Sex of an Elan

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Sex of an Elan

Postby lotusflasherman » Sat 11.03.2017, 15:26

keep reading things like "She'll be appearing in two issues of Classic Car Buyer over the next few weeks...., but meantime you may take it from me that she drives very well indeed." and I know somebody was recently looking for a bra for their Elan but I've never found any genitalia on any of my cars to make them female, or male. The old joke that a sports car, particularly if red, is a penis substitute should surely make them male, if anything... :lol:

Think I'll continue to use 'it'...
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: Sex of an Elan

Postby HJ2 » Sat 11.03.2017, 17:32

I Love my red penis extension... with or without bra and my uprated 'downpipe' !
I'll stick to 'it' as well :-D
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Postby tigerdog » Sat 18.03.2017, 16:33

Smaug is male. There's no doubt, but don't call him an extension of anyone else's male member. He's male because he's brash, snorts a bit on throttle, pops out the backside occasionally and generally has nothing nurturing in his personality. Your Elan may be different but then, Smaug is a bit different than other Elans.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Sat 18.03.2017, 17:02

Recent addition to "Elans on ebay" thread amused me ... in the ebay ad' he usually calls it "she" but then has

"I got divorced three years ago and gave it to my wife. She has barely used it since and it hadn't turned a wheel since summer 2015.

She has just sailed through MOT and is running well. Ready for summer.
" .... So his ex-wife has an MOT ? ? :lol:
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Giniw » Sun 19.03.2017, 00:51

Maybe he decided to keep the Elan and he is selling his ex-wife instead?
Giniw
God

Return to General