar
Artaban
Fanatic
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue 09.02.2010, 07:24
Location: Tiverton, Devon UK

Re: Spotted

Postby Fredjohn » Thu 10.10.2013, 07:50

Silver Elan G***ALE in my local pub car park. Didn't realise there was another M100 in my town, let alone one with such an appropriate reg for a pub!!

It was only half a mile from my house. As it was 7.40am didn't try to find the owner. Anyone here??
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec élan.

Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
Mercedes Benz C200 estate
Lotus Evija Danish edition
User avatar
Fredjohn
God
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
Location: Malvern, Worcs

Re: Spotted

Postby ipelm » Fri 11.10.2013, 22:31

Green J reg SE seen parked near Coop. Greenford Avenue. Hanwell. Thurs 10th October late afternoon.
ipelm
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon 27.12.2010, 19:33
Location: West London

Re: Spotted

Postby Fredjohn » Thu 17.10.2013, 21:05

Spotted silver Elan G***ALE again near Kenilworth golf club.

Must be a new car to my area as I have now seen it 3 times in the last 10 days. Are you on here?? :?: :?: :) :)
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec élan.

Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
Mercedes Benz C200 estate
Lotus Evija Danish edition
User avatar
Fredjohn
God
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
Location: Malvern, Worcs

Re: Spotted

Postby alan e » Fri 18.10.2013, 00:10

Blue m100 with dutch plates heading towards storrington west sussex at about 10.30 am on Thursday
[color=#FFBFFF]Black 1992 M100
2010 black evora
Austin 7 1932 box saloon
MG ZS EV
alan e
God
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sun 19.02.2012, 20:43
Location: worthing west sussex

Re: Spotted

Postby nicowalker1 » Thu 24.10.2013, 08:10

BRG heading down Denby Dale Road towards M1J39
User avatar
nicowalker1
God
 
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat 18.04.2009, 13:44
Location: Sowerby Bridge

Re: Spotted

Postby Rob P » Thu 24.10.2013, 13:25

Red se heading into Preston on Garstang Road just after the M55/M6 roundabout at Broughton, I was in the JCW Mini which was a shame as it's a lovely Sunny day here in Preston and should have taken time to take the cover off and take the Elan out.
First time I've been able to post on this thread, must find out who it is :D
simplify and add lightness
1991 Norfolk Mustard Yellow SE - Gone but will never be forgotten :-)
1969 Lotus Elan S4 - Wedgewood Blue
1997 Lotus Elise S1 - Metallic Racing Green
User avatar
Rob P
Fanatic
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed 20.02.2013, 17:35
Location: Preston, Lancs

Re: Spotted

Postby DABgp » Fri 25.10.2013, 12:45

Rob P wrote:Red se heading into Preston on Garstang Road just after the M55/M6 roundabout at Broughton, I was in the JCW Mini which was a shame as it's a lovely Sunny day here in Preston and should have taken time to take the cover off and take the Elan out.
First time I've been able to post on this thread, must find out who it is :D


The one that was for sale recently in Kirkham?
User avatar
DABgp
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon 12.08.2013, 11:23
Location: North West England

Re: Spotted

Postby Rob P » Fri 25.10.2013, 14:56

DABgp wrote:The one that was for sale recently in Kirkham?

Possibly, we were both on the move so didn't manage to get the Reg number :(

was a bit surreal though seeing another one out of the blue, just doesn't happen that often :lol:
simplify and add lightness
1991 Norfolk Mustard Yellow SE - Gone but will never be forgotten :-)
1969 Lotus Elan S4 - Wedgewood Blue
1997 Lotus Elise S1 - Metallic Racing Green
User avatar
Rob P
Fanatic
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed 20.02.2013, 17:35
Location: Preston, Lancs

Re: Spotted

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Sat 26.10.2013, 23:44

An unusual one, this, but Autocar are using a picture of some traffic here: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indus ... ions-rules

And look what is in the foreground. Does anyone recognise it?
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri 28.12.2012, 13:16
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Re: Spotted

Postby lotustonybassplayer » Sun 27.10.2013, 12:23

looks like canary wharf area to me
lotustonybassplayer
Fanatic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Wed 09.05.2012, 21:40
Location: rainham kent

Re: Spotted

Postby DaveT » Thu 31.10.2013, 17:21

collapse red se near thimbleby, lincs

I was in the black slk hogging the road cos I couldn't believe I was seeing one so close to my new home.

D
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 31.10.2013, 18:18

DaveT wrote:collapse red se near thimbleby, lincs

I was in the black slk hogging the road cos I couldn't believe I was seeing one so close to my new home.

D

But your profile had you in Suffolk - are you lost again???

:-D
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 31.10.2013, 19:49

DaveT wrote:collapse red se near thimbleby, lincs

I was in the black silk stockings....


:shock:
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests