Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: Spotted

Postby rip » Sun 02.07.2017, 23:07

theelanman wrote:that looks like an expensive day at the garage...... :-D

Mine could have been a lot worse. It was fixed in a day.
I am not sure how Spud & I managed to miss each other there either....or why he never removed my dials. :poke:
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Sun 02.07.2017, 23:23

rip wrote:.or why he never removed my dials. :poke:


How tall do you think I am? :mrgreen:
'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 4727
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby Rice crispy » Sun 09.07.2017, 12:38

Spotted H plate about 9am yesterday on the A228 in Kent. Was in my daily
User avatar
Rice crispy
God
 
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
Location: brentwood essex

Re: Spotted

Postby Fredjohn » Tue 11.07.2017, 16:48

Aqua Marine (or Medina Green, not sure) hood up, on a low-loader in Malvern on Guarlford Rd turning into Chance Lane, about 12.25pm

Anyone on here?
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Team Carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
User avatar
Fredjohn
God
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
Location: Malvern, Worcs

Re: Spotted

Postby simonbuk » Tue 11.07.2017, 17:43

Red one heading south on the A24 towards Worthing mid afternoon today - gave you a wave !!
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
User avatar
simonbuk
God
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Re: Spotted

Postby morciii » Wed 12.07.2017, 19:57

Spotted a black S2 up at Glamis Castle at the weekend, M886***
1992 Lotus Elan SE British Racing Green
1985 Talbot Horizon GLE Heather Green
morciii
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon 09.02.2015, 17:37
Location: West Lothian, Scotland

Re: Spotted

Postby John_W » Wed 12.07.2017, 21:14

morciii wrote:Spotted a black S2 up at Glamis Castle at the weekend, M886***

Hi, Liam.
:smt006

There was also a red one on the Saturday, as well as my blue one in the car park rather than on the Club Lotus stand. The weather was better on Saturday as well, although half of the exhibiting cars han't turned up (the Lotuses were there both days, though).

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
John_W
Philistine
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Spotted

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 12.07.2017, 21:24

On FaecesByuk. David Kimmins' import from Cyprus to Sheffield:

Image
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces @ £50 incl. P&P UK
http://ElanScanInterfaces.onmypc.net
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 13729
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Spotted

Postby Rambo » Wed 12.07.2017, 21:28

Rear badge and wheels look a bit naff :twisted:

Wonder if it rubber shoulders with Epipete's ?

PS what colour is that Geoff ? It looks much paler than Pacific Blue
User avatar
Rambo
MacAffro
 
Posts: 5708
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Dirty Gala

Re: Spotted

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 12.07.2017, 22:06

Aqua or none standard? Anyway, what about the Fed boot?
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces @ £50 incl. P&P UK
http://ElanScanInterfaces.onmypc.net
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 13729
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Spotted

Postby Fredjohn » Wed 12.07.2017, 22:32

GeoffSmith wrote:Aqua or none standard? Anyway, what about the Fed boot?


RHD with a Fed boot? Will someone explain that one please :poke: :poke:
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Team Carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
User avatar
Fredjohn
God
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
Location: Malvern, Worcs

Re: Spotted

Postby dapinky » Wed 12.07.2017, 22:40

Fredjohn wrote:RHD with a Fed boot? Will someone explain that one please :poke: :poke:


Yep - standard configuration for what Lotus called "ROW RHD" - (rest of world).... anything which was exported as RHD *should* have looked like that, so I presume that it was an Original export car not a UK one, which ended up in Aphrodites Isle.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
User avatar
dapinky
Moderator
 
Posts: 7620
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: Weston-on-the-Mud, Somerset, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Wed 12.07.2017, 22:54

Rambo wrote:PS what colour is that Geoff ? It looks much paler than Pacific Blue


It looks like the metallic blue used on some of the Lotus Sunbeams - Moonstone Blue, I think, and the Lotus sticker probably comes from the Sunbeam too.
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri 28.12.2012, 13:16
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Re: Spotted

Postby Giniw » Wed 12.07.2017, 23:09

dapinky wrote:Yep - standard configuration for what Lotus called "ROW RHD" - (rest of world).... anything which was exported as RHD *should* have looked like that, so I presume that it was an Original export car not a UK one, which ended up in Aphrodites Isle.
Interesting, I didn't know that, thanks.
User avatar
Giniw
Fanatic
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sat 21.04.2012, 20:46
Location: France

Re: Spotted

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Wed 12.07.2017, 23:49

Giniw wrote:
dapinky wrote:Yep - standard configuration for what Lotus called "ROW RHD" - (rest of world).... anything which was exported as RHD *should* have looked like that, so I presume that it was an Original export car not a UK one, which ended up in Aphrodites Isle.
Interesting, I didn't know that, thanks.

I didn't know that either.

I see that the aerial is on the opposite side. I wonder if it improves reception!
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri 28.12.2012, 13:16
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Re: Spotted

Postby Giniw » Thu 13.07.2017, 00:48

It's on the near side on a LHD, too. I mean, your nearside. => it's on the left of the car :-D
User avatar
Giniw
Fanatic
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sat 21.04.2012, 20:46
Location: France

Re: Spotted

Postby rip » Thu 13.07.2017, 08:54

Rusty Wishbone wrote:
Rambo wrote:PS what colour is that Geoff ? It looks much paler than Pacific Blue


It looks like the metallic blue used on some of the Lotus Sunbeams - Moonstone Blue, I think, and the Lotus sticker probably comes from the Sunbeam too.

Metallic paint can be very light sensitive, so could it simply be Aqua? as suggested by Geoff earlier
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 13.07.2017, 09:46

Colour coded rear light eyebrows suggest a paint job perhaps........
'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 4727
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 13.07.2017, 12:27

Dave Eds wrote:Colour coded rear light eyebrows suggest a paint job perhaps........

And the pinstripe coachline and white/silver bumper grille...... but the colours are different from a different angle:

What can you see under there Spud? :lol:

Image
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces @ £50 incl. P&P UK
http://ElanScanInterfaces.onmypc.net
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 13729
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Spotted

Postby morciii » Fri 14.07.2017, 23:48

John_W wrote:
morciii wrote:Spotted a black S2 up at Glamis Castle at the weekend, M886***

Hi, Liam.
:smt006

There was also a red one on the Saturday, as well as my blue one in the car park rather than on the Club Lotus stand. The weather was better on Saturday as well, although half of the exhibiting cars han't turned up (the Lotuses were there both days, though).

John


Hiya John, I could only make the Sunday. Weather wasn't the best that day. I don't think I saw the red or the blue one though. The black S2 was the first car I saw when I came in. First time I've seen an Elan since I sold mines, made me miss having one!
I couldn't find the owner of the S2, was going to ask them how well the roof had held up to the rain. Mines would have had a pond on the seat by the time I left Glamis.
1992 Lotus Elan SE British Racing Green
1985 Talbot Horizon GLE Heather Green
morciii
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon 09.02.2015, 17:37
Location: West Lothian, Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest