Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby Gordon » Sat 04.08.2007, 14:00

Does anyone have a standard "calling card" that can be left on the windscreen of any parked elans, inviting them into LEC?

Might be a handy thing to have in the glovebox...
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
User avatar
Gordon
Fanatic
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
Location: Torquay, Devon, UK

Postby Enright » Sat 04.08.2007, 16:58

I've given out a few of the earlier LEC stickers in my time (you know the old fadey type), but due to some dozy bint suggesting a "sticker competition" to use them up at Donington a couple of years ago there are hardly any of them left now.
But hey, far be it from me to say "I told you so"! :roll:

Actually Gordon you've just given me an idea.
If one of our resident graphics experts were to come up with something that we could all agree on, it could be uploaded onto the site as a PDF and then just printed off by anyone onto anything.
I'd be happy to carry a few "LEC approved standard calling cards" around that I could just pop under a windscreen wiper if ever I saw another Elan.

I was thinking of something about business card sized (so you could get about a dozen on an A4 sheet) with the cat on skates LEC logo on the LHS (or as a watermark), and/or the above page header, then some words along the lines of:

Are you aware of LotusElanCentral.com?
Would you like to find other local enthusiasts?
Don't know the difference between a CEL and a CAS?
Got a question about your car that nobody else can answer?
LEC is the primary resource for the M100 Elan on the net.
Join us for free online, and discover a whole community out there, dedicated to the finest handling, most stylish FWD car ever built.

Obviously those are just a few preliminary ideas, but it could work! :oops:
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby Dico » Sat 04.08.2007, 18:17

Sounds good to me Neil

Pacific blue with S2 wheels today somewhere in Southport at the car/plane/model railway etc day.
Colour coded valve caps 8)
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Gordon » Sat 04.08.2007, 18:28

Neil, sounds like exactly what I had in mind...

I'm no atrist I'm afraid - but I could certainly recommend using the Avery Template C32011 for printing Business Card size onto...

Gordon

soz for going a bit :offtopic:
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
User avatar
Gordon
Fanatic
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
Location: Torquay, Devon, UK

Postby Enright » Sat 04.08.2007, 18:49

Do you think I should start a new topic to gather all the ideas in one place and track development, or leave it in here?
Hmm, thinking about how long it took us to agree the stickers, perhaps a new topic would be best. I'll copy my post into another one and let's see where it goes from there...
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby dapinky » Sat 04.08.2007, 18:55

I'm no graphic designer, but something like this? (It fits on Avery C32011)

Edit - now it appears to be in the wrong thread (i've moved it :roll: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby theelanman » Sun 05.08.2007, 18:34

red elan
**** RMB I think (sun was in my eyes 8) )

this afternoon about 4:30 on A6020 between ashford in the water and baslow

derbyshire

nice wave :-D
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby router » Sun 05.08.2007, 19:19

That was me taking the Mrs for a spin and making the most of the sunshine, nice to see someone else out with the roof down :)

Close on the plate ****JMR
User avatar
router
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri 01.06.2007, 11:28
Location: Sheffield

Postby Rambo » Mon 06.08.2007, 14:41

Enright13 wrote: but due to some dozy bint suggesting a "sticker competition" to use them up at Donington a couple of years ago there are hardly any of them left now


Hi Stef !!

She's not been "SPOTTED" since knocking that wooden effigy at this years Donny curry bash
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Postby Dico » Mon 06.08.2007, 14:48

Rambo wrote:

She's not been "SPOTTED" since knocking off that wooden effigy


I believe his name is/was Justin :twisted:
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Candles » Mon 06.08.2007, 20:59

Spotted a Pacific blue S2 on Friday evening heading from Heckington to North Kyme in Lincolnshire. Anyone on here? I was in the Elan and we both waved . Must be one of the few times I've ever seen an Elan when I've been in the Elan.

Candles.
User avatar
Candles
God
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:58
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Rambo » Tue 07.08.2007, 07:49

theelanman wrote:red Elan
**** RMB I think (sun was in my eyes 8) )

this afternoon about 4:30 on A6020 between ashford in the water and baslow

derbyshire

nice wave :-D


I'm red and XXRMB Gareth but I wasn't in Derbyshire and I expressly reserve my "nice wave" for babes :smt039
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Postby theelanman » Tue 07.08.2007, 12:17

rambo
I did think it was close to you when I saw it.......thats probably why I miss read it......... :-D
as for waving.....my mrs was in the car too......so you'd would have had to wave ;-) :smt039
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

White one in Matlock

Postby Chris B » Tue 07.08.2007, 17:39

Saw a white one like mine in Matlock town centre today about 2.45.
Chris B
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri 11.08.2006, 22:56
Location: Nottingham UK

Postby Rogerf » Sat 11.08.2007, 13:26

This morning 1.00am on the back of pick up going towards Telford M54.
S2 it looked to be red but it was v.dark!

Roger

PS hope it was being delivered and not broken down!!
User avatar
Rogerf
Fanatic
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu 14.04.2005, 22:34
Location: Telford, Shropshire

Postby bigsi » Sat 11.08.2007, 19:12

well i was in abergavenny today on the way out of town for a little drive in the sunshine and passed a white elan, i popped the light pods up, tooted, smiled and waved..... not a single acknowledgement back, no smile, wave, nod... nothing, just plain old ignorance, shame really let the side down he did.
bigsi
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun 27.05.2007, 19:54

Postby Dave Eds » Sat 11.08.2007, 19:28

bigsi wrote:well i was in abergavenny today on the way out of town for a little drive in the sunshine and passed a white Elan, i popped the light pods up, tooted, smiled and waved..... not a single acknowledgement back, no smile, wave, nod... nothing, just plain old ignorance, shame really let the side down he did.


Probably in awe of your Esprit and thinking there goes that famous bloke :smt098
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Enright » Sun 12.08.2007, 00:43

Funny that isn't it?
I would always acknowledge an Esprit, Excel, Elan old or new, but don't usually make an effort with Elises unless they do first.
Guess it's the difference in perception between someone who you think is an enthusiast, compared to those who simply wanted to buy a nice new plaything.
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby ailwyn » Sun 12.08.2007, 00:46

Enright13 wrote:Funny that isn't it?
I would always acknowledge an Esprit, Excel, Elan old or new, but don't usually make an effort with Elises unless they do first.
Guess it's the difference in perception between someone who you think is an enthusiast, compared to those who simply wanted to buy a nice new plaything.


But isn't it fun to see the perplexed look on their face when you wave to them and they don't have a clue?? :-D
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Sun 12.08.2007, 03:53

It's even funnier when they finally realize that the car your driving is a Lotus as well..... Dense through and through. :roll:
Must....................Go...............Faster
User avatar
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
Location: Earth or there abouts

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests