Spotted - North America!

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Spotted - North America!

Postby tigerdog » Mon 07.07.2008, 15:56

This will make for a short but fun thread. I'll start it off:

Yellow Elan, westbound Del Mar Heights Rd at Carmel Canyon, San Diego. My son spotted this is a garage about .5 mile from my house some time back. If you read the list, please PM. We're neighbors!
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

11 July 2009 - Cars & Coffee

Postby tigerdog » Sun 12.07.2009, 01:01

Red Fed Elan - nice shape, driven by a gentleman named (maybe?) Greg. We were both distracted and off in different directions quickly, so we didn't get a chance to chat. Still, two Elans in the same place at the same time in the US without prior planning. What are the odds? I followed him into the car park - a mini caravan!
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby Doug » Sun 12.07.2009, 04:47

I saw three Elans within spitting distance yesterday:
Ekapol's 2 Elans and Jack's new smoky-flavoured Elan
Image
User avatar
Doug
LEC Founder
 
Posts: 7468
Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
Location: Oregon Coast, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby tigerdog » Sun 12.07.2009, 15:52

Doug wrote:I saw three Elans within spitting distance yesterday: Ekapol's 2 Elans and Jack's new smoky-flavoured Elan

I just read the story - just the kind of thing that makes LEC such a fun place to be. I'm jealous I couldn't join you.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby TheBard » Tue 21.07.2009, 13:09

Can I spot my own Elan? It is the only one I've ever seen on the East Coast!
Ford Fiesta Mk2, VW Polo, Golf GTi, Lotus Elan, Honda Accord Coupe V6.

Calypso Red Cali #7683 - Bought at 29,000 miles, and sold at 75,000miles.
User avatar
TheBard
Fanatic
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun 16.01.2005, 05:22
Location: Washington D.C.

Impossible! but true

Postby tigerdog » Fri 16.07.2010, 05:35

Spotted: San Diego I-5 southbound at Genessee, 2010-07-15 16:40. SILK RED Elan :shock:. As far as I know, Silk Red wasn't available on Fed cars. Wasn't it introduced on S2s? But this was definitely Silk Red and by the rear wing configuration, definitely a Fed car. So now in San Diego, we have Calypso Red, White, BRG, Black and Silk Red!

If this is your car, please PM me - I would love to get our cars together in La Jolla or someplace similar for a photo.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Impossible! but true

Postby rip » Fri 16.07.2010, 13:54

tigerdog wrote:If this is your car, please PM me - I would love to get our cars together in La Jolla or someplace similar for a photo.


An Elan meet in the US really would be something....
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby tigerdog » Fri 16.07.2010, 14:14

There's getting to be enough in San Diego to make a meet possible, if I can just contact everyone. Now, who has this Silk Red???
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby lotos » Fri 16.07.2010, 16:38

Denver is right in the middle of the country. And we've just built these big mountains perfect for Elan photographing...
User avatar
lotos
God
 
Posts: 1689
Joined: Thu 26.08.2004, 04:48
Location: USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby tigerdog » Fri 16.07.2010, 18:15

If you'd kept the yellow one in San Diego, you could come, too. But NOOOOooooo... :)
Now if we can just find someone to buy the Pac Blue in Utah, San Diego can corner the market on exotic-coloured Elans in the USA. But I'm getting :offtopic:
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 29.12.2010, 01:38

Cross posting from TLF member Trevor on Boxing Day

Norfolk Mustard in Half Moon Bay

"Went to Poplar Beach this morning to walk the dogs. Then went to a surf shop towards the harbor. As we were at the lights where the 92 joins the 1. It was heading south on the 1 and turned on the 92 to head towards San Mateo. It was probably around 12:30 or 1 o'clock".
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby tigerdog » Wed 29.12.2010, 06:10

Sweet! Is this anyone we know?
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby Dave Eds » Mon 02.05.2011, 09:09

He's been seen again Doug!



"While I was driving on the 92 from San Mateo heading towards Half Moon Bay this morning at 9:30. It was heading east. Anyone on here?"
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Silk Red, again in San Diego

Postby tigerdog » Sat 23.07.2011, 16:11

My son spotted the Silk Red exiting I-805N to head east on Mira Mesa Blvd at about 2PM yesterday. Grrr! I want to see this car!
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby Specky » Sat 23.07.2011, 16:25

Is this silk red your nemesis!

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby steve matthews » Sat 23.07.2011, 18:00

Red, he said RED.
User avatar
steve matthews
God
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Mon 06.11.2006, 22:16
Location: VIRGINIA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby tigerdog » Sat 23.07.2011, 23:26

Specky wrote:Is this silk red your nemesis

Yes it is - the mythical questing beast I'll chase until the end of my days, so it seems.

steve matthews wrote:Red, he said RED.

No, I said Silk Red. Very different color and one that was supposedly never imported to the US, at least according to the numbers floating around the interwebz. That's why it is so mythical!
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby GeoffSmith » Sun 24.07.2011, 11:53

Image as opposed to Image Steve.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Avast - my Nemesis again!

Postby tigerdog » Mon 05.09.2011, 01:35

Spotted the mythical San Diego Silk Red - this time in a Costco parking lot! Snapped this photo and by the time I got through the gas line, it was gone. Of course, wife had phone off and son left phone in car, so I couldn't get someone to watch until the owner came out or I came back. Also, in my dear wife's car, no little notebook in the glovebox so nothing with which to leave a note. It's clear from the photos this is a North American car and not the Arizona hot-weather test mule. Note the missing antenna on the left side - AZ car's was on the right - plus Fed body panels. So the mystery continues but at least I have photographic proof the car exists!
NorthAmericanSilkRed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tigerdog on Mon 05.09.2011, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Spotted - North America!

Postby DeanG » Mon 05.09.2011, 18:02

Somebody run those plates.
User avatar
DeanG
God
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Fri 19.12.2003, 22:12
Location: Virginia USA

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests